Breaking In Scoop: Megan Mullally Is [Spoiler]!

Breaking In is shaking things up ahead of its second season.

Emmy winner Megan Mullally is joining the cast of Fox’s back-from-the-dead comedy as the new boss at Contra Security, TVLine has learned.

What does this mean for Christian Slater’s Oz? We can only assume that he’ll be taking orders from Mullally’s new boss lady. Or perhaps she was a “silent partner”/holder of the purse strings who is now about to become a bit louder. Either way, she’s here to stay: Mullally will be a series regular.

Breaking In, after debuting last spring, originally didn’t make the cut when  Fox unveiled its game plan for the 2011-12 TV season. But five months later, the network — which had retained all of the talent involved — reversed its decision and invited the comedy back for a midseason berth.

All of the cast is expected back, including Odette Annable, who during Breaking In‘s brief date with the Reaper booked a series regular role on Fox’s House.

Mullally already this TV season has guested on Parks and Recreation and Happy Endings.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Nina says:

Good for Megan. Can’t wait to watch her.

2. Richard says:

I’ll only watch this show whenever they bring on Ron F**KING Swanson aka Nick Offerman as a guest. Make it happen.

3. Pete Venkman says:

Awesome! Megan’s always been a favorite of mine, and I LOVED ‘Breaking In’, SO glad it’s back. Can’t wait!

4. Tucker says:

Yay, Breaking In news! So surreal to see.
    A boss for Oz? Can’t say I care for that development. I don’t know that tinkering with the cast as they were developing their groove is the best way to go.

5. scooterbeanbag says:

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Canceled! (I totally forgot this horrifically unfunny show was picked back up.)

6. Deena says:

Why are they doing this? I have nothing against Megan but the show was great and the chemistry of the cast was coming together at the end of the shortened season including the way Christian Slater played Oz. Give shows a chance to gain a audience before you go tweaking them. Obviously enough people liked it for FOX to bring it back. This just annoys me. I’m hoping it will good but I just don’t understand why they feel they had to change anything.

• Michael says:

I agree, and according to Deadline, they’re going to be shifting away from the security missions every week to make it more of an Office comedy…which pretty much negates the whole point of the show. I don’t know why they feel they have to change things if a show isn’t a bang smash hit out of the gate. They did the same to Human Target in Season 2. I’m happy the show got a second season at all, but i don’t agree with essentially changing the premise of the show. And I though it was established that Oz was the owner of Contra?

• Deena says:

Well that really stinks. The missions were hilarious. My eyes were watering from laughing during the episode where the had to protect the Goonies sequel & they were at the comics convention. Nothing unique ever has a chance anymore. I can’t imagine how the hit shows of the 80s and 90s would have ever survived by today’s standards.

7. T says:

I bet Oz, lost half of Contra in his divorce and his wife sold it to her.

8. Andy says:

I think Megan deserves so much better.
    God i can’t believe this, why couldn’t she join SMASH!

9. Marc says:

Maybe we shouldn’t rush to judgement before, oh I dunno, they even start filming the second season? Just saying, the writers made the first season work… have a little bit of faith that they actually know what they’re doing guys!

10. Carrie says:

I’m glad FOX decided to give the show a second season. Megan Mullally is hilarious, so I’m sure she’ll only add to the show. They should also bring Alyssa Milano back.

11. Alyssa says:

Hehe. Reaper. Nice allusion :) So glad this show is back!!!

12. Sheldon W says:

You didn’t mention the bad news – that there will be less emphasis on the missions, making Breaking In, in essence, The Office in a security firm [with Mullaly's character being the equivalent of James Spader's on the NBC series].

Once again FOX has screwed the pooch [see: Human Target].

13. Will says:

This show is pure garbage. Why Megan why are you goin’ to this crapfest of a show. It was canned for a reason the first time. /sigh

14. Midori says:

Agreed.

15. Sara says:

Great news! Oz will have to say “I’ll allow it.”

16. Tori says:

I never watched the show when it was on. Don’t really are for Slater. But the minute I read this news earlier I found the show online and just finished it. It was better than I care to admit but only reason I even bothered with it was because of Megan Mullally she is fantastic. Hopefully there will still be some missions.

17. Rain says:

I was so happy to hear Breaking In was coming back, now I’m not so thrilled. Not a Megan fan and hate the idea of them getting way from the missions. I don’t wath The Office for a reason!

18. Lisa says:

Breaking In sucked.

19. Paul says:

Now I’ll at least watch the show, I love Megan Mullally!

20. u says:

yes yes yes, I can’t wait! :o)