'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Tourney: Round 2 Begins With Bones vs. Psych, 24 vs. Jump Street

Round 2 of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament is officially underway, and by this time next week, our 32 remaining hotties will have been whittled down to just 16.

We’ve got a mix of “current” and “classic” characters doing battle today from 24, 21 Jump Street, Bones, and Psych.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Day 8: X Files vs. Dollhouse, Without a Trace vs. Cold Case

What does this mean to you and your family? It means that it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Day 7 of Hot-Cop Face-Off: Vote for Hawaii Five-0, Burn Notice, Chuck, Criminal Minds and More!

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. s says:

boreanaz vs. roday? OMG. WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU, TVLINE?? ugh. if I had to chose, it’s roday. equally crushable, but he’s the funniest guy on television and psych is my favorite show.

• GG says:

Amen and amen. Shawn Spen”star” all the way!

• Carrie says:

Shawn seems like the obvious choice to me. I used to think Boreanaz was hot when he was on “Buffy” & “Angel”, but James Roday is adorable & funny and I love his show. And, what kind of name is Seeley??

• kara trace says:

Not hard to choose at all: Boreanaz all the way!
      Proof: Booth vs Spencer – 70% vs 30%. BOOTH wins hands down! :)

2. K says:

shawn vs. booth!?!? NOOO!! It’s so hard to choose!

3. TigerNightmare says:

Shawn VS Angel, no contest, but Booth is such Fox News whore.

4. jen says:

if you this this one is tough just wait until Booth is up against Castle. That one is going to happen and it’s going to be a hard decision.

• Carmen says:

Well sure, but when you get to the 3rd round, having favorites go up against favorites is what has to happen.
      The way they have set up some of these matchups in the early rounds suggests that someone is on the take!!!
      I can see someone obscure sneaking through this on the strength of very friendly matchups.

5. Rose says:

Shawn Spencer against Booth. What torture to choose between those 2. I’ll go with Shawn because he makes me laugh.

6. Amanda says:

This is going to start getting really hard

7. Nicole says:

Booth for the win for me!!! :)

8. Saracen Riggins says:

I’m appalled that Jack Bauer is losing his race against Johnny Depp.

9. Karen says:

The two biggest mistakes in this brakcet:

1) Ben McKenzie isn’t even in the running for it (Slezak!)
    2) Siman Baker didn’t advance from the first round – In the words of Wallace Shawn; INCONCEIVABLE!

10. TJCrinc says:

Can we have castle vs booth tomorrow, you know its gunna be a great vote-fest.

11. O'Brien says:

I maintain that this whole thing is coming down to Booth v. Stabler.

12. Sara says:

Shawn is AWESOME. and thats all i have to say.

13. Jeff says:

This makes me mad! It’s about the most crushable not who’s good looking. Jack Bauer should easily take this poll. I mean 24 compared to 21 Jump Street. Ugh! Comeon now!

14. Michelle says:

Looking ahead at Castle vs. Booth. Man, that’s a “Sophie’s choice” if there ever was one!

15. that's like... says:

trying to choose between my dog and my cat, i refuse to pick one. or if i could i would choose both roday and boreanaz

16. sam says:

Boreanaz looks like an easter island stone. roday has adorability factors. And tiny Depp is best Depp.

17. Talor Carr says:

So…is who is the most crushable not the same as who is the best looking? If you have a crush on someone doesn’t that take into account how good they look and what makes you attracted to them? Is Jack Bauer a badass? Sure. But I don’t really find him crushable I just think he is cool. I love 21 Jumpstreet and I love Tommy Hanson therefore that is who I voted for. He is swoon worthy and he has a sense of humor which is what I personally find attractive. I hate to tell everyone this but finding out who is the most crushworthy DOES take into account how attractive you find them physically. People find Johnny Depp more attractive than Keifer Sutherland. If this was “Who is the coolest character?” than Jack Bauer would win. But it isn’t. So please. Get over it. It’s just the first day of voting.

18. Melody says:

Today was tough, but I made it through. I first need to send my apologies to Shawn and Jack. Although you both rock immensely – thank you specifically Shawn for rocking out in all your promos – I had to make a tough decision and vote against you. Again, I’m sorry. As for Booth and Hansen, you two are without a doubt crushable!

19. Sarah says:

I am a big a Shawn Spencer/James Roday fan as anybody. He is an incredibly funny character and actor. But with that said it’s Booth all the way for me when it comes the guy I am crushing on. He is so much hotter than Shawn and if you pay attention to Bones, he’s funny too!

20. Brittany says:

Aww man, first Rick Grimes loses, and then Sherlock, and now it looks like Shawn Spencer is losing.

The men I crush on just don’t have the best luck do they?

21. Ash says:

WHY??? I can’t choose between booth and shawn its like asking me to choose between my two favorite people in the world!!! Sooo I just clicked booth cause I may love him just a little bit more

22. Chase says:

Dude you all know that psych would beat all of them :))

23. Maybe it is me, but I don’t get the appeal of Booth as a character. He isn’t very bright (though it is my understanding they backed off of this well after I stopped watching the show), doesn’t seem to know how to do his job without outside help, and is (or was) as emotionally stunted as Brennan (and I have to believe that is a Deschanel trait, because I find both of them to be more akin to lifelike robots than actual people).
    Shawn Spencer may have had parents who didn’t know how to spell “Sean”, and he is all kinds of immature, but he seems much more like a real person to me, and one I would imagine (income and job security aside) would have much better luck with romantic partners in real life.
    So, vote for Shawn. He can’t win, but it can at least be respectable.

• Diana says:

Agreed. I mean I actually kinda of like Booth, but Shawn… Dude, he’s awesome! Absolutely perfect, flaws included. He is just so relatable and funny! Kinda of a dream boyfriend… ;) So really, no contest. It’s such a shame he’s losing… People have no taste…

24. Rosalie says:

no no no no NO ! I’m sorry … but it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to pick from either Booth or Shawn. I just … I CAN’T !!

25. janajee says:

I knew Shawn wouldn’t win and it’s such a shame because compared to Bones, Psych is so less well-known… but I’m sorry people, if you’re not watching Psych, then I do think that you need to look at your life and your choices.

26. Casey says:

Booth vs. Spencer?!?! That’s just mean!

27. Courtney says:

I can’t choose between Booth and Shawn! It’s not a fair question, their both too awesome!