Hot Dates! ABC Family Sets Winter Premieres, Starz Welcomes Back Spartacus

Good news, ABC Family fans — the network has announced winter premiere dates for its roster of addictive programming.

Pretty Little Liars will be back to spin lies and uncover secrets on Monday, Jan. 2 at 8/7c, followed by new episodes of The Lying Game.

Last summer’s freshman hit Switched at Birth moves to Tuesdays at 8 pm with its Season 1.5 debut on Jan. 3, leading into the series premiere of the fashion-centric Jane By Design.

Greek Video: Watch the Series Finale That Wasn’t!

The wait for The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Make It or Break It, however, will be longer. The returning favorites are currently slated to bow in the spring.

UPDATE: Melissa & Joey, for the many who are asking, is expected to return in Summer 2012.

Meanwhile, for those who prefer their TV a little grittier, Season 2 of Starz’ Spartacus: Vengeance will debut on Friday, Jan. 27 at 10 pm.

1. Bronzia88 says:

PLL vs GG is not good for GG’s ratings at all.

• Stacie says:

But Pretty Little Liars versus Glee wouldn’t be great either. Moving it back to Mondays makes more sense. I know Glee isn’t the rating juggernaut it might have been before but it still has a whole lot of similar PLL fans watching.

2. Amber says:

FYI – “Liars” is misspelled. :-)

3. Lore says:

Whattttttttt, how in the heaven they showing Switched at birth until January, im gonna die waiting!!

4. james says:

Crossing my fingers Amy Sherman Palladino’s “Bunheads” gets picked up.

5. Me says:

Thanks, quick question tough, what about Melissa & Joey?

6. Carrie says:

I know I’d like to hear about Melissa and Joey as well! Thanks!!

7. Jason says:

Shouldn’t that be season 3 of Spartacus???

• Sourabh says:

It’s season 2.
      Gods of the Arena was a miniseries, and a prequel, shot when production of season 2 stopped on account of Andy Whitfield’s cancer.

8. Grace says:

Ditto about Melissa and Joey.

9. Wildbynature says:

Season 2 of Spartacus is correct; we’ve had season 1 and then the prequel season that was written to cover Andy Whitfield’s absence during his cancer treatment; regrettably, it recurred and the poor guy lost. Hence, Season 2’s filming was delayed and the title role recast.

10. Morgan says:

Actually it’s spelled correctly. Someone didn’t pay attention in 1st grade!

11. alyssa897 says:

I can’t wait for PLL to come back. It’s one of my favorite shows. The Lying Game is also pretty good. I adore Alexandria Chando and the girl who plays Laurel. Switched at Birth is entertaining as well. I can’t wait until we find out when MIOBI is back. I think this will be the last season. I hope Emily comes back because she was kind of the main character. The fans need some closure!

However, Secret Life is one of two shows that I hate and that I actually judge people who watch them.

• Juliet says:

Secret life is the only show i watch on this network, i watch it in a ‘so bad it’s good’ way, there so much to snark about it, it is almost meta..and i am used to watch HBO, FX or Showtime tv shows, moreover the actors playing Amy and Ricky have a really cute and quite exiting chemistry for teenage characters (by the way the Amy actress is really good with great material, just watch the new Alexander Payne movie ‘The Descendants’ you will see) so judge me as you want i totally own my uber guilty pleasure and suck it !!
      p.s: i loathed Brenda Hampton former show and conservative tone and i can’t wait for the new season of Secret Life !!

12. Ram510 says:

I think it’s a bad idea to make people wait a year for a comedy ie Melissa & Joey. They should have a few episodes aired in winter. Or at least repeats just to remind people it still exist

13. Leo says:

So awesome that Pretty Little Liars and The Lying Game will run in the same day. Talk about sisters!

14. Mona says:

Eh Switched at Birth will probably be cancelled by the end of this season as well as The Lying Game. The only reason I watch that channel is for PLL and Secret Life which should have definitely came back in January. I swear ABC Family is trying to sabotage it smh.

15. tina says:

I love secret life and switched at birth it sucks that abc is not gonna air secret life till the sping

16. Tiena says:

AWWW COME ON! Secret Life needs to show the new season in January as planned!!

17. Tiena says:

Judge yourself. You watch pretty little liars. ENOUGH SAID about that.

Just be prepared to be judged back is all I’m saying.

18. shannon says:

why make us wait for Secret

19. shannon says:

why make us wait for Secret Life when it comes back it only has 4 or 5 episodes then off for the season thats crazy why not go ahead and show them ….as for Melissa&Joey thats also to long it’s been off forever too.