Exclusive: Criminal Minds Collars The Shield's Jay Karnes For 150th Episode

Criminal Minds is celebrating its 150th episode with a little game of To Catch a (Possible) Predator starring The Shield‘s Jay Karnes.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively Karnes will appear in Minds‘ milestone installment as a suspected serial rapist who may or may not be targeting a woman who looks a lot like actress Dina Meyer (which is probably because that’s who’s playing the role).

“[Dina] plays a victim and believes [Jay’s character] is the predator,” explains executive producer Erica Messer. “But only our team knows the truth.”

Minds‘ 150th episode will air in early 2012.

1. Alicia says:

Woot! Some 150th ep news, and just yesterday I was kvetching about this in Ask Aus. Impeccable timing, my good man, thanks :D
    Though could you try to dig up some deets about the team member’s roles; particularly Hotch and/or Prentiss? I can pay you…
    …in shiny objects?

2. Delta says:

I will be honest, this episode might be the only one I’m NOT looking forward to.
    I just hope the Hotch/Prentiss scenes will remain professional and that we’ll simply see a boss worried about one of his agent, like he would be worried about all of his agents/friends.

what I am looking forward to is Hotch/Beth.

• bklyngirl says:

There’s nothing to worry about. It’s a friendship/boss-team member scene. It’s only in the crazy, delusional minds of their shippers believing Hotch and her will go stumbling down the aisle.

3. Raquel Reinke says:

See, even if I’m a Hotch/Prentiss shipper I agree with Delta. They CAN’T force things between the two, and I think they won’t. I believe we are going to see the construction of a possible friendship (and for now is the most plausible think to happen. FOR NOW! :D).

• Danna says:

I think the friendship between Hotch and his team members is already there even if Hotch is someone who is very guarded.
      We saw wonderful scenes between Hotch and the rest of the team (Rossi, JJ, Reid, Morgan…).

4. Justin says:

Great news! I loved him in The Shield, and he’s had some great roles on Burn Notice.

5. Donna says:

Jay Karnes was my favorite villain on Burn Notice, gave a chilling performance on season 1 of Sons of Anarchy, and was superb in The Shield. I’ll tune in to see him on Criminal Minds, but that show has been lackluster the past couple of seasons.

6. Michael says:

Did you guys hear that Gideon is coming back