Exclusive

Gossip Girl Wedding Exclusive: Who's Invited to Blair's Big Day — and Who's NOT!

Now that the secret’s out about Blair’s royal wedding to Prince Louis taking place during Gossip Girl‘s 100th episode on Jan. 30, it’s time to turn our attention to what is arguably the most important element of the big event: The coveted guest list! Executive producer Josh Safran gave TVLine the scoop on some of the familiar faces that will — and more intriguingly won’t — be making the trek to Manhattan for the nups.

IN | Georgina. TVLine already reported that the wicked witch of the Upper East Side will be back for the wedding of the year, but we can’t imagine Blair actually inviting her. Maybe she disguises herself as an altar girl? Or maybe she cashes in on Charlie’s secret to get an inside pass?

OUT | Jenny. Taylor Momsen’s troubled alter ego is in London playing designing woman, and Safran confirms that she won’t be crossing the pond for the festivities. Blair would probably prefer to keep an ocean between herself and her rogue minion anyway.

IN | Georgina’s hubby, Philip. Scheming Georgina’s other half (played by Nick Cornish) will be back, so perhaps we’ll finally learn how he was able to rein in the feisty brunette and reduce her to marital boredom.

OUT | Vanessa. Last seen stealing Dan’s book, which included a, um, revealing chapter about Blair, it’s no surprise Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) will not be heading back. “Not that Blair would ever allow Vanessa at the wedding,” adds Safran with a laugh.

IN | Blair’s father, Harold (John Shea). He’ll make the trip from France to see his little girl get hitched. However, his partner, Roman, will not be accompanying him. But Safran assures us that “their relationship is in tact.”

OUT | Eric. Serena’s kid brother is away at school. But more importantly, his portrayer, Connor Paolo, is otherwise engaged on ABC’s Revenge.

Thoughts? Are there any other GG alums you’d like to see get to the church on time early next year? Start a list in the comments!

1. K says:

What about Nate’s cousin Tripp Vanderbilt? And Lord Marcus and the Duchess Beaton from Season 2? Or Scott a.k.a. Rufus and Lily’s long-lost love child? Or CARTER BAIZEN?!

• Emm says:

Good points! I was wondering about Carter too!! Trip however was an embarrassment, especially to Serena…not to mention, didn’t he almost kill S in a car accident? Even rich kids wouldn’t dismiss that so easily.

2. Elizabeth says:

It is a disappointment that the episode hundred is dedicated to Blair’s wedding

• Matt says:

Yeah, it really is. I wish it was something more “them” than just “her”. They turned Blair into such an annoying weak character on season 3, it pains me a little to admit this is just the Blair Waldorf show.

3. Sandra says:

Harold!!!!!!!!

4. Nicole says:

is boring that the bigger explosion of the episode hundred is Blair’s wedding. Why always Blair is the center of attention?

5. Beth says:

When they said that the episode 100 of Gossip Girl is going to be explosive I thought that it would be for something more funny than Blair’s wedding
    Only it imports Blair and his fairy tale. The only thing that they do is to put Blair as a poor girl and is not a poor girl
    Blair always has a happy ending and always it can have everything what wants
    Lately they have got obsessed in spite of putting Blair as a woman living a fairy tale and choosing with that man wants to be
    The principal topic always is Blair and his happiness and the episode and hundred episode the principal topic is going to be Blair and his wedding. Is boring!

6. KM says:

Knowing Harold is coming back (he’s been MIA since his fight with Blair in Season 2) is the first positive thing I’ve heard about this episode. Yay! Sad about Roman though.

Still can’t believe the producer thinks this season is “fun” though. Other than Chuck’s growth and Dan’s book it’s been so tedious. I don’t watch GG to live out my “pretty, pretty princess” dreams, like Safran seems to think.

• Oxanna says:

Je suis trés decu que blair se marie avec louiq , j’aurai voulu un rebondissement dans le style elle va voir chuck et il lui dis qu’il aime toujours .. La base degossip girl c’est blair et chuck et là on commence vraiment a se dire que c’est bel est bien terminer .. C’est dommage c’etait le couple parfait ! B&C ! <3

7. Agatha says:

Was thinking that the episode hundred was going to be dedicated to something more interesting than Blair’s wedding
    The only character who matters for them is Blair!

8. Eric says:

I hope Dan will take her there and they will run away together! Or the virgin mother will show mercy to those on earth still suffering (aka Blair), haha! Go Dair!

• chestal says:

lol! XD I hope Dan doesn’t go there, then Blair doesn’t see him and asks her why? left all in the church and run to Brooklyn looking for Dan xDDDD
      yes, I’m crazy xD

• Violet says:

Agreed! Blair and Dan can run off together, like should have happened in the S5 premiere. ;)

• Paul Seguin says:

Gossip Girl has dumped so many major characters, Talyor, Connor whos moved on to a more permanent role in Revenge, and Vanessa, its scarecly the same show and ITS BORING! THIS PRINCE IS BORING, HIS FAMILY IS BORING,THE WHOLE SHOW HAS CHANGED SO MUCH AND LOST ALL ITS BEST SUPPORTING CHARECTERS

9. Tammy says:

Oh dear. The wedding is the most boring story they have going and I am saying that in a year when every second scene includes the boredom that is Dan. Glad about Harold but basically hating everything else.

10. Leonor says:

The principal topic of last episode of Gossip Girl has been Blair!
    and the principal topic of the episode hundred is going to be Blair and his wedding! Vey bored!
    Gossip Girl is not alone Blair! But you only care about the happiness of Blair and his fairy tale!

11. Tracy says:

i always imagined that if blair ever got married, it would be to chuck :'( but louis is great… why did the wedding have to be on the 100th episode?? it should be something really dramatic or heartwarming. i hope there are some surprises :)

12. Kayla says:

And the episode hundred of Gossip Girl has to belong dedicated to Blair! Very boring
    I do not understand this obsession that they have of putting Blair always as the protagonist and the victim of the history!
    In Gossip Girl apart from Blair there are other characters very interesting.
    Why the whole history has to be on Blair and his happiness?

13. Rachel says:

Blair and his silly royal wedding is boring and not very credible

14. Ingmar says:

To me, it is a good thing most things are about Blair. She is one of the few characters that are still somewhat interesting to watch on Gossip Girl. Serena is just annoying, Nate does nothing else than sexually seduce older woman or chase after Serena, and Chuck just dreams about Blair and his whole life is about her. It’s funny that their parents actually have more interesting stories than the kids themself. Only Dan & Blair are some what interesting and for me it was a waste to see Vanessa leave. I actually liked her. And I liked eric. I really wished he would be in the 100th episode but Connor is doing quite well on ABC so I am glad for him and for Revenge <3

• dee123 says:

Your a bit confused. Revenge is doing well in spite of Connor’s horrible acting & accent that changes EVERY week.

• Becky says:

I liked Connor as Eric, one of the few compassionate characters on the series. And I really like him in Revenge.

• Meli says:

Eric in Revenge is acting all grown up, however, I think he’s also channeling Little J in is aspirations to have money and be part of the “in” crowd

15. Anna says:

What less matters for me is Blair’s silly wedding
    I hate to Blair and his wedding and everything what has relation with Blair

16. LOL says:

Suddenly, everyone hates Blair. LOL

• el says:

Convenient, right? Chuck walks away from the awful things he did as a hero, but Blair is hated for…being engaged to Louis? lol

17. wrong says:

We already know this. Any GG fan could have guessed this and we would have been right. Hopefully she’ll just run off with…….CHUCK! Chair is endgame.

18. romanticme says:

you know what should happen? they should have built it up and then reveal who gossip girl is on the 100th episode!! not the stupid wedding since no one wants blair and louis to be together, why did they change blair so much? shes supposed to be the most kind person but really fiesty and i miss her scheming days :( i loved the way she was with chuck :’)

19. Justin says:

Blair is the most interesting character on this show. She held it together in the early seasons when everyone was complaining about Serena’s storylines being boring. I’m cool with the wedding being episode 100… I’m sure it’ll be interesting. “Fans” need to stop complaining and let the show run it’s course. It’s been fantastic this season in my opinion.

• myrel says:

I absolutely agree with you! Blair made GG a lot more interesting than any other character on the show…Leighton has been consistent with her acting skills…I just love her!and with Ed, they’re perfect together!Blair’s wedding would be great as what writers promised…Let’s just wait and see…CHAIR for life!!GG all the way! I hope after season 6, a movie will follow…

• Anonymous says:

Blair is completely annoying this season. She’s been nothing but a hypocritical, cheating, self-righteous skank and Louis is just a bland, 2-faced moron who should’ve left the show a couple episodes ago.

20. Emily says:

So glad that Harold is goin to make it to the wedding, but I don’t care about the wedding in general. Can we just get to Chuck and Blair getting back together, please?

21. MSC says:

This show is terrible right now. Who cares about this wedding at all. Maybe give us Blair and Chuck and it might be somewhat interesting.

22. Elena says:

To see Blair marrying Louis it is going to be the enormous expression of the episode hundred
    The writers of Gossip Girl are a few liars
    There is nothing to expect for from the episode hundred

23. Alice says:

It was hoping that the episode hundred had a topic more interesting that to see Blair marrying this silly Prince

24. Grace says:

Always Blair has to be Gossip Girl’s principal topic. Is very boring

25. Bella says:

It is sad that Blair’s wedding is with Louis and not with Chuck
    I am very disappointed of the episode hundred of Gossip Girl

26. luisa says:

People, maybe the 100th episode is dedicated to blair’s wedding because she is the best character, and most fans love her story with louis, chuck, dan, etc. The GG writers are doing an amazing job this season, just like they did with all the past seasons. So stop complaining about everything, and if u don’t wanna see it, don’t do it and that’s it! Gossip girl is the best show ever and it will always be.

27. Marion says:

Gossip Girl should be called Blair’s show for which to the writers of Gossip Girl the only thing that matters for them is Blair

28. Leah says:

I am not interested in seeing the wedding of the perfect woman with Louis

29. Summer says:

I know they’re not close, but I hope there’s some sort of comment about Aaron Rose – Cyrus’ son and Blair’s stepbrother – not being able to attend.

30. harumscarum says:

harold is coming back?? HURRAH!! i was beginning to think they were trying to completely replace him with cyrus. whom i also adore, but still =P

maybe he’ll tell blair that she doesn’t need to marry a prince to be a “powerful woman”, since no one else seems to be able to tell her that.

LOOKING FORWARD TO ADORABLE BLAIR/HAROLD MOMENTS! <3

31. Eva says:

Blair always can have everything what wants. And now it is going to have a royal wedding. It is boring

32. Zoe says:

I wonder if Chuck is going to be invited to Blair’s wedding

33. Katrina says:

I like many Gossip Girl but I cannot stand the excessive protagonism that they give to Blair
    The principal topic of the last ones five episode of Gossip Girl’s fourth season was Blair
    And the principal topic of Gossip Girl’s fifth season is Blair and his fairy tale
    And the principal topic of the episode hundred is going to be Blair and his royal wedding
    I am bored of Blair

• Ella says:

I am sick of you spamming. You don’t speak English well enough to hide it, and honestly if you’re so bored with Blair that you have to keep changing your name to spead your hate, how about you just don’t watch? I’m pretty sure Gossip Girl can go on without you for a viewer.

• NatB says:

I find it very racist of you to believe that there is only 1 foreign reader commenting on TVLine’s Gossip Girl articles. Gossip Girl is popular ALL over the world, including in many non English speaking countries. If you believe that only English speaking countries who agree with your POV should be allowed to watch GG then maybe you should take that up with the shows producers.

• jordana says:

hi! i’m from argentina and i love gossip girl, and yes, i think that it’s nice of you to defend us, we the “non english speaking viewers” as you called us.
          i love GG and it’s great to see how blair is growing and hell i even like the fact that all the male caracters loved her in one point or another in the story. and i like this season, and to be honest i’m as anoyed as ELLA with this girl or guy who keeps posting the same comments…
          so, please beth, leonor, katrina and all the other #names you used, STOP IT! WE GET IT YOU HATE BLAIR AND HER PRINCE, WE ALL DO, BUT ALSO WE LOOOOVE HER…
          but ypu HAVE TO admit that is because of her horrible personality, and scheming, and all her wanna-be-better-than-you self esteem issues, GG the show that it is today… so.. shut up and let everybody else write what they are thinking…. thanks…
          and btw sorry my englinsh may be a little rough, it’s been a while.

34. heather says:

Blair’s wedding is not an interesting topic for an episode that one supposes that it is going to be an explosive
    And his list of guests is boring

35. Vanessa says:

Maybe Blair might do the same thing that it made 2 Mary Jane in the end of the movie Spider man and not to marry Louis

36. Jane says:

It is not entertained that the principal topic of the episode hundred of Gossip Girl is Blair’s wedding
    I sit a sorrow for Chuck and do not deal because the writers destroyed the relation of Chuck and Blair and they do that Blair is going to marry another man
    There is very disappointing everything what happens in Gossip Girl’s fifth season

• Likey says:

OK, almost every single post here is from one person using Google Translate…wtf stop it

• NatB says:

I hate to tell you but Ausiello is well known for his GG articles, and people from all over the world come here to find out the latest news.
        I use Google translate when trying to express myself to others who do not speak English, and find it a valuable tool. Why shouldn’t foreign readers be allowed to do the same. I didn’t know you think only English speaking readers should have exclusive rights to the comments section.

• NatB says:

And btw we could all assume that you are multiposting as z, lol, el etc…, as you are spewing the EXACT SAME POSTS AS WELL! I put my own name to my comments as I have no problem with being identified as the author. If you made silly claims like that, be prepared to have the same type of useless accusations turned in your direction.

37. kellybelly says:

Is this the last season of GG? I hope so. I still DVR it, but it’s sooo dumb. Blair and Chuck are fun to watch. I was hoping she’d end up with him. But who knows. The creators are probably planning a big run away scene with Chuck. Which is also dumb.

38. Sasha says:

What about Blair’s friends from Constance (Kati, Isabel, Hazel, Penelope, Nelly), from NYU (Amalia, Sophie) and from Columbia (Zoe, Jessica)? Wouldn’t they be invited too?

39. Con says:

I agree with Sasha. We should have all the minions back including Nelly and Hazel. We didnt see them since season 2!

40. drie says:

I’m a huge fan of GossipGirl and Blair is my fav character but I am bored with this fairy tale wedding business…but o have faith that the writers will bring the drama to the wedding…all the main characters at a major event can’t go as planned unexpected events are bound to arise…btw…I am bummed Eric won’t be back ):

41. Emm says:

That’s DUMB Eric would be able to get out of school for a WEDDING! I’m not surprised Vanessa isn’t included, she shouldn’t be! I’m not even sure Dan should be invited, unless Blair still thinks of them as friends, which at this point I can’t remember if she does or not this show has the characters flip-flop so much!

I HOPE this guest list for the wedding follows SOME LOGIC, especially since these people have money and the wedding would have a big guest list!
    The writers need to do some research on wedding protocol and etiquette and not just make things up.

42. Katie says:

THE PRINCIPLE TOPIC, YOU GUYS, IT’S THE PRINCIPLE TOPIC.

hahahha seriously wtf stop you creep

43. Joy says:

Blair would never invite Vanessa or Little J to her wedding! With Blair marrying boring Louis, finally Chuck and Dan can hook up with a one night stand to comfort each other in their lonely hearts Blair club! Now this would be more OMFG than Blair running away with her BFF Dan.

44. Violet says:

Needs more Dair! Everything needs more Dair.

45. Carla says:

OK people, Gossip Girl has not always been “all about Blair”. It used to be all about Serena, and how she returned to the UES, kinda killed a guy, wanted to expose Gossip Girl, had a thing with a married politician, almost died in a car accident, accidentally put a guy in prison, and was almost killed by said guy’s psycho sister. In short, the focus in the past has often been on Serena and all the other characters’ quests to save her. I am actually very excited that Blair gets the spotlight this season, and I for one can’t wait for the wedding. Yay!

46. debie24 says:

carla,I so agree with most of what you said ,but I dont want blair to marry that louis dude she needs to be with chuck!

47. Natalie says:

So basically…every actor/tress who has publicly stated that they will never return to GG again is (surprise!) not returning.

48. Mieka31 says:

Loved the show until the departures of Jenny, Vanessa, and Eric. Change the integral characters in a show and it loses it’s spark. That has happened to this show. Please do the right thing and cancel GG before it completely jumps the shark.

49. G says:

Chuck should be there…as the Groom!!! JS

50. E says:

Though I like Jenny and Vanessa, it makes sense that they wouldn’t be invited. I can’t believe Paolo couldn’t film a few scenes. Eric should definitely be there, especially since Blair had his back when he was about to be outed before he was completely ready.
    Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say bring back Nelly Yuki.