Glee, Vampire Diaries Lead People's Choice Noms

Glee and The Vampire Diaries topped the list of nominees for the 2012 People’s Choice Awards.

Fox’s high-school musical received seven nominations, including Favorite Network TV Comedy, two nods for Favorite TV Comedy Actress (Lea Michele and Jane Lynch), and two for Favorite TV Comedy Actor (Chris Colfer and Cory Monteith). Gywneth Paltrow and Kristin Chenoweth were also recognized for Glee in the Favorite TV Guest Star category.

The CW’s Vampire Diaries netted four nominations, while Bones, Grey’s Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory all got three, including one for Big Bang star Kaley Cuoco, who was recently announced as host of the 2012 People’s Choice telecast.

Fans can vote for their favorites beginning today through Dec. 6 at the official People’s Choice Awards site and via Facebook, Twitter and mobile device. The Favorite New TV Drama and Favorite New TV Comedy races will remain open until the night of show, airing live Jan. 11 at 9/8c on CBS.

And the major TV nominees are…

Favorite Network TV Drama

Fringe
Supernatural
True Blood
The Vampire Diaries
The Walking Dead

Favorite Daytime TV Host
Al Roker, Anne Curry, Matt Lauer, Natalie Morales, Savannah Guthrie, The Today Show
Anderson Cooper, Anderson

Last Man Standing
Man Up!
New Girl
Suburgatory
Up All Night
Whitney

A full list of nominees can be found here.

1. Dee says:

OMG!!!

Supernatural is nominated!!!!!

Favorite NETWORK tv drama.

WOW!!!

• Dee says:

Actually was just noticing that they seperated the network and cable shows. That is great.

This way it doesn’t end up looking like the cable awards like the Emmy’s do.

• Linda says:

This is the best drama show on at the moment for sure!

• Wendy says:

SUPERNATURAL IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Vampire Diaries??Really?That’s such an immature teeny bopper show….

• Anonymous says:

Just curious, but do you actually watch The Vampire Diaries? I’m sure if you did, you wouldn’t call it an “immature teeny bopper show.” The Vampire Diaries, and The Secret Circle for that matter, while centered around teenagers, definitely sets up a mature setting that can very well suit adults who are interested in these type of genre shows.

2. Paris says:

why is blake lively on the list? she can not act at all. Leighton Meester should be there instead of Blake, Leighton basically carries the show.

3. Rich says:

I find the most difficult and excrutiating catergory is the Favorite TV Personality, *barf* On all those nominees except Tia and Tamera, but of coarse they won’t win. As long as it isn’t Kimmy.

4. Caro says:

I’m just gonna say I’m so glad Nina Dobrev was nominated, out of all the actress in the category she’s the one who deserves more credit for carrying the weight of not one but two amazing characters..I really hope she wins, she deserves that kind of acknowledgement for her work!

5. PaulH says:

Juliana Marguiles, you really should know, was probably the 5th nominee in Drama Series actress…until the write-in drive for Nina Dobrev kicked into high gear. She got squeezed out by Dobrev. Wow.

6. Ty says:

No Breaking Bad?

7. Juliana says:

Kinda sad Stana Katic didn’t make it, she so deserves, but really happy to see Nathan Fillion and Castle on the list!

8. Josh says:

The people need to start making better choices.

9. themeek says:

Naya Rivera for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series or gtfo!

10. Amanda says:

Yay for Anderson Cooper and Nathan Fillion.
    Boo for no Julianna M, and Jay Leno shouldn’t be there at all!

11. Master_K says:

Master K’s predictions (what I hope wins vs. what will probably win):

Favorite Network TV Drama
    What will probably win: The Good Wife
    What I hope wins: The Vampire Diaries (best show this season in my opinion… every episode feels like a season finale it’s epic)

Favorite TV Drama Actor
    Who I hope will win: Ian Somerhalder, The Vampire Diaries
    Who will probably win: Nathan Fillion, Castle

Favorite TV Drama Actress
    Who I hope will win: Blake Lively, Gossip Girl (I know lots of people will disagree with my choice here but considering what she does with the material she’s given, she’s really good in her role as Serena Van Der Woodsen despite her acting in ‘The Green Lantern’)
    Who will probably win: Emily Deschanel, Bones

I hope will win: Bones
    Will probably win: Castle
    Criminal Minds
    CSI
    NCIS

Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show
    I hope will win: SMALLVILLE (kidding I still miss it though :( )
    I hope will win (for real): The Vampire Diaries
    Will probably win: The Walking Dead

Favorite Daytime TV Host
    Hope will win: Ellen DeGeneres, The Ellen DeGeneres Show
    Will probably win: Kelly Ripa, Regis Philbin, Live With Regis & Kelly

Favorite Late Night TV Host
    Will probably win: Conan O’Brien, Conan (Team coco fans are crazy! I am a coco fan too but have another preference)
    I hope will win: Jay Leno, The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Favorite TV Guest Star
    Will probably win: Gwyneth Paltrow, Glee
    I hope will win: Katy Perry, How I Met Your Mother

Favorite TV Celeb Reality Star
    Will probably win: Kim Kardashian
    I hope will win: Tia and Tamera Mowry

Favorite New TV Drama
    Will probably win: Tough call: ‘Revenge’ most likely but ‘Once Upon A Time’ is really close behind!
    I hope will win: Ringer (despite it’s low ratings the show is pretty great if you dispense belief and Sarah Michelle Gellar is without a doubt the strongest actress to come from any of these show even if she happens to get crappy acting jobs)

Favorite New TV Comedy
    Will probably win: 2 Broke Girls
    Hope will win: 2 Broke Girls

Tell me what you think of my picks and let me see some predictions!

12. heather says:

i think for once the people got it right! and good for nina dobrev for getting so many write ins she got a nomination! someone said earlier the people need to make better choices- if some of the other amazing shows had half the devoted followers that actually took the time to vote then they would be up there as well. the devoted fans voted! as long as people vote their voice will be heard! i get so annoyed when people complain about the outcome of an election of any kind whether it be an award show or presidential and dont vote (not saying you voted or not thats so not my point just speaking in general!)

13. Jenny says:

I agree with all the actress and actors like Lea Michele, Jim Parsons and Ellen Pompeo, but why the hell isn’t Stana Katic on here?!?!

14. Sam says:

Where the hell is Community?

15. Ezza says:

So glad David Boreanaz got nominated. His performances on Bones over the past 2 seasons in particular have been outstanding. His portrayal of Booth is very emotional and layered, he deserves recognition alongside Emily Deschanel.

16. MissMel says:

I’m disappointed to see that Craig Ferguson didn’t get nominated for Late Night Host. He is by far the funniest of the bunch.

17. fernando says:

Revenge for Fav. New TV Drama

18. Steve says:

Do the people decide who the nominess are as well, how all the shows are narrowed down? If so, people need a reality check. No Breaking Bad or Parks & Rec love, but Jim Carrey for his 20-seconds spot on The Office (a show I enjoy by the way, but come on) and shows like Pretty Little Liars and White Collar get some love? Good Lord. Not to mention the continued Glee love-fest.

19. Renee says:

I am so happy to see Person Of Interest in Favorite New TV Drama. It isn’t trendy so I’m shocked to see it on the list.

20. Danielle says:

This year SHOULD be about Castle. It’s having an amazing season and I still can’t believe it’s been so lacking in the nominations department. While it makes absolutely no sense that Stana Katic isn’t on that list, at least we can vote for Nathan and the show. GO CASTLE GO.

21. Monkeyrat says:

No Stana Katic, no Naya Rivera, no Michael C. Hall and no Jen Carpenter. Some actors can’t act to save their lives yet they are nominated, but these ones are not? WTF is wrong with people?

22. Allison says:

NCIS fans,vote!Another year of going home empty-handed?
    Your choice counts,so make your vote known!

23. kevin says:

Can’t imagine why this year’s PCA extended the nominees for Favorite New TV Drama and Sitcom respectively. Looks like someone screwed things up “big time” when more than one new series gets cancel but CBS and the People’s Choice better be ashamed of themselves.

24. Lois says:

Ian S is a wonderful actor. He doesn’t even have say anything, his facial expressions says it all.

25. AmandaKM says:

Ian Somerhalder is the hottest man I have ever seen in my life and is definitely the leading man in many dreams of mine that I don’t want to wake from. TVD is an amazing show as well. All of the shows in the scifi category are amazing and I have a hard time favoring any of them!

• WendyBrinn says:

Jensen Ackles is the hottest, sexiest man that I’ve ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on and I would NOT through Jared Padalecki for dropping crumbs in the bed either…..

26. brandyn says:

Thank you for saying that. Thinking the same thing.

27. May says:

Great, Nathan, Castle and all my VD people made it! Sweet.
    I voted as crazy for them, non stop, with some of my friends. We voted for all TV drama actors because we loved all. Except for Alex O’ Loughlin. We were Moonlight fans and we don’t support him anymore. So good he didn’t make it.

28. Crystal says:

Why is Ian on there? No offense, but his acting is terrible espescially when compared to Paul’s

• mj says:

I totally agree with you. I guess this day people don’t look for good acting anymore. I’m very dissappointed Paul is not on there. All I can say is whatever….

29. melita says:

oh i hope emily gets it
    this is gonna be a great year for her with the reel and real life pregnancy
    go bones!!

30. Summer says:

No Paul Wesley? :(

31. Cali says:

FINALLY some love for The Vampire Diaries! That show has some of the best actors/actresses and the writing is phenomenal! I was hooked from the first episode.

32. Lance says:

How the hell was Game of Thrones left off of best sci-fi/fantasy show? Where is Mad Men and Breaking Bad? Bryan Cranston and Jon Hamm? Why are people so stupid?

33. Andee says:

im so glad that Nina Dobrev is nominated , actually she deserves that , she has been carring both Eleena n Katherine characters marvelously :) in The Vampire Diaries

34. WendyBrinn says:

Where is Jensen Ackles????? He’s a great actor with a biting sense of humor, not to mention he looks like a greek God.I get *shivers* by thinking of him and that sexy voice.Ian who????????SUPERNATURAL ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. JOshua Newberry says:

Grimm for favorite new tv drama, and im dissapointed craig ferguson is nominated for late night tv host he is deffinatley the best

36. Tash says:

Oh my God, I can’t BELIEVE Supernatural is up for Fav Network TV Drama! That’s awesome! Come on SPN fans, vote the boys in…this is what we’re famous for, after all :)

37. Anonymous says:

While I love watching “Revenge” and “Once Upon A Time,” my vote is definitely going for “The Secret Circle” for New Favorite TV Drama. It’s such a fantastic show, and is definitely one that people should give a look at.