'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Tourney: Round 2 Begins With Bones vs. Psych, 24 vs. Jump Street

Round 2 of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament is officially underway, and by this time next week, our 32 remaining hotties will have been whittled down to just 16.

We’ve got a mix of “current” and “classic” characters doing battle today from 24, 21 Jump Street, Bones, and Psych.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Day 8: X Files vs. Dollhouse, Without a Trace vs. Cold Case

What does this mean to you and your family? It means that it’s time to sit down and vote in the polls below, then alert your friends and fellow TV junkies to do the same!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your respective character crushes. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Day 7 of Hot-Cop Face-Off: Vote for Hawaii Five-0, Burn Notice, Chuck, Criminal Minds and More!

Oh, and if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (48)

• boreanaz vs. roday? OMG. WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU, TVLINE?? ugh. if I had to chose, it’s roday. equally crushable, but he’s the funniest guy on television and psych is my favorite show.

Comment by s – November 1, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen and amen. Shawn Spen”star” all the way!

Comment by GG – November 1, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shawn seems like the obvious choice to me. I used to think Boreanaz was hot when he was on “Buffy” & “Angel”, but James Roday is adorable & funny and I love his show. And, what kind of name is Seeley??

Comment by Carrie – November 1, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not hard to choose at all: Boreanaz all the way!
      Proof: Booth vs Spencer – 70% vs 30%. BOOTH wins hands down! :)

Comment by kara trace – November 1, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • shawn vs. booth!?!? NOOO!! It’s so hard to choose!

Comment by K – November 1, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn VS Angel, no contest, but Booth is such Fox News whore.

Comment by TigerNightmare – November 1, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if you this this one is tough just wait until Booth is up against Castle. That one is going to happen and it’s going to be a hard decision.

Comment by jen – November 1, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well sure, but when you get to the 3rd round, having favorites go up against favorites is what has to happen.
      The way they have set up some of these matchups in the early rounds suggests that someone is on the take!!!
      I can see someone obscure sneaking through this on the strength of very friendly matchups.

Comment by Carmen – November 1, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn Spencer against Booth. What torture to choose between those 2. I’ll go with Shawn because he makes me laugh.

Comment by Rose – November 1, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here, but so does Booth – love his “Cocky” belt buckle and crazy socks!

Comment by Victoria – November 1, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to start getting really hard

Comment by Amanda – November 1, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s what she said!

oh my god, I’m sorry. couldn’t resist.

Comment by Alex – November 1, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth for the win for me!!! :)

Comment by Nicole – November 1, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m appalled that Jack Bauer is losing his race against Johnny Depp.

Comment by Saracen Riggins – November 1, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I’m appalled that Johnny Depp is not winning by a larger margin. He’s the ultimate crush-worthy cop while Baurer isn’t even good looking.

Comment by annie – November 1, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think people are voting for Johnny Depp and not Tommy Hanson. It’s supposed to be about the characters, people!

Comment by Jenn – November 1, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is also about the attractiveness of the person playing the character. Johnny Depp and James Roday for the win!

Comment by the girl – November 1, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tommy Hanson was not only WAY more attractive than Jack Bauer, but he was also really funny. Good looks and humor are the perfect combination!

Comment by Rain – November 2, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. Badass vs. babyface. No contest for me. I think most of the people who are voting have never even watched Jump Street.

Comment by Renee – November 1, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jack Bauer losing to Tommy Hansen is a crime itself. Am i on the other side or something

Comment by BRJericho7 – November 1, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The two biggest mistakes in this brakcet:

1) Ben McKenzie isn’t even in the running for it (Slezak!)
    2) Siman Baker didn’t advance from the first round – In the words of Wallace Shawn; INCONCEIVABLE!

Comment by Karen – November 1, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!! Where is Ben??

Comment by Erin – November 1, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we have castle vs booth tomorrow, you know its gunna be a great vote-fest.

Comment by TJCrinc – November 1, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I maintain that this whole thing is coming down to Booth v. Stabler.

Comment by O'Brien – November 1, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now this would be a hard choice! And it might just happen. Boreanaz vs Meloni, Booth vs Stabler, what a throwdown!

Comment by kara trace – November 1, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, I think it will ultimately be Booth vs. Mulder, with Booth winning it all.

Comment by elr – November 2, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^^ I would love that outcome!

Comment by Jen – November 7, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shawn is AWESOME. and thats all i have to say.

Comment by Sara – November 1, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me mad! It’s about the most crushable not who’s good looking. Jack Bauer should easily take this poll. I mean 24 compared to 21 Jump Street. Ugh! Comeon now!

Comment by Jeff – November 1, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking ahead at Castle vs. Booth. Man, that’s a “Sophie’s choice” if there ever was one!

Comment by Michelle – November 1, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • trying to choose between my dog and my cat, i refuse to pick one. or if i could i would choose both roday and boreanaz

Comment by that's like... – November 1, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boreanaz looks like an easter island stone. roday has adorability factors. And tiny Depp is best Depp.

Comment by sam – November 1, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So…is who is the most crushable not the same as who is the best looking? If you have a crush on someone doesn’t that take into account how good they look and what makes you attracted to them? Is Jack Bauer a badass? Sure. But I don’t really find him crushable I just think he is cool. I love 21 Jumpstreet and I love Tommy Hanson therefore that is who I voted for. He is swoon worthy and he has a sense of humor which is what I personally find attractive. I hate to tell everyone this but finding out who is the most crushworthy DOES take into account how attractive you find them physically. People find Johnny Depp more attractive than Keifer Sutherland. If this was “Who is the coolest character?” than Jack Bauer would win. But it isn’t. So please. Get over it. It’s just the first day of voting.

Comment by Talor Carr – November 1, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Today was tough, but I made it through. I first need to send my apologies to Shawn and Jack. Although you both rock immensely – thank you specifically Shawn for rocking out in all your promos – I had to make a tough decision and vote against you. Again, I’m sorry. As for Booth and Hansen, you two are without a doubt crushable!

Comment by Melody – November 1, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a big a Shawn Spencer/James Roday fan as anybody. He is an incredibly funny character and actor. But with that said it’s Booth all the way for me when it comes the guy I am crushing on. He is so much hotter than Shawn and if you pay attention to Bones, he’s funny too!

Comment by Sarah – November 1, 2011 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww man, first Rick Grimes loses, and then Sherlock, and now it looks like Shawn Spencer is losing.

The men I crush on just don’t have the best luck do they?

Comment by Brittany – November 1, 2011 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY??? I can’t choose between booth and shawn its like asking me to choose between my two favorite people in the world!!! Sooo I just clicked booth cause I may love him just a little bit more

Comment by Ash – November 2, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude you all know that psych would beat all of them :))

Comment by Chase – November 2, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe it is me, but I don’t get the appeal of Booth as a character. He isn’t very bright (though it is my understanding they backed off of this well after I stopped watching the show), doesn’t seem to know how to do his job without outside help, and is (or was) as emotionally stunted as Brennan (and I have to believe that is a Deschanel trait, because I find both of them to be more akin to lifelike robots than actual people).
    Shawn Spencer may have had parents who didn’t know how to spell “Sean”, and he is all kinds of immature, but he seems much more like a real person to me, and one I would imagine (income and job security aside) would have much better luck with romantic partners in real life.
    So, vote for Shawn. He can’t win, but it can at least be respectable.

Comment by Timothy McNeil – November 2, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I mean I actually kinda of like Booth, but Shawn… Dude, he’s awesome! Absolutely perfect, flaws included. He is just so relatable and funny! Kinda of a dream boyfriend… ;) So really, no contest. It’s such a shame he’s losing… People have no taste…

Comment by Diana – November 3, 2011 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no no no no NO ! I’m sorry … but it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to pick from either Booth or Shawn. I just … I CAN’T !!

Comment by Rosalie – November 2, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew Shawn wouldn’t win and it’s such a shame because compared to Bones, Psych is so less well-known… but I’m sorry people, if you’re not watching Psych, then I do think that you need to look at your life and your choices.

Comment by janajee – November 3, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth vs. Spencer?!?! That’s just mean!

Comment by Casey – November 3, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t choose between Booth and Shawn! It’s not a fair question, their both too awesome!

Comment by Courtney – November 4, 2011 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post