Exclusive

The Secret Circle Exclusive First Look: Cassie and Jake Get Hot and Bothered

An impromptu game of Truth or Dare and the tension-filled road trip are among TV’s most reliably entertaining tropes. This Thursday at 9/8c, The CW’s The Secret Circle kills two birds with one stone when the kids go searching for Cassie’s grandma Jane and end up having some fun at Henry’s lake house.

But before the drama starts, Cassie and Jake will be setting off some sparks – literally and figuratively – as you can see in our exclusive video preview below.

So just how heated do things get between the two? “We have a bit of an interaction, as one might say,” Britt Robertson teased coyly during a set visit arranged by Warner Bros. TV. (Since TVLine was on hand during filming of the episode, we can confirm that there was some interacting of the kissing variety.)

The Secret Circle‘s Chris Zylka Previews Jake’s ‘Dark’ Agenda

“[It] is a horrible, insidious game for truth to come out,” says executive producer Andrew Miller with a laugh. “It starts innocently and fun enough, but it goes to a very bad place.… I don’t know that anyone wants to hear that much truth in one session. And they all do.”

Meanwhile, look for magic and alcohol to make for some not-so-fun times for one character. “It’s definitely not a good combo for Faye,” previews Robertson. Adds Miller: “It’s better for Faye to stay on the straight and narrow because she doesn’t need anything making it easier for her to fly off the handle.”

Check out the sneak peek below and then hit the comments to tell us what you think of Cassie and Jake’s new, hot magic.

Loading video...

1. Katie says:

Yay! There are so much more interesting than Adam/Cassie.

2. A says:

Aaaah, so much chemistry between these too. Now only if he wasn’t trying to kill them. Haha, still, I love having Jake on the show. It adds for an incredible story and love interest.

Can’t wait to watch this tonight!

3. Danielle H. says:

I really want to like this show, but it just feels so methodical. I had high expectations because of the people behind it being behind TVD, but I am finding my attention highly waning. It also feels extra juvenial to me, whereas even though TVD is around the same age it never really feels that way because I think the actors just play it more maturely.
    This show really needs punched up and made exciting, a la TVD.

• alyssa897 says:

I agree with absolutely everything you said. Compared to VD, SC is just horrible. I have been trying soooo hard to like it, but it’s just not happening. I still have the last two episodes on my DVR and honestly, I don’t know if I’m going to watch them.

• Ciara says:

To each their own, but I honestly thing TVD is a very bad show in many respects. It’s well filmed by the director, very well acted by the entire cast, but its just got so much nonsense in there. A character got a text from a GHOST, telling them that said ghost could help, amd in response the character did not ask the ghost to text the information, but instead KILLED themselves to contact the ghost, with a prett obscure message to a not-very-powerful witch to bring them back to life. Sure, it was dramatic. It was pretty. But it’s an example of one of the shows main problems – it doesn’t do substance over style. The logic is so screwed. Characters we’re supposed to root for – like Elena or Bonnie – are made to do something stupid so that the story can evolve, and then the writers try to mask it and put the blame on a different character. It MAKES NO SENSE. And it’s so involved in the over-done story that the characters never evolve. There’s nice five second-long moments in each episode, but no development. I think that, in thise respects at least, TSC trumps TVD. It measures TVD in acting talent and directing, but it certainly has the better logic and characters.

4. lauren says:

finally, someone tells them to stop the chanting!!

5. Nikki says:

He is beautiful…too bad he’s evil wrapped in such a nice package.

6. Iyesha says:

Oh man! That was intense. Jake brings out the darkness in Cassie, but in a romantic way. Can not wait to see this. :)

7. dina says:

i bet he wasnt even doing magic, he was testing her to see if she was strong enough to use her dark magic.. its so obvious

8. Sage says:

Cassie and Jake are so much more interesting then Cassie and Adam. Sorry Cadam, you’re cute, but boring. Cake OWNS in intensity, in hotness, and in chemistry. I feel like the writers should just throw the whole “destiny” thing out the window. Because it limits them and what they can do on the show. They should go full force with Cake, because that is where the real story is. And if they have to put Adam and Cassie together then it should be like in the very last episode of the very last season. Just sayin’

9. Asia says:

I really love the potential of this show. I also love that they are taking their time to develop characters. I know people keep wanting TSC to be the TVD but it is not and we are only about 6 or 7 episodes in. Just give it some time, I don’t remember TVD starting out hot and heavy it was not as intense a show as it is now with its first few episodes. I always get confused in these forums with how much people want the plot lines and story lines with the characters to happen so fast I think with all good shows there is a build up. I foresee the second half of the season for the show to be pretty good just because it seems to use the same formula as TVD as far as how it develops its plots. By the way I was sad to see Louis Hunter go and wish Nick could’ve stayed on the show but I am absolutely loving what Chris Zylka brings to the show. I love that you see how he is a more experienced witch compared to the others and I really am happy to see them give Cassie’s character more depth. I am interested to see what this dark magic plot takes her character. Also it is weird to see Thomas Dekker in such a supporting role cause he usually dominates whatever show he is on but it is a different role that makes him a much more interesting actor in my opinion. I understand everyone isn’t going to like the show but I think the writers are doing a great job with telling the story and developing characters which are two important things I look for when I am getting into a show.

10. Brittany says:

You need to bring Adam and Casie story back. I loved that so much more. This new ‘hot’ magic makes me not want to watch this anymore.

11. Rose says:

Brittany I completely agree with you! Adam and cassie was much more romantic. Adam is way sweet and soulful. Jake is a jerk. Hurt or not by his past he has no excuse adam is hurt and doesn’t act like a douche. Bring back adam and cassie!