Exclusive

New Girl Exclusive: Meet Winston's [Spoiler]!

New Girl is about to get an “other woman.”

Big-screen hottie Kali Hawk is joining the breakout comedy for a multi-episode arc as Winston’s old flame, Shelby.

Per a Girl insider, we’ll flash back to the couple’s days in college, when she had it bad for him. Then we’ll flash forward to the present, in which she’s pulling triple duty to pay for grad school and caught off guard by his reappearance in her life.

If you recognize Hawk, it’s probably from Bridemaids. But she was also in Get Him to the Greek and Couples Retreat.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Jeremy says:

She was in Bridesmaids? :O

2. Roscoe says:

Best things about flashback sequences are the hair styles.

3. Michael says:

He’s the annoying person on that show :/ ugh.

4. Ashley says:

I’m all for this, as it gives Winston a storyline where his character can grow (I like him more and more each week) and Jess the chance to have some more girlfriends in her life. Don’t get me wrong, I love her friendship with the guys but the girl need more in terms of female friendship than Cece popping up for a scene or two in some episodes.

5. luke says:

This guy is awful, just a dreadful piece of casting. Let Damon be on both shows or write this guy off quietly and bring someone else in.

6. Rachel says:

Ooo, that’ll be interesting. I kind of like Winston, but I wish they had given Coach a little more room to grow. Winston is more normal, though. Definitely a good friend for Nick, and a good foil to Schmidt

7. lacey says:

I’m not a fan of Winston and don’t know whether it’s the actor or the writing but he’s just horrible. Adding a love interest isn’t going to make him more appealing.

8. Sam says:

She was on the first season of The Wire, right?

9. Steph says:

I love Winston! I don’t get what’s so bad about him. He’s good with kids, he’s a nice guy when he’s not messing with Schmidt… I don’t understand. I think adding a love interest could be interesting.
    Now that I think about it there’s not really a character on this show that I DON’T like [though I love Nick, he's my favorite <3], even if Schmidt gets kind of obnoxious sometimes. I wish they'd bring back the douchebag jar from the pilot episode though. :]