New Girl Exclusive: Meet Winston's [Spoiler]!

New Girl is about to get an “other woman.”

Big-screen hottie Kali Hawk is joining the breakout comedy for a multi-episode arc as Winston’s old flame, Shelby.

Per a Girl insider, we’ll flash back to the couple’s days in college, when she had it bad for him. Then we’ll flash forward to the present, in which she’s pulling triple duty to pay for grad school and caught off guard by his reappearance in her life.

If you recognize Hawk, it’s probably from Bridemaids. But she was also in Get Him to the Greek and Couples Retreat.

Comments (12)

• She was in Bridesmaids? :O

Comment by Jeremy – November 4, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Show me your love is eternal face.”

Comment by Tricia – November 4, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you!! I was racking my brain to figure this out!

Comment by Jessica – November 4, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s Kahlua from the jewellery store.

Comment by Kay – November 4, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best things about flashback sequences are the hair styles.

Comment by Roscoe – November 4, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s the annoying person on that show :/ ugh.

Comment by Michael – November 4, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for this, as it gives Winston a storyline where his character can grow (I like him more and more each week) and Jess the chance to have some more girlfriends in her life. Don’t get me wrong, I love her friendship with the guys but the girl need more in terms of female friendship than Cece popping up for a scene or two in some episodes.

Comment by Ashley – November 4, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This guy is awful, just a dreadful piece of casting. Let Damon be on both shows or write this guy off quietly and bring someone else in.

Comment by luke – November 4, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooo, that’ll be interesting. I kind of like Winston, but I wish they had given Coach a little more room to grow. Winston is more normal, though. Definitely a good friend for Nick, and a good foil to Schmidt

Comment by Rachel – November 4, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not a fan of Winston and don’t know whether it’s the actor or the writing but he’s just horrible. Adding a love interest isn’t going to make him more appealing.

Comment by lacey – November 4, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She was on the first season of The Wire, right?

Comment by Sam – November 5, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Winston! I don’t get what’s so bad about him. He’s good with kids, he’s a nice guy when he’s not messing with Schmidt… I don’t understand. I think adding a love interest could be interesting.
    Now that I think about it there’s not really a character on this show that I DON’T like [though I love Nick, he's my favorite <3], even if Schmidt gets kind of obnoxious sometimes. I wish they'd bring back the douchebag jar from the pilot episode though. :]

Comment by Steph – December 13, 2011 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post