The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Friday

On your TV this Friday: Nikita plots a prison break, Fringe is no longer Peter’d out, Grimm serves up an episode that is juuuuuust right, and more. Barring a World Series Game 8, here are 11 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Chuck (NBC) | As the team sets out to help a man (Lost‘s Jeff Fahey) find his abducted brother (Smallville‘s Justin Hartley), Chuck plays handler to an increasingly restless Morgan; the Buy More finds an Awesome spokesperson to drum up business; Carrie-Ann Moss (The Matrix) makes quite an entrance. (Watch preview video here.)

8 pm A Gifted Man (CBS) | While at the clinic, Michael runs into a former football star (Stomp the Yard‘s Allan Louis) that he performed surgery on years ago, and is now a homeless shell of his former self. Paula Devicq (Party of Five) guest stars as a colleague of Michael’s.

8 pm Nikita (The CW) | Nikita and Michael scramble to break Ryan out of prison before Oversight gets to him; Alex comes face to face with someone from her past.

8:30 pm ThunderCats (Cartoon Network) | The Cats track the location of the first stone to the mystical Elephant Village, but Lion-O can’t find the specific location and the forgetful Elephants no longer remember where it is. (Um, maybe because they’re forgetful?)

Fringe Cast Previews Peter’s Return: ‘It’s Certainly Not the Reunion He Wished For’

9 pm Fringe (Fox) | Peter is back, though it’s not exactly “happy to see me” seeing as to this timeline’s Walter, Olivia et al, he’s just some stranger who knows wayyy too much top-secret stuff. But hey, maybe he can give a major assist in solving this big, new extra-confounding shapeshifter mystery! P.S. Keep a close eye on Olivia’s final scene….

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | Sam and Dean investigate the gruesome murders of mediums in Lily Dale, the most “psychic” town in America. This episode is titled “The Mentalists,” heh.

9 pm CSI: NY (CBS) | The CSIs investigate when a fraternity’s (belated, thanks World Series!) Halloween prank goes awry and a pledge master is left for dead in an open grave. Damn, that trumps the battery acid hazing stunt that got pulled at my university.

9 pm Grimm (NBC) | In the episode “Bears Will Be Bears,” a case of breaking and entering — by a blonde girl named Gilda, hmmmm — introduces Nick and Hank to a mysterious family.

Versus World Series Game 7, Grimm Scares Up Strong Premiere Ratings

10 pm Blue Bloods (CBS) | Frank deals with a political crisis after Jamie and Renzulli respond to a religious center’s 911 call and are in turn injured by the church’s security team.

10 pm Boss (Starz) | As Zajac’s (Jeff Hephner) gubernatorial campaign starts to gain momentum, Kane must adjust to his medical reality.

10 pm Real Time With Bill Maher (HBO) | This week’s roundtable guests include former New York Gov. David Paterson, while comedian Bill Engvall is one of the interview guests.

What will you be watching live-ish this Friday? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer additional tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Scorpio says:

So happy Fringe is back!! I’ll DVR Grimm.

2. Snapy says:

I’ll watch Supernatural live and Grimm live (it’s on at 8 in Canada), and DVR Fringe.

• Snapy says:

P.S. I’m giving Grimm a second chance even though I found the pilot dull and boring. With new series, usually later episodes outshine the pilot.

• Templar says:

I call foul on Grimm. Goldilocks is NOT a tale by the Brothers Grimm and they should confine their scripts to fit their name. If the show is called Grimm, then leave the rest of the folklore to Once Upon a Time.

• AT says:

The Grimm brothers didn’t create the fairy tales, they just re-told a few. There’s no reason the writers shouldn’t be open to different stories and mythology. Also Once Upon a Time as of now seems more set on the Disney versions of the fairy tales. Grimm seems like it has the opportunity to go darker. I say there’s no reason to suppress creativity. And there’s way more fairy tales than what the Grimm Brothers collected. I would love to see some of them.

• Julie says:

I’m right there with you Snapy (on both your comments: I can watch Grimm before Supernatural hehe Go CTV!) and I am also giving this show a second chance. I thought the pilot was just uninteresting though the ending did bring me to ask myself some questions. So we’ll see.

• Katie says:

I don’t think I can sit through another episode to give Grimm a second chance. I barely made it through the first one. It was dull, boring, and uninteresting, just as Julie and Snapy said. I love the genre, but Grimm is just a dull, flat copy of other shows of the same genre, like Supernatural and the X-Files.

• ChrisGa says:

I wanted to like Grimm because I think the premise is pretty interesting. Unfortunately, the show’s saddled with a charisma-free lead whose obvious physical attributes can’t begin to compensate for the fact that he’s just too boring to hold my interest for any length of time.

• Lucy says:

Grimm sucked. NBC made two stupid mistakes: 1) making a sucky knockoff of Supernatural and 2) putting it on against Supernatural and Fringe. Now that Supernatural and Fringe fans have checked it out (especially Fringe fans, as it wasn’t on last week) they’re going to go back to Supernatural and Fringe.

3. mm says:

FYI Noah is the actor. Nikita and Michael will break Ryan the character.

4. tlbrownlie says:

Where’s the sactuary love? Tesla’s back. No need to describe it any more than that.

5. Bella says:

I’m watching Fringe and Supernatural and catching Grimm on On Demand.

6. King says:

CSI: NY and Grimm!

7. Erik says:

I’ll watch Nikita because the eternally-sexy Alberta Watson is the head of Oversight. Yum.

8. kevin says:

Watching CHUCK ’cause they need a ratings boost despite last Friday’s World Series fiasco but I’ll watching FRINGE on DEMAND even though Fox may have a plan on the fate of this JJ Abrams – produced sci-fi series.

• Andrew says:

How does Chuck need a ratings boost? Seeing as it’s done after this year, it doesn’t really matter what numbers it puts up…unless 5 people were watching it every week.

9. Dee says:

I will be watching CHUCK. Have watched it since the very first day and have the DVD’s so that I’ll always have it. Wish A Gifted Man wasn’t on at the same time but I catch it ON DEMAND.

10. Just DVRing Young Justice on Cartoon Network. I hate that it’s on so early!

11. Jasmine says:

Grimm was awful,but I’m loving Boss.

12. Brandy says:

13. opus says:

Will definitely watch CHUCK, FRINGE, and SyFy’s SANCTUARY live. DVRing Gifted Man and Grimm. Still find it a little unreal that, for a while. my two favorite shows, FRINGE and CHUCK are together on Friday nights.

14. Justin says:

I’ll be watching Nikita, Fringe, Sanctuary, Chuck, Grimm, CSI: NY, and Blue Bloods. Whew! Friday nights have officially become my second busiest night (behind Thursday)!

15. Samantha says:

I’m not really sure what to make of Grimm. I wasn’t really interested at first but gave the pilot a shot anyway. It wasn’t horrible and it kept my interest to an extent. I’ll give it another shot tonight!

16. Leah says:

Yes! I’m looking forward to sanctuary too!

17. Kaitlyn says:

Fringe and Boss (:

18. Dre says:

Yes, 4 outta your top 5 are on my list (thank the GODS baseball is finally done. YAY FRINGE!!!) BUT … why do you never list SANCTUARY?! One of the best shows out there!!

19. Mickey says:

SUPERNATURAL for the main course, with an appetizer of CHUCK.

(You can keep your Grimm. It left a bad taste in my mouth.)

20. scifisiren says:

You guys, Tesla is returning to Sanctuary tonight! SO EXCITED! Electrified! (Too far?)

21. Luu says:

I’ll watch Chuck, because I think that they need great ratings, it’s the last season, and because it is my favourite show! I just love Morgan. And I’ll DVR Fringe. I’m sooooo happy that Peter is back!

22. Carrie says:

Wow, so many good things to watch tonight. I’ll watch “Nikita” & “Supernatural” live. I always watch “Fringe” later and I’m going to want to see “Chuck” just for Justin Hartley’s appearance. I love me some Green Arrow!

23. df2506 says:

I got to see Grimm twice (one time early via twitter and once live) and I really liked it (not sure why people here didn’t). It reminds me of Supernatural a little. Dark show, with some good mythology elements are already set up (and a cool, suprising twist at the end of the first episode). Def. looking forward to seeing the second episode. Just wish it wasn’t on at the same time as Fringe & Supernatural. Well, at least I’ll be able to catch it On Demand! Though, I think Once Upon Time has a better shot at lasting because of its better timeslot.

And can’t wait to FINALLY see Fringe tonight. Ugh. Seems like forever since that last episode. The only thing I remember about the last one now is that Peter returned. lol. Looking forward to the episode a lot!

24. Crittle says:

The first half of the Grimm pilot was kind of slow, but I overall I like it. The season preview they showed last week looks promising.

And WTF Thundcats? Elephant NEVER forget.

25. Dessy says:

Fringe! Fringe Fringe Fringe!! say it with me F-R-I-N-G-E!!! Finally!

26. MAS says:

I enjoyed Grimm, but not enough for it to replace Fringe or Supernatural. What were they thinking putting it against those two shows?

Friday is the most jam packed day of the week for me. [Chuck, Nikkita, Fringe, Supernatural (substitute CSI:NY or Grimm if needed), Blue Bloods.] How did that happen?

27. S'OK Peter, we remember you says:

Fringe is back baby! Not into Grimm, it seems like a poor man’s Supernatural. Speaking of, I’m all about the CW’s new arrangement with Hulu- their online viewer sucks,

28. Mira says:

Grimm is SUPERNATURAL for dummies.

29. Marie says:

Chuck without the intersect SUCKS DUCK FEET!