Fox Renews X Factor For Second Season

Fox has more X on the brain: The network has renewed Simon Cowell’s The X Factor for a second season.

“I am absolutely thrilled with the news,” said Cowell in a statement. “I have loved making the show and I want to thank FOX, our sponsors and most importantly, the fans for supporting The X Factor.”

The X Factor Top 12: Strengths, Weaknesses, and Suggested Song Choices

While not exactly the ratings powerhouse Cowell predicted it would be, X Factor has become a solid performer for Fox. Per the network’s numbers crunchers, X has averaged more than 13 million viewers and “has significantly improved Fox’s year-over-year time period performance on Wednesday and Thursday nights among total viewers by +78% and +38%, respectively, and among Adults 18-49 by +37% and +41%.”

The X Factor is a monumental success,” said Fox’s top reality exec, Mike Darnell. “It’s won every night it’s been on the air, the talent is phenomenal, the live shows are spectacular and picking it up is a complete no-brainer. Simon and his team have done an incredible job with the show, and I’m absolutely thrilled to bring back The X Factor for another fantastic season.”

The pickup comes as X Factor is set to kick off its Top 12 Performance Night, which happens to be the first opportunity for viewers to vote for their favorites.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. TigerNightmare says:

More episodes of, “Look how nice my house is. Even if you win this thing, you’ll never afford this, chump.”

2. kevin says:

That’s a little bit of good news less than bad news if FOX continues to mess up their baseball playoffs schedule year after year after year.

3. austen. says:

I’ll accept this only if they cancel American Idol.

4. sandra says:

I doubt Steve Jones will get a second season though!

• JJ says:

I think Steve is definitely not a shining star on the show but has a chance to impress and turn the tide. I’m not sure he can do it though.

Nicole is the one that’s really on the chopping block. I hope.

• Joline says:

And take Nicole with him on the way out….

5. Dessy says:

And Fringe will be cancelled this year.
    life is not fair.

6. JJ says:

No surprise FOX would renew The X-Factor due to the major increase in ratings overall for the network…the show on the other hand is really missing the mark and will need a Version 2.0 to fix some of the problems.

1) It’s too over the top for the auditions. For a show NOT as popular as Idol it shouldn’t posture that it is.

2) The judges. This notion that America Love Paula & Simon has to be revisited. They’re annoying if anything. Nicole is TERRBILE and artificial, bring back Cheryl Cole or try and get Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, or some genuine US pop superstar. Nicole hasn’t made a solo career for herself let alone someone else.

3) Stop putting people through who have had successful careers. Almost all of the over 30’s have with Stacy Francis being the guiltiest and most promoted by the show.

4) Find a superstar not a soap opera. Chris Rene’s addict past is not going to make sing along to his talentless voice on the radio. Promote Melanie and Drew and get them better producers than the ones that worked with Lee DeWyze’s flop album.

5) No more botox. Simon, I’m talking to you. It’s creepy.

• Quedsday says:

Agreed on all points.

May I presume to ad,

6) No audio aribrushing like was done in the Judges Houses round. Its the first step to restore a faint smidge of honesty to the competition.
      7) Just one surprise-its-terrible act per night during the audition round, but nobody that clearly mentally ill and in need of help rather than a spotlight.

7. Kim R says:

8. Boiler says:

This or Idol. We don’t need 2 shows that basically produce mediocre talent except for very few exceptions

• Ben says:

The two shows are different. If you don’t want two, don’t watch two! If I had to pick one, I’d choose idol. But the reality is, Fox don’t have to pick one and they are not going to.