TVLine Items: Mimi Rogers Plays Mom on Men, Closer Vet Declines Spinoff Spot and More

Two and a Half Men is adding a new lady to the mix.

Mimi Rogers is set to appear in multiple episodes of the CBS staple, playing the mother of Ashton Kutcher’s Walden Schmidt, Deadline reports. Men‘s self-made millionaire apparently got his brains from his lookalike mom, who happens to be a noted primatologist.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Looks like The Closer is getting spun off without Corey Reynolds. Deadline is reporting that the actor has turned down a spot on Major Crimes, the long-running TNT drama’s upcoming offshoot. In the meantime, Reynolds has signed a talent holding deal at NBC.

Everwood alert! Treat Williams has landed a guest spot on an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU. Per TVGuide.com, the NBC procedural has cast the Against the Wall actor as a former quarterback caught with an underage prostitute.

Hellcats alumna Ashely Tisdale will appear in the Valentine’s Day installment of Fox’s Raising Hope, playing Jimmy’s fake girlfriend, per EW.com.

Jennie Garth is set to star in and executive-produce a half-hour comedy pilot for ABC Family, titled Village People. The 90210 alumna will play a single, career-driven woman who adopts a baby from a teen mom, whom she ends up “adopting” as well.

Wilmer Valderrama (That 70′s Show) will guest-star on an episode of ABC’s freshman comedy Suburgatory, playing a new age spiritual (and sexual!) guru, TVGuide.com reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (8)

• When you said “Closer vet” I panicked. I thought you meant Flynn or Provenza. Phew! The MUST go to Major Crimes! Much as I love Corey, I could do without him I suppose (though it’s a shame). Wonder if they’ll make Gabriel the mole then?

Comment by Leah – November 8, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I felt the same exact way Leah. As much as I love the whole team, Flynn & Provenza are like air & water or chocolate to me. So glad it’s not them. Good theory about the mole.

Comment by Safia – November 8, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can the teen Jennie Garth adopts be Amanda Bynes please!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss What I Like About You

Comment by nate – November 8, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! No Detective Gabriel? I guess in some ways it makes sense since in my mind he is so linked with Brenda. I do wish the show would have done something with their inappropriate chemistry though! :)

Comment by Diane – November 8, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whew! I felt the same way about Flynn and Provenza. I will miss Gabriel but we sure do need our Flynn and Provenza.Hopefully Tao joins the new show, Wonder if Gabriel will be the one who is killed>

Comment by Ethel – November 8, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • F&P are my faves to join the spinoff.

Comment by maggie – November 8, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know.. I’d start watching 2.5 men again if they’d made Demi Moore the Mom instead.

Comment by TC – November 8, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dummi Moore would be funny, but it’s better that they cast an actress, instead of Dummi.

Comment by CJ – November 9, 2011 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post