The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Thursday

On your TV this Thursday: The people’s first X-traction, Pierce Hawthorne’s daddy issues, a certain Fox show is back with a “Bang! Mama Bones!” and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories (linked within), here are 14 other programs to keep on your radar.

First Look: Big Bang‘s Bernadette Finds the Perfect Wedding Dress Tonight!

8 pm The X Factor (Fox) | America has voted, and one of the Top 12 will be sent home… after this message from our sponsors.

8 pm Charlie’s Angels (ABC) | I was going to include this when I thought it was the last episode. Then I realized there is one more running next week, so I scratched it. Then I saw that Peyton List (FlashForward, As the World Turns) guest-stars tonight, and… well, I’m a slut that way. My column!

8 pm Community (NBC) | Pierce plans a party to celebrate Hawthorne Wipes’ latest success, only to have the mood quashed by the arrival of his overbearing father, Cornelius (Deadwood‘s Larry Cedar); Troy is wooed by Vice Dean Laybourne (John Goodman) and the Air Conditioning Repair Annex.

8:30 pm Rules of Engagement (CBS) | Audrey’s throat surgery makes her unable to speak — much to Jeff’s delight.

Exclusive Parks and Recreation Preview Video: Apocalypse LOL!

Vampire Diaries: Original Vamp Claire Holt Previews This Week’s ‘Revealing’ Flashback Ep

9 pm Bones (Fox) | After gestating for a long five months, Season 7 is finally, finally here. The first case is a little meh, but the baby-related banter between Brennan and Booth sets a fresh, fun tone for the new cycle. Read my premiere scooplets, and catch up on all of TVLine’s unparalleled between-seasons reporting.

9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | The doctors wax nostalgic when George O’Malley’s mother returns to Seattle Grace for medical help; a new pediatric fellow excites Arizona (and makes Alex feel threatened); Jackson lets his suspicions about Mark and Lexie interfere with his work; Henry and Teddy have their first marital squabble.

9 pm The Secret Circle (The CW) | When Cassie hits the road to look for her MIA grandmother, Diana decides the whole circle should tag along. And then Di invites Jake, which irks Adam. And then somewhere in it all, RBG Faye decides a game of Truth or Dare would be fun — or at least good for sweeps. (Watch an exclusive video sneak peek!)

9 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | The case of the week involves a school teacher or something, but all you care about is guest stars Enrico Colantoni (Veronica Mars, Flashpoint) and Enver Gjokaj (Dollhouse).

9 pm The Office (NBC) | Dwight tries to boost the office’s efficiency by installing a “Doomsday” device that will get them all fired if they make too many mistakes.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice and More!

10 pm Burn Notice (USA Network) | When you’re burned, you’ve got nothing…. Etcetera. Season 5 resumes with Fullerton (Jere Burns) now holding all the cards and having Michael doing his bidding, lest Fi get pinched for the (accidental) killing of two security guards. Amidst it all, Michael awaits word from Agent Pearce on whether he can keep his CIA security clearance.

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | Series lead Simon Baker directed this episode, in which Jane meets a blogger (The Good Wife‘s David Paymer) who has devoted his life to tracking a serial killer. William Mapother (Lost) guest-stars as a suspect, while Missi Pyle (Heroes) and Catherine Dent (The Shield) play a TV host and FBI agent, respectively.

10 pm Private Practice (ABC) | Painful memories for Charlotte are triggered as Amelia continues her downward spiral; Addison takes another step closer to motherhood when she chooses a sperm donor (Happy Endings‘ Max in a crossover stunt? No?).

10 pm Beavis and Butt-Head (MTV) | The lads engage in an accidental act of chivalry.

10:30 pm The League (FX) | Taco creates an off-line social network called My Face; the guys resurrect their old game of “Phone Chicken” and bring back Bobbum Man, much to Kevin’s dismay.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. naveed says:

Honestly, Charlie’s angels, as bad as some of the actresses are, its a hot show. Like who wouldn’t wanna watch 3 girls going arounddressed so lustly on random missions….

2. Dominique says:

you’re a Peyton List fan? Matt, as if you haven’t given me enough reasons yet to be my fave TVLine reporter!

3. Paige says:

Um, and Vampire Diaries is also on tonight, Matt, and it’s gonna be a pretty important episode…

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large says:

Yessiree, and I linked above (in bold) to our rip-roarin’ preview (aka original feature story) of the cannot-miss episode! :)

• Alicia says:

Had to be educated about this myself the other day, but apparently those blue links (offset from the rest of the text) ARE the recommendations for the show they mention. And it’s all laid out in the disclaimer: “As a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories (linked within)…”
      See now, it’s so obvious, don’t you feel silly?
      Grey’s and The Mentalist, holla

4. Amy says:

Community and Bones!!

5. alr says:

Bones and Burn Notice will definitely take precedence for my Thursday nights! So glad they don’t conflict time-wise!

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large says:

The BURN NOTICE midseason premiere is pretty good, I cannot fathom how they are gonna “get away” from this Fullerton guy. He is always, always two steps ahead.

• Amanda says:

I’ve decided to give up on Burn Notice. I don’t know, it just stopped being all that interesting the first part of this season.

6. Vampire Diaries for sure, but it’s a tossup between recording Community or The Big Bang Theory. (Whichever one I don’t record will get watched On Demand tomorrow/late tonight.) I love Amy on TBBT, but I think Community might be more consistently funny. I’ll also DVR Rules of Engagement.

7. Ingmar says:

Grey’s Anatomy & Private Practive. Record Bones. So glad its back!

8. nessa says:

hey matt i know you have given the whole preview in tidbits
    but still after two episodes is bones still as good as before or better?
    because the kiss and the i love you in the previews were pretty awkward i hope the episode has better moments

9. Sasha says:

No Big Bang Theory?

Or is its just off this week?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

At the tippy-top of the list is a link to a preview-y piece we have on tonight’s episode.

• Sasha says:

Sweet! Thank you. I can’t see things staring me in the face sometimes:)

• Just a Suggestion says:

lol Matt you should definately rethink adding blue links in your worth watching bits… I think this is the 3rd time this week that people have asked this sort of question… or at least just write them in their hour schedule and post the blue link there?

10. George says:

Grey’s Anatomy.

11. Kathryn says:

Too much to watch tonight!
    Vampire Diaries
    Bones, Greys, The Secret Circle
    Burn Notice, Private Practice

12. Beth Ann says:

The Vampire Diaries & The Secret Circle.

13. kirads09 says:

Must see: Person of Interest! I am all about that show right now.
    Recording: Burn Notice and The Mentalist
    Catching up on Bones when I can.

14. Renee says:

If Person of Interest was not already can’t miss for me, Enver Gjokaj and Enrico Colantoni would make it so. (And can anyone tell me how to pronounce Gjokaj?)

15. B says:

I think I’m the only one not all that interested in watching Bones with a baby. I’ll still watch tonight though.

• Alex says:

You’re not alone. It’s not that I’m uninterested, it’s just that I’m not sure about the direction the show took. I was one of the one who didn’t like season 6 (for the most part) and I felt that the way they ended up together was forced. But, I’ve been watching the show for 7 years now and I can’t just leave without giving it another shot. Plus most of the reviews I’ve read for the premiere have been good. So that’s enough incentive for me to watch at least the premiere and see the new dynamic of the show…but I won’t tune in tonight because I’m working so I’ll have to catch it tomorrow morning.

16. fernando says:

Charlie’s Angels and Private Practice

17. Snapy says:

TVD and TSC on the CW FTW!!!

18. Scott says:

8 – Big Bang Theory – Amy is devastated when Penny and Bernadette shop for wedding dresses without her.
    9 – Person of Interest – Reese and Finch rush to save a school teacher who witnessed a mob hit.
    10 – The Mentalist – Jane encounters a blogger (David Paymer) who has devoted his life to finding a serial killer.

9 – BONES – A woman’s remains are found in a paintball field; Booth and Brennan adjust to life as an expectant couple
    10 -Prime Suspect – Jane and Duffy investigate the shooting death of a man in a hotel; Duffy’s comments about Costello bother Jane.
    1am – BURN NOTICE – After years of looking for someone who’s wronged you, what happens when you finally find him? It’s a whole new chapter of Burn Notice, and a perfect time to get in on the action!

Two shows I’ve been looking forward two start tonight. I’ll DVR both since I’ll rewatch them.

19. j_flower says:

watching mentalist!!!

20. Sue says:

Thursday is like a TV marathon…Vampire Diaries, Big Bang, Grey’s, Secret Circle and now Bones is back…My poor DVR…

21. Here we go again! It pains me to have to do it, but now that Bones is back I had to bench Grey’s in favor of Secret Circle :( Just HAVE to watch first ep of Bones and Grey’s hits the internets faster than SC. LOL

22. Bella says:

Bones and The Mentalist.

23. kevin says:

I was so emotional when the news broke that CHARLIE’S ANGELS was canceled and it felt like I was going to upset or started to cry in tears but BOO on the critics and the Angels haters who didn’t believe in this hot iconic reboot of the ’70s series. Until then I’ll definitely watch tonight for probably the final two episodes of the series even though they wanted a petition in order for a protest to “save Charlie’s Angels” until the time being and I hope Minka Kelly will rebound sometime in the near future where she’ll find another TV gig or a big movie career ’cause it looks like she would be done from her recurring stint on PARENTHOOD and possibly be back as Lyla Garrity for the big screen version of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS.

24. laur says:

Big Bang
    Private practice

thinking about catching Bones online or free on demand.

25. Brandy says:

vd, sc. Maybe check out bones

26. Lisa says:

Vampire Diaries
    Parks & Rec
    Secret Circle
    Burn Notice
    Storm Chasers

27. Lisa says:

28. Templar says:

TBBT, RoE, Bones, Mentalist.

29. Dijea says:

30. Justin says:

Busy night for me! I’ll be watching The Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Prime Suspect, Charlie’s Angels, Bones, and Burn Notice. Whew (6.5 hrs.)!!

31. Lore says:

“Bang! Mama Bones!”
    That is the show i´ve waiting for!! Finally the day has arrive..BONES BONES BONES BONES BONES! YAY!!!!!!

32. O'Brien says:

The Bones sneak peeks that came out Monday night are amazing. They have NAILED the way this should go. It’s going to be an awesome season!

33. Marie says:

How about Prime Suspect?

34. Bob says:

8:00 Community
    8:30 short nap
    9:00 Bones
    10:00 The Mentalist
    11:00 Daily Show

35. jh6713 says:

Yeah! Bones and Boreanaz are BACK… Best Show, Best Couple, Best Everything!

36. ollie says:

was already going to watch poi but having enver in it is an extra bonus so glad hes finally on a show again. and i of course watch vd closses thing on tv to lost love it

37. Erika says:

My hard to choose my Thursday night viewing.

X-Factor 7-8
    Bones 8-9
    Beavis and Butthead 9-9:30

Watching tomorrow:
    Person of Interest
    Grey’s Anatomy
    Vampire Diaries
    The Office

38. umbrella says:

X factor, Bones and The Mentalist

Private Practice and Person of Interest tomorrow…Thursdays are so busy!