Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Grey's, Fringe, Once Upon a Time, Horror Story and Private Practice!

Is three company or a crowd on Grey’s? What brings a beloved baddie back to Fringe? Who’s the daddy on Once Upon a Time? Read on for those answers, plus other teases from TV’s hottest shows.

Grey’s Anatomy | Let’s kick things off this week with a trip to the Inside Line mailbag. Sara writes, “Can you please give me a hell of a scoop about Mark and Lexie from Grey’s Anatomy? We have been waiting so long!” Well, as we saw during last Thursday’s softball game, Mark’s new honey (played by Gossip Girl alum Holley Fain) roused the green-eyed monster in Lexie, to the point that she beaned her “rival” right in the bosom! So you can only imagine the tension when a medical case brings Fain’s character, an ophthalmologist at Seattle Presbyterian, to SGH to work alongside Derek, Mark… and Lexie. Let’s hope no Rawlings Softies are handy in the OR!

Grey’s Anatomy‘s Jessica Capshaw Answers Fans’ Questions About Calzona, Crying and More

Once Upon a Time | This much we know about young Henry: His birth mom, Emma, is significant because she has the power to undo the Evil Queen’s curse. And Henry himself is significant because he apparently offers Regina a “second chance” of sorts, seeing as he’s named after the father she sacrificed to exact “the curse to end all curses.” But what about Henry’s birth dad? Who is he, will we ever meet him, and how might he fit into the picture? Or is that perhaps a big Season 1 finale bombshell? “That might be a Season 6 finale!” Jennifer Morrison responded with a laugh when I popped the paternity question. “I’ve heard rumblings of ideas about Henry’s father and how he fits into all of this,” she went on to share, “but that is something that is definitely going to take a long time to be revealed.”

Exclusive: Once Upon a Time Crowns Richard Schiff as Snow White’s Royal Father

Fringe | While speaking with Joshua Jackson for an upcoming feature, I tried to elicit intel on the much buzzed-about return of big baddie David Robert Jones (played by Jared Harris). His response to my earnest appeal for scoop: “Uh, no.” He then explained, “I don’t want to give away the why [of Jones' return], because if you’ve been watching from the very beginning it’s a very satisfying reveal.” Jackson did offer that “from a personal standpoint, the fact that we’re basically going to go back to Season 1 and rehash all of that stuff is super-cool.” In fact, he said that DRJ’s comeback tale — which was originally set as a winter finale cliffhanger but will now unspool after the holiday hiatus – is “the best of the stories I’ve been involved in since I’ve been back.” Featuring all of the characters from both universes and heaps of mythology, he raves, “It’s the whole enchilada.” BONUS FRINGE BENEFIT! The Inside Line can report that ingenue Alexis Raich has been cast in an episode currently in production as Emily, a teen who has a strange, dark gift that she believes to be a curse, but at the end of the day may be very helpful to our Fringe Team.

Fringe Bosses Tease Peter’s Return: He’s Now the Show’s ‘Focal Point’

Private Practice | The introduction of young Mason will continue to uncork myriad emotions, but lovey-dovey looks between Cooper and one-time hook-up Erika will not be one of them, Paul Adelstein assures. “If it turns out to be Cooper’s child, that means having a relationship with the kid’s mother as well – but not a romantic relationship,” he told me. “I mean, he’s happily married.” (On that note, a chorus of CharCoop fans cheer!) Still, Cooper having Mason in his life will often mean allowing Erika into his orbit as well. “It’s not like this kid is 20 years old and living on his own,” the actor notes. “With an 8-year-old, you’re going to be dealing with the kid’s parent. So that complicates things.” (And the CharCoop fans booooo.)

American Horror Story: Rubber Man, That Ultra-Scary Ultrasound and More Burning Questions!

American Horror Story | If you watched this week’s conclusion to the Halloween night arc, you saw that at the very end of the hour, Vivien (played by Connie Britton) decided that she’s had enough of Ben’s lies and gave him the heave-ho from their horror-ble home. But will that ejection stick? Maybe, maybe not. As Dylan McDermott told me, “The thing is, I am treating patients still in the house,” so that at the very east will keep Ben around in some capacity. The Harmons’ marriage, though – as with the relationships of the house’s previous owners — is perhaps doomed. “I’m trying to save this marriage, but it obviously is slipping through my fingers,” McDermott says in character. “So we’re going to see more of that, me trying to keep it together as it’s all falling apart…. We’re definitely in crisis.”

If there’s a show or hot topic you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around!

Comments (37)

• I love Fringe.
    Peter, Olivia and Walter are amazing!!!!!

Yeahhh! Mr. Jones is back!

Comment by Mary – November 3, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully Henry’s father will be magic, too. I’m hoping Emma hooks up with the sheriff, as I believe he is the huntsman who couldn’t kill Snow White.

Comment by Templar – November 3, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To be completely honest, I watched Once Upon A Time while doing homework, so my full attention wasn’t on the screen…but wasn’t the sheriff Prince Charming? (Forgive me if I’m wrong!)

Comment by Tulip – November 3, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope. “John Doe” in the hospital is Prince Charming.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – November 3, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, I’ve been thinking he’s the huntsman too. He works for the evil queen, but is reluctant to do all the evil things she asks. Definitely fits.

Comment by mallen – November 3, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh good. i’m glad i’m not the only one who saw this connection! I love the Sheriff..cute and mysterious.

Comment by mehvash – November 3, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oooh! I like this theory! I haven’t thought of it! I’m still going with he’s the big bad wolf from Red Hiding Hood. Argh I can’t wait to find out who he is!!

Comment by Julie – November 4, 2011 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yess Fringe news!!! Very exciting!! I swear if FOX doesn’t let this show end properly I will murder someone.

Comment by Audrey M. – November 3, 2011 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Once Upon A Time scoop! Can’t wait for the next episode, new scoop makes time go by a bit faster :)

Comment by Sally – November 3, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wait til you see what I’ve got for you on Monday morning ;)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – November 3, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh, matt, you sly, sly fox ;)

Comment by lipsticksocialism – November 4, 2011 03:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why wait until Monday morning? You can at least give a little hint, please ;) Thanks!!

Comment by nervous – November 4, 2011 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What do you think of “Once Upon a Time,” Matt? I’m liking it so far. :)REALLY loving American Horror Story and Revenge though.

Comment by Brittany – November 3, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol you really understand charcoop fans =)

Comment by Liége – November 3, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yowza, Halloween Part 2 answered a lot of questions this week, but left a few big ones; what did Zachary Quinto do to Dennis O’Hare? Still don’t know if O’Hare’s character is alive or dead, same goes for Tate; interesting that he mentioned Kurt Cobain on the beach, so I wonder if he too died at the house in the 90′s, hence his Cobain haircut.

The ep didn’t have as many goulish moments but the family stuff was so intense that I didn’t notice the lack of carnage. Gosh I hope Zach Quinto’s character gets his “one perfect day”, maybe the living and dead will become friends as time passes instead of Real World: Undead Challenge.

Comment by Plum – November 3, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am under the impression that Tate is a ghost and that Dennis’ character is very much alive. The cheerleader mentioned that she’d be 34 and should be married and have kids now.

Comment by bethany – November 3, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Tate is dead, but doesn’t know he’s dead. I am also wondering if he is possibly a conduit for the Infantata(it that what they are calling the baby?) I wonder if Tate was conceived and born in the house and therefore literally a part of the house. If he is, then there is the possibility that he’s not really dead, but in a kind of stasis – he reached an age and stopped. But I think he’s more of an avatar for the baby and was either killed by the gunmen entering the house (promo) or killed himself just before they arrived. Now he doesn’t fully realize that he’s dead and his Mom and others associated with the house may have been trying to slowly help him come to terms with his death. Maybe he really didn’t kill those kids, maybe the jealous baby did – through Tate… A lot of ideas, I know, but this show plays so many hidden cards, part of the fun it trying to out think it.

Comment by Tami – November 3, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we get scoop on Stephen Lang’s backstory on Terra Nova; when is he going to get a love interest, and when will we meet his son?

Comment by Plum – November 3, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get why Viv on American Horror Story kicks Ben out and stays in the house *_*
    SHE wanted to move out that house.. wouldn’t that be the perfect chance?

Comment by Carda – November 3, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably because her daughter would refuse to go with her.

Comment by Lyria – November 3, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still waiting for Mason and Erica to leave the show. How long can this storyline of Cooper visiting the kid go on? It’s going to get old and boring fast unless Erica dies and leaves the kid with them. I feel they are putting too much into this storyline,it’s become the “All about Cooper and his kid show this season.”

Comment by Tara – November 3, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate Jennifer Morrison in Once so much… but i love the rest of the characters so i’ll keep watching :)

Comment by Jariet – November 3, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the rest of the characters, but I disagree about Jennifer Morrison. Hey, I was worried about her in the show, but she’s actually pretty awesome in it.
      Out of all her recent Tv characters, Cameron, Zoey and Emma, this is by faaaaaaar my best. She’s badass, but really likeable.

Comment by Dessy – November 3, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I dislike her too. She always looks angry. It´s like she has only one facil expression.

Comment by Moth – November 3, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t know. She always seems to latch on to one character trait and forcibly push it forward. Makes character look flat and less interesting.

Comment by to Dessy – November 3, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Though i disagree,you made a well-thought, solid critic about JMs acting abilities.However I´m yawning because i`ve read the same comment way to often in the last few months. You’d almost think someone copied it and paste it in the comment section everytime articles about JM or her projects are out.
          It never ceases to amaze me to recognize these 3 or 4 poor internet-fanatics who are as obsessed with their Jen-hatred as the Evil Queen with her hate to Snow White. ;)
          Jennifer Morrison is a beloved, versatile actress and she is doing a great job in her portrayal of Emma.The whole cast is amazing. It can’t be faulted.

Comment by @ to Dessy – November 3, 2011 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree. I like “Once…” and Morrison seems like a nice person who I wish well but her acting severely lacks nuance and because of that her gruff with a good heart character comes across as two-dimensional in the acting not the writing. It’s something that has struck me watching the two episodes this season and I wondered if anyone else had noticed. The other two main actresses blow her out of the water right now. But I’m sure she can work on it and get better; she’s still a young actress. Anyway, like the show and hope it and everyone associated with it does well. :)

Comment by Samara – November 3, 2011 09:32 PM PDT
          • I think Jen brings several nuances to Emma from emotional insecure, lonely,flawed,tough to good-hearted and it doesn`t hurt that she has this wonderful steely implacability about her that makes her victory seem inevitable. She really represents Hope,i guess it is all what the audience needed to catch at this point of the story.

Comment by @Samara – November 4, 2011 01:51 AM PDT
      • Yeah, I think she’s doing a great job. Personally, I think Lana Parilla is somewhat lacking in her role as the Evil Queen.

Comment by ChrisGa – November 3, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jen is awesome and her portrayal of Emma is great!!

Comment by Karo – November 3, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Horror Story is so freaking good best new show by far and can’t wait to see Peter Bishop on my TV again. Thanks for the scoops :)

Comment by Arielle – November 3, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer es muy bella y la mejor,tiene mucho talento

Comment by jhon – November 3, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And her boyfriend is muy caliente!

Comment by jennrae – November 4, 2011 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Sandra Oh would get something to do in G.A.! The first two or three seasons the writes had such great material for her, why nothing now?

Comment by Marc – November 3, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i thought the abortion storyline was good, well-thought out, and really let Sandra Oh shine in the way she was able to convey to everyone why she doesnt want a baby and why she feels like she has to want one. I’m looking forward to more storylines with her in it, but I liked the abortion storyline.

Comment by lipsticksocialism – November 4, 2011 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness that Jackson ended it quickly with Lexie instead of multiple episodes of dragging it out. April and Lexie are the same. Please pick one and get rid of the other.

Comment by Mora – November 4, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post