'Cop-Crushes' Tourney Continues: Criminal Minds vs. NCIS, Plus Law & Order Face-Off!

We’ve reached Round 2, Day 6 of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, highlighted by a battle between hotties from two of CBS’ most popular procedurals, and a showdown between a couple of Law & Order detectives. As part of our single-elimination competition, only one from each bout will advance to our Round of 16.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney: Fringe, Covert Affairs, Alias and JAG Heroes Face Off

No matter your preference, it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Rachael says:

Chris Noth vs. Jesse Martin? How can I chooooose??

2. Katy says:

Gibbs vs Morgan???!!! No fair!!!!! One of the hardest yet for me!!!

3. Mikaylah says:

That isn’t a very attractive picture of Jesse Martin. And as smokin’ hot as Morgan from Criminal Minds is, I have to stay loyal to Gibbs (AKA The Best Crime Fighter on Television). :)

• jules says:

I agree…Love Shemar Moore and definitely agree that he is smokin’ hot. But I only just started watching Criminal Minds over the summer and have been a loyal Gibbs / NCIS fan for years.

4. Connie says:

I agree not fair Gibbs vs Morgan!! This is hard. But i had to choose Morgan. But Gibbs is still hot!

5. dee says:

I’m calling Shananigans. I seriously doubted you ever put 2 NCIS or LA people up against each other & you haven’t so why do it to L&O fans?
    This whole thing is rigged.

6. G-Mom says:

Derek Morgan (Shemar Moore) for sure!! He should be People Magazines’ Sexiest Man Alive! I like Mark Harmon, but I DON’T like Gibbs!!

7. Courtney says:

Oh Shemar, shemar. You’ll always be my first choice :)

8. Sally says:

Derek vs Gibbs?! Oh no… Need to think hard about this.

9. MK204 says:

I don’t recall seeing Mark Valley. He was Eddie Keen on Keen Eddie.

He’s a lawyer now on Harry’s Law…but….he’s a looker, IMO.

10. Cottage101 says:

No fair!! Gibbs & Morgan? The only one harder than this one will be Castle vs. Booth :’(

11. aoliver515 says:

GIBBS!!!!

12. Erica says:

Derek Morgan all the way!!!!!! I can only hope that Emily Prentiss will be on this for the women!

13. Andrew says:

I’m not trying to be rude, but honestly: what is the point of all of these competition polls and threads? All they do is clutter up the site…

• Kim R says:

Personally I just think they’re kind of fun. :)

• They are an interactive experience for the readers. If I had to guess, you are a little put off that the question is which one (of a pair of men) is most crushable.

But as I wholly understand why people would be attracted to these characters (and/or the actors who portray them), I think it is a rather fun tournament.

• lipsticksocialism says:

they give people like me who stalk this site like a pro something more to read and fun to do :)

• znachki says:

Plus – they attract more traffic to the website. More hits, more money from advertisers.

14. Mia says:

Was Benjamin Bratt’s “Det. Rey Curtis” ever in the running? And how can Green be losing to Logan??

15. BJohnson says:

Shemar and Mark has been the hardest one for me so far. It was a little easier for Jesse & Chris, I watched L&O from the beginning and Chris was probably my first cop crush just cause he’s sooo NY. Love him!

16. Julio says:

Because people are voting for Chris Noth as Mr Big from SATC instead of his Law & Order character

• Elizabeth says:

No, I voted for him b/c of L&O…he’s past his prime on SATC. I LOVED L&O when he was on originally. Love Ed Green as well, but back in the day, Chris Noth was hot on L&O…more of a swagger than pure looks. Not so much on his later incarnations of the show.

• Deena says:

That was my first thought too when I saw he was winning. Especially since they don’t show too many of his original episodes (not CI) on TV anymore. But I hope more people are like Elizabeth who commented below. I LOVED Ed Green because he could be smiling & kidding around with Lenny Briscoe one minute & then have this raw emotion coming down on a suspect the next. Aside from the fact that he is gorgeous.

17. Brittany says:

I find it hard to believe that Chris Noth is winning against Jesse L. Martin. Have these people actually seen Ed Green in action on Law & Order? He’s a walking man full of sexy.

18. Edie says:

Logan was my first TV crush as a kid! People are remembering seeing season one Law and Order reruns where Logan was a swaggering young wisemouth detective with a hidden soft side. Him and Briscoe (lovable but not sexy) will always be the best L&O team.

19. Hannah says:

Obviously I’m happy to see Shemar Moore winning his poll, but srsly, there should be a much wider gap between Moore & Harmon. Shemar is so so so so so…I can’t even go there. He’s just beautiful.

• Shari says:

Mark Harmon is nice, but I definitely agree w/you Hannah. Shemar is simply beautiful, & his character Derek Morgan…..swoon swoon!

20. Rachel says:

C’mon, Ed Green should be winning this handily! I admit that Morgan v. Gibbs is a tough choice, but Green v. Logan?! No brainer!

21. Debbie says:

Gah!!!!!! This whole thing is just one big cluster….

This for the first time I can say that it was a very hard choice all the way around.

22. dmsfakeGF says:

Derek Morgan is definitely the hottest TV cop EVAR!! I also voted for Ed Green because he just brought to LO. But my fav is and always will be Derek Morgan.

23. Mady says:

Where’s Nathan Fillion on the 64-PLAYER BRACKET chart?

24. Kathryn says:

Are you freaking kidding me? Mark Harmon is actually edging out Shemar Moore??! WHAT?! If my man Ben Bass had to be taken out in the first round, the hottie who beat him should at least go to the finals of the current crushes bracket. This is just all kinds of wrong.

25. Kate says:

Morgan is behind Gibbs by less than one percent!? How is this possible?!

26. lipsticksocialism says:

this appears to be the among the tighest polls. yay

27. Shari says:

This was an easy choice. I’ve always enjoyed Mark Harmon, but NO ONE tops SHEMAR. Loves My sexy SSA Derek Morgan!

28. Lilith says:

Really love the whole bracket tournament, but I was wondering 2 things, when do you update the bracket? because the link in this article is from November 1st. Second, when do the women come up? (a bit more specific then somewhere in November, please) loves and greetings from the Netherlands

29. TrulyRoxie says:

The L&O vote was tough for me because I think they’re both on the money, but I voted for Logan because he came first.

30. stacey says:

Gibbs all the way. He should win the entire contest.

31. Ashley says:

Gibbs vs. Morgan? Sooooo not fair that one of these guys is going to get knocked out so early on in the brackets. In the end, I had to go with Morgan but I still love Gibbs! The other one was easy: Ed Green, played by the man I’ve loved since the 1990′s and my first viewing of “Rent” – Jesse L. Martin.

32. Pam says:

Seeing that picture of Jesse L Martin reminds me how much I miss him from my TV!

33. Nikki says:

I loved Mark Harmon as a child, but as a woman…SHEMAR MOORE makes my pulse race! And SSA Derek Morgan is *the* best TV cop EVER!!!!

34. Rain says:

Can someone explain to me how Jethro Gibbs is beating out Derek Morgan?! I’m sorry but no way is Gibbs more crushable!

35. Linderella says:

Penelope Garcia got it right – Derek Morgan is smokin’ hot! Too cruel to choose between Logan and Green – they both left L&O too soon. If they brought back L&O (pleeeez!), that would be the duo to be first on the scene – but if gotta pick one it has to be Logan (he’s so much hotter than Mr. Big and definitely hotter than Peter Frolick)!!!

36. kim says:

Morgan definitely he is just soooo sexy

37. Arlis says:

Mark Harmon all the way, of course, he’s my top crush.

38. Hannah says:

OK WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE!?!? Are you all blind? Are you totally immune to the beauty of Shemar Moore?! THIS CONTEST IS RIGGED.

• Alicia says:

What’s rigged is that the only serious contenders (from current shows) left in the top branch are Booth and Castle, while the lower half has DiNozzo, Morgan(s), Gibbs and Hotch. Majorly imbalanced.

• FazeCraze says:

Shemar Moore is one of the hottest men on the planet, let alone in this bracket.

39. Shadow says:

Mark Harmon Of course ! He’s damn hot ! Nothing is riggled ! It’s just the truth :)

40. Melissa says:

Morgan is the hottest, how is that even a question… the people voting can see the pictures right??

41. Jen says:

Derek Morgan is smokin’ hot! Gibbs is aging and showing it… Sorry.

42. Megan says:

GIBBS <3

43. Makayla says:

Awe man. I’m gonna have to go with Derek. Sorry Gibbs. But have you seen how sexy it is when He kicks down a door?

44. Hannah says:

I honestly don’t know if I can participate in this tourney any more. I’m so [shocked/hurt/confused] that Derek Morgan has been beaten by an old man. I just can’t even.

45. KaeT says:

I am a huge huge huge huge HUGE NCIS fan and I love Gibbs, but, I’m 22 years old with an age limit, and Derek Morgan is so freaking hot! Although, I do love the fact that Mark Harmon beat Shemar Moore (even though that will never happen in my mind), it’s nice to see an older man prove that sexy is ageless.