Exclusive

House Exclusive: David Anders Cast in Pivotal Ep

David Anders is positively hospital obsessed!

The Alias and Vampire Diaries vet — who’s currently playing doctor to Prince Charming on ABC’s Once Upon a Time — will find himself on the other end of the scalpel on House.

Anders has signed on to play the Patient of the Week in an early ’12 episode of the Fox drama that also features (as we reported earlier this week) a guest turn by Jeffrey Wright.

The buzzy hour — written by Garrett Lerner, Russel Friend and David Foster and directed by exec producer Greg Yaitanes (the same creative team behind Season 4’s Emmy winning “House’s Head” episode) — centers on House’s unorthodox process being put on (metaphorical) trial. Wright plays Foreman’s mentor and the arbitrator of House’s fate.

“David’s presence will change the course of the season,” teased Yaitanes, who steps behind the House cameras for the 30th time with this installment. “We are all fans of his work here at House and excited he is lending his talent to such a significant episode of our series.”

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Stacy says:

That’s great I love David.

2. Jamie says:

Don’t watch the show but gotta DVR this ep.

Loved him in “Heroes,” and “The Vampire Diaries.”

3. tahina says:

He already looks sick.

4. MJ says:

Sark!! I love David Anders, I haven’t seen House this season but I might watch this episode for him.

• Edward says:

Sark!

Haha, that’s exactly what I think of every time I see him. I love the man, though; he’s my favorite villain ever, I think.

And yes, I think House has been better this season. Last almost lost me; it’s not groundbreaking so far this season, but I think the lack of Cuddy-soap is leaving more space for good writing.

5. Grace says:

[H]OUSE is SO much better this season then it was last season. If you haven’t tried it yet, I say give it a watch, I think you’ll be glad you did. HUGH LAURIE is AMAZING!! Mon. 9 p.m. EST on FOX!! :)

• S8HouseAwesome says:

I agree. This season of House has been awesome so far. The scripts are tight and they are using everyone to tell the story. Even characters I didn’t like before I now love. Of course no one can replace Wilson, who is my fav character. But I love what they are doing with all the House cast and the POTWs this season. It sort of feels like seasons 1 and 2.

• JT says:

you’re kidding? season 1 to 3 were the best, now House has changed, not the same tortured guy. Something is missing.

• S8HouseAwesome says:

House is still very much tortured but in a way that appeals to smart people. There’s no in your face craziness. No stink bombs or trip wires. The POTWs are the story with some b-plots about the characters that’s just so well done. Everything is subtle and understated but really, really powerful And you’re gonna love the entire cast. That’s what I love so much about this season. Even though Wilson is my favorite character, I love them all. I see several Emmys for season 8. Yes. It’s that good.

6. s says:

the last scene in Monday’s episode was the funniest thing I have seen on television in years. No comedy has made me laugh like that.

• JT says:

that’s the problem, too much comedy.

• D says:

The amazing thing about this show is its ability to blend comedy and drama seamlessly. How anyone can watch more than two or three episodes of House and then say “too much comedy” is beyond me.

• JT says:

so where is the drama?

• umadbro says:

Obviously, this person has never watched House before.
            Season 1: Volgler
            Season 2: Stacey
            Season 3: Bastard Tritter
            Season 4: Cutthroat Bitch
            Season 5: Cutthroat Bitch, again
            Season 6: Ep 1, Broken + Cuddy
            Season 7: Cuddy
            Season 8: Jail

The real question is “where isn’t the drama?”

• JS says:

Never too much comedy. Too serious all the time is boring. I do wish they would do something with the hospital though. It looks like it’s empty and suggests (to me)like it has been closed the entire time House was in prison. It needs to be busy, more patients. Just the look makes me feel empty. It needs painted something other than that putred green! If anybody should be new in this cast, it should be dean of medicine. Foreman does not belong there. I truly loved the first episode, but please get House out of the ankle cuffs! You are making it look like the show (hospital) can’t make it without Cuddy. Come on! Love Hugh Laurie, he can do no wrong. Pull this season together and quick. I love the show, will always watch, but you are losing fans rather swiftly.

7. Kath G says:

This season keeps getting better and BETTER. Love David Anders ever since Alias.

8. Maddy says:

This season is getting better and better, I just hope that this big change of direction for the rest of the season is for the better and not another disaster, like when they split House and Wilson up or when they introduce a “Romantic interest” for either House or Wilson!!!

9. Katy says:

I have never watched House but I LOVE David Anders!!!!!! Loved him in Alias, was my fave character!! And in Heroes and TVD too and anything else I have seen him in!! He is just awesome! :)

10. Karlui says:

Disagree. I had to stop wathing after episode 3. It was getting really lame

11. cara says:

The ridiculous idea that this is a “buzzy” episode is strictly a figment of the imagination of Greg “Kaboom” Yaitanes.

Fans are leaving the show in droves, especially after the four snoozy episodes so far. The hallmark of “House” used to be poignant drama matched with screamingly funny comedic turns, often in the same scene. This season, in a disasterous change from the past, the dramatic tension has been completely erased from the show, leaving the humor hanging on its own as flimsy, pasty, and dull.

House is so removed from the core elements of the show that he didn’t even meet the patient in Monday’s episode and has seemed interested only in his own scams and mean-spirited intrigues this season.

Where are the purposeful fun, the intense drama, the ethical challenges, the spine-tingling sexiness, the bravura character reveals that were in every episode of the past seven seasons?

This season’s introduction of two new female doctors has been an unrelieved disaster and the ratings reflect that collapse. The utter absence of buzz about any of the “spoilers” peddled by GY is further proof that “House” needs to be put out of its misery.

• Jon says:

Well I for one am thoroughly enjoying the season so far and think it is easily on a par with the earlier seasons.

Purposeful fun: the partition wall through to Wilson’s office. The bet with Park about her job. etc
      Intense drama: Park wondering if she still has her job, House nearly punching out a colleague and being sent back to prison, oh yeah, House *in prison* and nearly getting stabbed, oh yeah a lung in a tank too was quite dramatic
      Ethical challenges: sweat shops or not? Are we truly altruistic (and should we be?) Is lying ever justified? Is personal redemption selfish? seriously, are we watching the same season?
      Spine tingling sexiness? Well YMMV

12. jhon says:

Temporadas 1,2,3 lo mejor de tv!!!

13. Ray says:

I personally think that this season is getting better with every episode. now i’ll admit that i was skeptical at first with the huge cast overhaul but they have made it interesting and worthwhile for every episode to the nay sayers out there i’d like to see you do any better and i have a feeling that they will bring Lisa Edlestein back eventually even if it is only for an episode here and there keep up the good work

14. Noelle says:

I am a diehard House fan…..this episode looks good and seriously….please let’s work so this is not the last season…this show is still way too good to end! I love Hugh Laurie and his character who defies all the rules but still has all the right answers.

15. Alex says:

Dang. Now I guess I have to keep watching this season of House til at least David’s episode airs.

16. Julie V. says:

True Housefan(like me) stick since 2004 and I’m glue to my tv every Monday @9pm..
    So people who still arguing that they stop watching or left already -Go watch other “old” series who struggling too/rating everywhere are low..,
    Anyway,I’m enjoying more and happy about the spoilers through the next episodes who would be EPIC…and sure that our Hugh will deliver his best performance that may shock or even make me/us cringe (like the self operation in After Hour)and cry a bit too…
    So, lets enjoy the crazy ride of solving weird medical puzzles with our favorite miserable sarcastic limping nephrologue….for the rest of the season & hopefully 1 more year.
    It’s my favorite addiction!!!!

17. Lorena says:

it is getting, if you stopped watching i suggest you start watching again, because the action is about to start, i love chase