'Cop-Crushes' Tourney Continues: Criminal Minds vs. NCIS, Plus Law & Order Face-Off!

We’ve reached Round 2, Day 6 of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, highlighted by a battle between hotties from two of CBS’ most popular procedurals, and a showdown between a couple of Law & Order detectives. As part of our single-elimination competition, only one from each bout will advance to our Round of 16.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney: Fringe, Covert Affairs, Alias and JAG Heroes Face Off

No matter your preference, it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (69)

• Chris Noth vs. Jesse Martin? How can I chooooose??

Comment by Rachael – November 6, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess I don’t get the appeal of Noth…

Comment by Natalie – November 6, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know that is the hardest choice so far!

Comment by Melissa – November 7, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In Shemar Moore vs Gibbs i tottally pick shemar no disrespect gibbs but shemar is my favorite actor or i support him in everything he does love him in real life even on television he should win

Comment by keionnie johnson marshall – November 8, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gibbs vs Morgan???!!! No fair!!!!! One of the hardest yet for me!!!

Comment by Katy – November 6, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That isn’t a very attractive picture of Jesse Martin. And as smokin’ hot as Morgan from Criminal Minds is, I have to stay loyal to Gibbs (AKA The Best Crime Fighter on Television). :)

Comment by Mikaylah – November 6, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree…Love Shemar Moore and definitely agree that he is smokin’ hot. But I only just started watching Criminal Minds over the summer and have been a loyal Gibbs / NCIS fan for years.

Comment by jules – November 7, 2011 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree not fair Gibbs vs Morgan!! This is hard. But i had to choose Morgan. But Gibbs is still hot!

Comment by Connie – November 6, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry, but that answer is incorrect. Silverfox tops all.

Comment by Alicia – November 6, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m calling Shananigans. I seriously doubted you ever put 2 NCIS or LA people up against each other & you haven’t so why do it to L&O fans?
    This whole thing is rigged.

Comment by dee – November 6, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second your shenanigans! Det Stabler & Det Goran have already faced off in the 1st round.

Comment by Deena – November 7, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Derek Morgan (Shemar Moore) for sure!! He should be People Magazines’ Sexiest Man Alive! I like Mark Harmon, but I DON’T like Gibbs!!

Comment by G-Mom – November 6, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Shemar, shemar. You’ll always be my first choice :)

Comment by Courtney – November 6, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Derek vs Gibbs?! Oh no… Need to think hard about this.

Comment by Sally – November 6, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t recall seeing Mark Valley. He was Eddie Keen on Keen Eddie.

He’s a lawyer now on Harry’s Law…but….he’s a looker, IMO.

Comment by MK204 – November 6, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No fair!! Gibbs & Morgan? The only one harder than this one will be Castle vs. Booth :’(

Comment by Cottage101 – November 6, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GIBBS!!!!

Comment by aoliver515 – November 6, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mark Harmon as Gibbs the very best only show worth watching

Comment by Diane – November 18, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Derek Morgan all the way!!!!!! I can only hope that Emily Prentiss will be on this for the women!

Comment by Erica – November 6, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not trying to be rude, but honestly: what is the point of all of these competition polls and threads? All they do is clutter up the site…

Comment by Andrew – November 6, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Personally I just think they’re kind of fun. :)

Comment by Kim R – November 6, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are an interactive experience for the readers. If I had to guess, you are a little put off that the question is which one (of a pair of men) is most crushable.

But as I wholly understand why people would be attracted to these characters (and/or the actors who portray them), I think it is a rather fun tournament.

Comment by Timothy McNeil – November 6, 2011 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they give people like me who stalk this site like a pro something more to read and fun to do :)

Comment by lipsticksocialism – November 7, 2011 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Plus – they attract more traffic to the website. More hits, more money from advertisers.

Comment by znachki – November 7, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was Benjamin Bratt’s “Det. Rey Curtis” ever in the running? And how can Green be losing to Logan??

Comment by Mia – November 6, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • right?! Seriously people – Chris Noth? ick.

Comment by Rachel – November 6, 2011 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shemar and Mark has been the hardest one for me so far. It was a little easier for Jesse & Chris, I watched L&O from the beginning and Chris was probably my first cop crush just cause he’s sooo NY. Love him!

Comment by BJohnson – November 6, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because people are voting for Chris Noth as Mr Big from SATC instead of his Law & Order character

Comment by Julio – November 6, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, I voted for him b/c of L&O…he’s past his prime on SATC. I LOVED L&O when he was on originally. Love Ed Green as well, but back in the day, Chris Noth was hot on L&O…more of a swagger than pure looks. Not so much on his later incarnations of the show.

Comment by Elizabeth – November 6, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought too when I saw he was winning. Especially since they don’t show too many of his original episodes (not CI) on TV anymore. But I hope more people are like Elizabeth who commented below. I LOVED Ed Green because he could be smiling & kidding around with Lenny Briscoe one minute & then have this raw emotion coming down on a suspect the next. Aside from the fact that he is gorgeous.

Comment by Deena – November 7, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it hard to believe that Chris Noth is winning against Jesse L. Martin. Have these people actually seen Ed Green in action on Law & Order? He’s a walking man full of sexy.

Comment by Brittany – November 6, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Logan was my first TV crush as a kid! People are remembering seeing season one Law and Order reruns where Logan was a swaggering young wisemouth detective with a hidden soft side. Him and Briscoe (lovable but not sexy) will always be the best L&O team.

Comment by Edie – November 6, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Obviously I’m happy to see Shemar Moore winning his poll, but srsly, there should be a much wider gap between Moore & Harmon. Shemar is so so so so so…I can’t even go there. He’s just beautiful.

Comment by Hannah – November 6, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mark Harmon is nice, but I definitely agree w/you Hannah. Shemar is simply beautiful, & his character Derek Morgan…..swoon swoon!

Comment by Shari – November 7, 2011 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon, Ed Green should be winning this handily! I admit that Morgan v. Gibbs is a tough choice, but Green v. Logan?! No brainer!

Comment by Rachel – November 6, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gah!!!!!! This whole thing is just one big cluster….

This for the first time I can say that it was a very hard choice all the way around.

Comment by Debbie – November 6, 2011 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Derek Morgan is definitely the hottest TV cop EVAR!! I also voted for Ed Green because he just brought to LO. But my fav is and always will be Derek Morgan.

Comment by dmsfakeGF – November 6, 2011 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Nathan Fillion on the 64-PLAYER BRACKET chart?

Comment by Mady – November 6, 2011 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Top left, number 4. made it to second round.

Comment by TJCrinc – November 6, 2011 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you freaking kidding me? Mark Harmon is actually edging out Shemar Moore??! WHAT?! If my man Ben Bass had to be taken out in the first round, the hottie who beat him should at least go to the finals of the current crushes bracket. This is just all kinds of wrong.

Comment by Kathryn – November 6, 2011 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Morgan is behind Gibbs by less than one percent!? How is this possible?!

Comment by Kate – November 7, 2011 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? Nothing against Mark Harmon, but Shemar Moore is easily *the* sexiest man on TV right now.

Comment by Aprilcot26 – November 7, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this appears to be the among the tighest polls. yay

Comment by lipsticksocialism – November 7, 2011 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was an easy choice. I’ve always enjoyed Mark Harmon, but NO ONE tops SHEMAR. Loves My sexy SSA Derek Morgan!

Comment by Shari – November 7, 2011 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really love the whole bracket tournament, but I was wondering 2 things, when do you update the bracket? because the link in this article is from November 1st. Second, when do the women come up? (a bit more specific then somewhere in November, please) loves and greetings from the Netherlands

Comment by Lilith – November 7, 2011 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The L&O vote was tough for me because I think they’re both on the money, but I voted for Logan because he came first.

Comment by TrulyRoxie – November 7, 2011 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gibbs all the way. He should win the entire contest.

Comment by stacey – November 7, 2011 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gibbs vs. Morgan? Sooooo not fair that one of these guys is going to get knocked out so early on in the brackets. In the end, I had to go with Morgan but I still love Gibbs! The other one was easy: Ed Green, played by the man I’ve loved since the 1990′s and my first viewing of “Rent” – Jesse L. Martin.

Comment by Ashley – November 7, 2011 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeing that picture of Jesse L Martin reminds me how much I miss him from my TV!

Comment by Pam – November 7, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Mark Harmon as a child, but as a woman…SHEMAR MOORE makes my pulse race! And SSA Derek Morgan is *the* best TV cop EVER!!!!

Comment by Nikki – November 7, 2011 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone explain to me how Jethro Gibbs is beating out Derek Morgan?! I’m sorry but no way is Gibbs more crushable!

Comment by Rain – November 7, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a vicious LIE!

Comment by Alicia – November 7, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, but Gibbs is a crankypants who spends most of his free time in his basement working on a stupid boat. He’s had how many wives? Proves my point!

Comment by Rain – November 7, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penelope Garcia got it right – Derek Morgan is smokin’ hot! Too cruel to choose between Logan and Green – they both left L&O too soon. If they brought back L&O (pleeeez!), that would be the duo to be first on the scene – but if gotta pick one it has to be Logan (he’s so much hotter than Mr. Big and definitely hotter than Peter Frolick)!!!

Comment by Linderella – November 7, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Morgan definitely he is just soooo sexy

Comment by kim – November 7, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Harmon all the way, of course, he’s my top crush.

Comment by Arlis – November 7, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE!?!? Are you all blind? Are you totally immune to the beauty of Shemar Moore?! THIS CONTEST IS RIGGED.

Comment by Hannah – November 7, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What’s rigged is that the only serious contenders (from current shows) left in the top branch are Booth and Castle, while the lower half has DiNozzo, Morgan(s), Gibbs and Hotch. Majorly imbalanced.

Comment by Alicia – November 7, 2011 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shemar Moore is one of the hottest men on the planet, let alone in this bracket.

Comment by FazeCraze – November 7, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mark Harmon Of course ! He’s damn hot ! Nothing is riggled ! It’s just the truth :)

Comment by Shadow – November 7, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Morgan is the hottest, how is that even a question… the people voting can see the pictures right??

Comment by Melissa – November 7, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw it. Morgan is hot. Just not as hot as Mark.

Comment by Arlis – November 7, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Derek Morgan is smokin’ hot! Gibbs is aging and showing it… Sorry.

Comment by Jen – November 7, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GIBBS <3

Comment by Megan – November 7, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awe man. I’m gonna have to go with Derek. Sorry Gibbs. But have you seen how sexy it is when He kicks down a door?

Comment by Makayla – November 7, 2011 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly don’t know if I can participate in this tourney any more. I’m so [shocked/hurt/confused] that Derek Morgan has been beaten by an old man. I just can’t even.

Comment by Hannah – November 10, 2011 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a huge huge huge huge HUGE NCIS fan and I love Gibbs, but, I’m 22 years old with an age limit, and Derek Morgan is so freaking hot! Although, I do love the fact that Mark Harmon beat Shemar Moore (even though that will never happen in my mind), it’s nice to see an older man prove that sexy is ageless.

Comment by KaeT – November 10, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post