Suburgatory Scoop: Tessa and Ryan… in Love?!

Tessa may have written off her fling with hottie-next-door Ryan Shay as a one-episode transgression on Suburgatory (Wednesdays, 8:30/7:30c on ABC), but word on the street is the unlikely couple may make another go of it later this season.

“Ryan kind of professes his love for Tessa [Jane Levy],” Ryan’s portrayer, Parker Young, tells TVLine. “He wants her back, so I’d say there’s definitely a chance Tessa goes back with Ryan.”

So what could possibly convince Tessa to reopen that “bag of chips”? We can think of six very good reasons, and Young gives us one more. “Her father, George (Jeremy Sisto), kind of takes Ryan under his wing and shows him the ropes,” Young reveals. “After a few lessons with George, Tessa might begin to see Ryan as a potential love interest again.”

In the meantime, Young says we can expect more of what we all love from Ryan: lots of awkward dancing — and very little clothing. “Every week it’s like, ‘Alright, give us some hip thrusts and horsey riding,’” Parker says. “For that barbecue episode, they pretty much told me to keep washing that car for five minutes without stopping. They called action and I just shook my butt, trying all these different things — drinking the water, scrubbing my abs, scrubbing the car — and it all sort of came together.”

Thoughts? Do you see super couple potential in Ryan and Tessa? Or does she deserve someone a little more IQ compatible? Hit the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (21)

• I think it’s hilarious because of the way she is so conflicted about it. But how will it play out with his sis & her friend Lisa who was SOOO against it? Maybe Lisa will steal something of Tessa’s and the police will be called again. :) Man I love this show.

Comment by Deena – November 2, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would love to see these to try and come together again. It was hilarious the first time and I’m sure it would be again.

Comment by David Sutton – November 2, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Relationships where one has a box of roxs for brains never works no matter how hot he/she is. They’ve already done the trial – don’t do it again unless he gains some brain waves.

Comment by socalgal – November 2, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, come on. Just because he\’s not the brightest crayon in the box doesn’t mean he doesn\’t have other things to offer, and I\’m not talking about his looks. He’s very sweet and it’s pretty obvious he really likes Tessa.

And look at Scott. He seemed like a good match for Tessa on paper, but it he was boring and had no sense of humor, and Tessa herself said there was no spark. There was clearly a spark with Ryan. She wasn\’t into him when she first saw him despite his looks, it was only after they kissed.

Comment by Ashley – September 8, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • since there is an interracial trend on abc, let Tessa hookup with Malik he has a brain that function and who is a match to hers…

Comment by melanie – November 2, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NO WAY!!! I think Malik and Lisa should get together! I like the idea that no matter how high and mighty Tessa thinks of herself that she’s just a slave to her hormones like all teens. Not every teenager is 100% self aware and I love that she’s fallen prey to the hot boy… plus its sort of a slap to the “plastics” of the school who probably also find him gorgeous and he’s with the “lesbian”. I love this plan!!!

Comment by Hyde – November 2, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really like that idea! Lisa needs some action and they are so funny together!

Comment by Samantha – November 2, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like Malik/Lisa, plus it’s pretty clear Tessa has no interest in Malik. Although I wouldn’t say Tessa is a slave to her hormones, or even that most teenagers completely are. If she was a slave to her hormones she would have dated him initially despite thinking they wouldn’t work just because he was hot. Tessa saw Ryan before she kissed him, but she had no interest in him until they actually kissed. They have a spark that is not there with Scott, even though they are opposites. Scott was awful and Tessa thought he would be a good match for her, but she quickly figured out how wrong she was. And he was hot too, sooo, yeah. I’m excited for Tessa/Ryan, I think they may make a good match despite how different they are, like George/Dallas. I think it would add a lot to the show, and would connect the families even more. Plus, I can’t wait to see how Lisa reacts.

Comment by Ashley – September 8, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one excited for this? I thought they made the most hilarious couple ever. She was so confused and he was just so dumbfounded. They’re complete opposites. I love it! But Malik is awesome too.

Comment by Melinda – November 2, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely think it would be fun to revisit this pairing. Maybe not so much as a long-term thing, but for a couple more episodes might not hurt ;) They really were hilarious together.
    I do not see Malik as a love interest at all. Not at this point anyway.

Comment by Saracen Riggins – November 2, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JUST GIVE ME SOME GEORGE AND DALLAS ACTION!

Comment by Samantha – November 2, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoy this show but I admit that I am more interested in what the adults are doing rather than the teens.

And I just learned this the other day – Malik is Randy from the Wire!

Comment by Pam – November 2, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to see they’re making this character more than “the hot guy next door” because he is hilarious! I think the writers could have a lot of fun with this arc, maybe even get Ryan closer to his sister. I’m loving this show, and great casting!

Comment by Amanda – November 2, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People really want George and Dallas together? I don’t like them together romantically at all, especially since she’s still married! Let them stay friends, please!

Comment by DDB – November 2, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited by this, I find the idea of the two of them together both hilarious and intriguing. I’ve thought it’d be fun to see them as an actual couple since the episode where they first kissed.

Comment by Kay – November 2, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree.

Comment by Ashley – September 8, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haha, he’s just soooo dumb!! it’s hilarious to watch!

Comment by airhead – November 4, 2011 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m definitely excited. I thought he was hilarious. Hopefully he sticks around when he comes back.

Comment by Anna – November 9, 2011 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, how have you guys seen this many episodes? I’m really confused…I thought only 7 episodes have aired so far and this boy was never in them..

Comment by Mollie Tomoseean – November 22, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is in Barbecue and Thanksgiving

Comment by C – November 26, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was in the first two episodes. Only for a second in the pilot, but he appeared fairly heavily in the second episode. Hard to miss.

Comment by Ashley – September 8, 2012 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post