Piers Morgan Exits as America's Got Talent Judge

Get More: News, Reality TV

Piers Morgan is moving on from NBC’s summer competition series America’s Got Talent.

“I’m leaving America’s Got Talent after 6 wonderful years,” Morgan tweeted Wednesday evening, after making the announcement on his CNN program, Piers Morgan Tonight. “Turned out that juggling’s harder than it looks, so I’m going to focus on CNN.”

He went on to thank “NBC, Fremantle, and of course, my friend Simon Cowell, for giving me such a great opportunity. It’s been a blast.”

Check out video of Morgan’s big news below.

Will you miss Morgan’s patented brand of British tartness on AGT? Or is it high time for some fresh blood anyhow? Sound off below!

Comments (14)

• If they could get a new group altogether I’d be satisfied.

Comment by mike – November 9, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad to see him leaving AGT after six amazing years being a judge on the hit reality series of the summer. He’s always been kind, funny and sometimes mean like Simon but he’s moving on to resume his own talk show gig on CNN and it looks like the search begins for Piers’ replacement on the seventh season of GOT TALENT coming Summer 2012.

Comment by kevin – November 9, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to see him leaving the show. He was enjoyable with his snarky and sometimes mean comments. He was the only judge I’d usually listen to. Howie’s just annoying, and Sharon’s ok.
    I don’t know if they can find someone to replace him.

Comment by Taylor – November 9, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer!! He was the only sane one on there…….

Who can replace? No one immediately comes to mind…..but bring Regis as a judge this go around could be kind of cool =D

Comment by Ella – November 9, 2011 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Piers was the only AGT judge I still had respect for. His good opinion had to be earned. You always knew it was the greatest relief to the contestants when Piers gave a positive review. I’ll still watch as long as we don’t have another Mandel-ish judge.

Comment by Alicia – November 9, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very sad Piers is leaving AGT! He was my favorite judge! I hope we get someone big and famous to fill his seat! I think either bring back the Hoff or Regis for familiarity or bring someone new: Clive Davis, David Foster, Patti Labelle, Dolly Parton, Lorne Michaels, Debbie Allen or Wade Robsen are in my opinion some replacement possibilities.

Comment by Jacob – November 9, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So…you’d like it if the judge was famous…but not if they had a brain and only put through the actually talented people…

Judging priorities might need to be reexamined. The Hoff coming back would KILL the show.

Comment by Alicia – November 10, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now, this is just me thinking… I’m thinking CNN told him that if he wants to stay on his own talk show, he will need to not re-up his AGT. But that’s a bad idea, because that’s where he gets his exposure from, and can only help his talk show.

Comment by uhyeahright – November 9, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s probably not too far off, and I agree. The AGT exposure would only help his show on CNN. Since we all know, CNN isn’t going to help itself.

Comment by DryedMangoez – November 9, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now that its been announced Howard Stern is coming in to judge, I’m thinking they just chose to not renew Morgan’s contract to simply bring in fresh blood.

Comment by uhyeahright – November 10, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s really too bad – Piers, Sharon, Howie and Nick are a great set together. I love watching them, they are more of the reason I tune in than the contestants.

But if one of them had to go, I’m okay with it being Piers – I love the other three more.

(And yes I know Nick isn’t a judge, but he’s still part of the “cast”)

Comment by pv – November 9, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • REGIS!

Comment by Brandy – November 10, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You need at least one mean, snarky judge – cowell and morgan are really good at providing it. The british version struggled this year because it missed that key element and so they put really poor acts through…

Comment by Sara – November 10, 2011 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regis would be awesome and a perfect replacement for Morgan. Kind and funny. We never thought Howie would be any good and he’s great! He could live here now and watch Mr. Trouble grow up!;)

Comment by Betty – November 28, 2011 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post