TVLine Items: Mimi Rogers Plays Mom on Men, Closer Vet Declines Spinoff Spot and More
Mimi Rogers is set to appear in multiple episodes of the CBS staple, playing the mother of Ashton Kutcher’s Walden Schmidt, Deadline reports. Men‘s self-made millionaire apparently got his brains from his lookalike mom, who happens to be a noted primatologist.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Looks like The Closer is getting spun off without Corey Reynolds. Deadline is reporting that the actor has turned down a spot on Major Crimes, the long-running TNT drama’s upcoming offshoot. In the meantime, Reynolds has signed a talent holding deal at NBC.
• Everwood alert! Treat Williams has landed a guest spot on an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU. Per TVGuide.com, the NBC procedural has cast the Against the Wall actor as a former quarterback caught with an underage prostitute.
• Hellcats alumna Ashely Tisdale will appear in the Valentine’s Day installment of Fox’s Raising Hope, playing Jimmy’s fake girlfriend, per EW.com.
• Jennie Garth is set to star in and executive-produce a half-hour comedy pilot for ABC Family, titled Village People. The 90210 alumna will play a single, career-driven woman who adopts a baby from a teen mom, whom she ends up “adopting” as well.
• Wilmer Valderrama (That 70′s Show) will guest-star on an episode of ABC’s freshman comedy Suburgatory, playing a new age spiritual (and sexual!) guru, TVGuide.com reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?