The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching Wednesday

On your TV this Wednesday: X Factor invites you to rock the vote, Up All Night sets a parent trap, a Modern woman gives her hubby an ultimatum,, and more. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories, here are 12 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm The X Factor (Fox) | We’re down to the Top 12, and it is now time for y’all to start voting!

8 pm Up All Night (NBC) | Reagan wants to set an example for baby Amy by trying to get along with her own parents (guest stars Blythe Danner and Richard Schiff) — which is perhaps easier said than done.

8:30 pm Suburgatory (ABC) | Tessa introduces a homeless transsexual to the student body as part of a lesson, only to have it backfire; a dental bill from Noah strains George’s relationship with his new pal.

Exclusive Scoop & Photos: Criminal Minds Pulls Southland Star Into the Ring

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | As the BAU investigates a slew of corpses surfacing in the Angeles National Forest, Rossi struggles with an agonizing decision regarding his ex-wife (guest star Isabella Hoffman).

9 pm Modern Family (ABC) | Hanging out with Shorty (Chazz Palminteri) and his girlfriend (Jennifer Tilly) prompts Gloria to give Jay an ultimatum; Mitchell and a friend challenge Cameron to get a hot girl’s (Leslie Mann) number at the bar; Phil builds a tree house (ostensibly) for Luke.

Happy Endings First Look: ‘Red Band’ Trailer Recaps Season 2′s Naughtiest Moments

10 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | The squad’s open-and-shut case involving a music student raped at gunpoint in her apartment is thrown a curve when Cutter (Linus Roache) learns the opposing counsel is a high-profile defense attorney (played by guest star Andre Braugher).

10 pm Steve Jobs: One Last Thing (PBS) | The documentary promises “an unflinching look” at the computer industry icon through interviews with people such as Ronald Wayne (a co-founder of Apple Computer), Bill Fernandez (Apple’s first employee), Dean Hovey (the designer of the mouse) and Dr. Alvy Smith (co-founder of Pixar Animation Studios, which Jobs acquired in 1986).

10 pm Revenge (ABC) | Frank, desperate to prove his loyalty to Victoria, digs deep into Emily’s past — and uncovers perhaps too much. CCH Pounder guests as the warden at the juvie detention facility Amanda once called home.

10 pm Psych (USA Network) | In “The Amazing Psych Man & Tap-Man, Issue #2,” Shawn and Gus investigate the whereabouts of a masked vigilante named The Mantis.

10 pm American Horror Story (FX) | Part 2 of the Halloween episode sheds light on Tate’s past, stages a creepy-fun “reunion” of a macabre crowd, and finds Vivien doing the worst thing you can do in a horror piece: going to take a bath, alone. I also want to say this to the animal-lovers out there, because it’s an upsetting psych-out: No matter what happens tonight, the dog is fine.

10 pm Top Chef: Texas (Bravo) | I know that our Meg Masters is psyched for this one: Season 9 features a record 29 chefs and visits from Charlize Theron, Pee-wee Herman, Cat Cora, John Besh, Tim Love and Patti LaBelle.

10 pm South Park (Comedy Central) | In “1%,” a singular fourth grader (Cartman) is singled out when the Presidential Fitness scores are announced, and then chastised by punished classmates.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. scooterbeanbag says:

Something tells me Phil’s tree-house will either go horribly wrong, or be the coolest tree-house ever to be built. Possibly both.

2. Timelord says:

The south park episode is gonna be hilarious i think

3. Jessica says:

Matt, thank you for the reassurance regarding the dog in American Horror Story! I’m incredibly difficult to scare or gross-out, but every time there’s a pet in a horror/thriller, I’m always waiting for when I finally have to look away and plug my ears. I can’t handle it.

So, knowing that I can go into tonight’s episode without worry for the dog seriously relieves me in a major way. A very sincere thank you!

• Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large says:

I know how much people love their pets, as I have loved mine, so the “scare” tonight is disturbing in its own right. I just didn’t want people to take it too much too heart any longer than they should have to.

Sometimes a dog is just a tomato.

4. fernando says:

• Kate Sawyer says:

Can’t wait each week for Revenge! This is my #1Must-See! TDotW (Take Down of the Week – or Weak lol) are my fav eps. Hope this show lasts a good long while.

5. Alicia says:

X Factor (go Drew!), Criminal Minds (go Hotch/Prentiss!), and the Steve Jobs doc sounds interesting.

6. Templar says:

Criminal Minds and Psych.

7. Snapy says:

Survivor. Modern Family. An old episode of Boy Meets World on DVD. Revenge.

8. kirads09 says:

My Wednesday nights I watch Mythbusters when they are in new episodes. Still on the fence about CSI this season – but better than I thought with Danson.

9. kevin says:

10. Elizabeth says:

It’s an ABC all night for me – The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Happy Endings and Revenge (the highlight of the week for me w/the exception of the return of Bones, New Girl, Covert Affairs and Burn Notice :)

I’ll DVR Psych – gotta have my pineapple fix!

11. Mira says:

I guess I’m reading a book at 8 and I’ll watch Modern fam and American Horror Story after.

12. Why are all the good shows on at the same time??? I’m at my wits end with all the Monday and Thursday schedules (Hint: I DVR using two different homes), but now Wednesday? Besides Up All Night & Suburgatory, I’m watching/DVRing both Revenge & Psych at 10, replays of AHS & Next Iron Chef @ 11, and replay of Top Chef @ 12.
    Assuming I sleep tonight, I will be waking extra early to watch these before the new influx tomorrow night…
    Somebody stop me!

13. Bella says:

The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Revenge.

14. Mike says:

Modern Family, Happy Endings, Psych, South Park

15. Lisa says:

The Middle
    Modern Family
    Ghost Hunters
    American Horror Story

16. Laur says:

Criminal Minds

possibly: Up all night and Suburgatory

God tv is so awesome these days…

17. ceebee says:

Survivor and AHS all the way for me tonight!!!

18. Brandy says:

Revenge and top model

19. gerald says:

Suburgatory, Happy Endings, Revenge, American Horror Story and South Park…. thank God for DVR!
    From the preview of today’s episode, I think they’re going to do one of the urban legends involving the dog.
    By the way, now that I think about it do we have a new episode of Happy Endings today?

20. Harrison says:

I hate to say it, because it’s on of my favs, but this season of Psych is just not doing it for me. The first episode was hilarious and then the Hangover style episode didn’t even get a chuckle out of me, and the Halloween one made me want to vomit.

21. Hermit says:

Harry’s Law
    American Horror Story

22. Dexter says:

Connie Britton taking a bath…..I’ll be there for that! I’m sure the rewind button on my remote will be working overtime for that scene. Connie Britton=Ultimate MILF!

23. Kristi says:

Thank you for saying that about the dog in American Horror Story – that was the first thing I though when I first saw the promo pictures and the premiere of AHS “Oh no! A dog! They better not kill/torture/mutilate that poor dog!”

24. Lyndsey says:

THANK YOU!!! As soon as I saw the microwave explosion in the preview I feared the pooch wasn’t long for this world! I can handle pretty much anything Hollywood loves to dish out but I can’t stand seeing a small child or dog hurt! There’s just something about their innocence, trusting nature, & total dependence that really disturbs me!!!

25. Tamara says:

I read the warning/reassurance about the dog too late! That scene was too much! I had turn ch 4 awhile.

26. GingerSnap says: