Exclusive

Gossip Girl Exclusive: Michelle Trachtenberg Returning For [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT]!

A holy terror alert has been issued for New York’s Upper East Side, and here’s why: Georgina Sparks is headed back to town!

Gossip Girl exec producer Josh Safran confirms to TVLine exclusively that professional pot-stirrer Michelle Trachtenberg is returning to the show for a sizeable arc.

And far be it from her to slip in quietly in the night, Georgina’s reentry has been timed for maximum impact.

“Her first episode back is our 100th episode,” Safran reveals of the show’s milestone outing, which is set to air in early 2012. “Her arc is unlike anything that she has done before on the show. Of course, she still is Georgina and all that implies, it’s just taking that in a new direction.”

When last seen in the Season 4 finale, the now-married mother of one — bored to death by domestic life — returned to the UES looking for some trouble. What she found was an unlikely kindred spirit in interloper Charlie. (Ms. Sparks skedaddled shortly after discovering Charlie’s Big Secret, which is sure to make their reunion a tense one.)

But wait, there’s more: The sixth coming of Georgina promises to take on added dramatic effect when you learn what Gossip Girl‘s 100th episode revolves around — a burning question I will be answering this evening in the Nov. 1 edition of Ask Ausiello.

Hint: It’s a doozy.

Until then, feel free to welcome — or unwelcome — Georgina back in the comments!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Allie says:

Wow, best GG news I’ve heard in a long time. This show could use a little trouble-making.

2. Logistics says:

Is there any logical reason she has not been added to the show full time? Has Trachtenberg denied the offers? What gives?

• E says:

I think she’s had a couple of failed pilots. I remember one was Mercy.

• r0ckmypants says:

Mercy wasn’t a failed pilot. It aired a full season on NBC, and probably should’ve been renewed considering NBC’s dire ratings strait.

• Desola says:

Like Jean-Ralphio in Parks and recreation, the best characters seem to be the ones that pop up occasionally. I think it’s better that she recurs, it adds a spice to episodes that have been dragging along.

• CK says:

Because she works better as a recurring character. Her appearances are big Gossip Girl events, her character would not have as much impact if she was simply cooking up new schemes every week. It would also render Blair a bit pointless as she is the show’s regular go to person for schemes even though she has somewhat mellowed recently.

3. Heba says:

I’m glad Georgina’s back! It’s not Gossip Girl without her!!

4. E says:

I hope we get some Dan/Blair in the 100th!

5. miri says:

I been waiting this news since the stary of this season, Wellcome back. Georgina we miss you so much… Bring Milo with you please

6. shuayb says:

Yes! Very Awesome news!!!! I love Georgina and her appearance will be awesome!!!! Bet its to do with the paternity of blairs child!!! Hehehehehehehehehe

7. Raksha says:

Woah! This is great news! I love me some Trachtenberg!

8. Sandra says:

I love Georgina. So yay! Now I’m really curious about the 100th episode news.

9. Summer says:

Yes! Yes yes yes! While I’m glad they never made her a series regular – I’m afraid the writers would somehow ruin the character if that were to happen – I love that she’s never gone for too long.

10. Tammy says:

Oh good a guest star for gossip girl with a sizeable arc. Can you feel the excitement?

I knew they would have to write in a new guest star for the second half soon. God forbid they write for main characters. So we can expect the second half to be all about Georgina. I believe Josh Schwartz even commented once that it is bad for a show when it is all guest stars. Can not wait to hear about the 300 guest stars that will be supporting Georgina and her storyline.

I honestly wish the media would be a little tougher on Safran.

11. Emily says:

I would love for Georgina to somehow be involved in helping Chuck get Blair back. That would be a dream story line for me.

That being said, welcome back, Georgie! You’re way more interesting that Louis and Diana Payne combined.

12. Allie says:

Also, looking forward to your scoop about the 100th- hope it’s CB-related :)

13. lol no says:

Delusional Dair fan. Like they will actually give people Dair for the important 100th episode. Get over yourself.

• Elle says:

Just curious as to what the point of comments like these are? Do you KNOW what’s going to happen on the show? Stop telling people what they can and can’t be excited for. Chair fans don’t own Gossip Girl.

• lol yes says:

I laugh because you’re in for a rude awakening. Just you wait and see.

• lol at your life says:

If you have info to share, share it. If you really think they will have something concerning dair for the 100th episode, then lol at your life.

14. No name says:

“…when you learn what Gossip Girl‘s 100th episode revolves around — a burning question I will be answering this evening in the Nov. 1 edition of Ask Ausiello.”

The only burning questions revolve around Chuck and Blair. Maybe he’ll tell us what comes after that kiss…if it already hasn’t been figured out.

• Elle says:

“The only burning questions revolve around Chuck and Blair.”

lol…no

• lol yes says:

Are you going to reply to every comment concerning Chair? Don’t be so hypocritical.

• Ashley says:

Now who’s acting like they know what is going to happen on the show? The biggest question I can think of is who the father of Blair’s baby really is, whether it’s actually Louie’s or not. So it would make sense that people are assuming it revolves around Chuck and Blair.

• Beth says:

It’s obviously a slap because Blair isn’t interested in being with Chuck for the first time in three seasons, good for her.

15. ggny says:

the reason she hasnt been made a regular imo is because making her a regular would kill the character that she is…what is she gonna do if she stick around full time? date nate? she works best when she can pop up during a season and cause trouble

16. Alexis says:

I think the fact that this is her “sixth coming” shows that she is way overplayed and that they need to get a new idea

17. O'Brien says:

This is GOLD. The thing I love about Georgina? She brings out the bitch in everybody. Blair, Serena, Chuck, Dan, heck, I think Nate even makes somewhat angry faces at her. I’d love to see her come along and give Blair the kick she needs to break out of this storyline where she’s subjugating herself to the whims and desires of others instead of being her own person. Last season, Blair said she couldn’t be with Chuck because she wanted to be her own woman first. She’s abandoned that. Georgie could be the cure!

I also posit that the 100th is Blair’s wedding. Just saying. It’s going to be a disastersplosion, so why not?

18. Chalice says:

I’m a huge Darena fan but Georgina and Dan better have some scenes together, they’re amazing together.

19. Monique says:

Lord..GG NEEDS this!! Sadly GG has be horrible the past 2 seasons….

20. Luke says:

Pretty obvious… Miss Sparks is going to hook up with either Dan or Chuck, which will make Blair jealous, thus revealing her true feelings for whichever boy it was.

21. Wendy says:

I’m very excited she’s coming back during the 100th episode!
    This should be fun!

22. Liz says:

I do too. Plus I think her character would be more around those two seeing as she did trick Dan into being a baby daddy. And her and Blair have always been nemesis

23. kirk says:

ooh yes one of my favorites is back….i miss little J tho (pretty reckless)

24. Dennis says:

Michelle Trachtenberg should have been a SERIES REGULAR by now. It’s beyond me that they didn’t make her one this season. Anyway, I love that she’s back and looking forward for whatever trouble she’s causing. GG with Georgina is always the better show!!!!

25. Captain says:

I like Georgina but her character has no purpose. She was genius in Season 1 but every reappearance since-then has been a pointless publicity stunt. Really, what did she do in Seasons 2,3 and 4 that were even remotely as interesting as she was in Season 1? Every time she comes back it just feels like a cheap stunt to get people to watch and it never pays off.

26. dee123 says:

Let me guess she’ll be on the good side this time & take down the über annoying Diana Payne.

27. Violet says:

Really hope there’s some Dair in there!

• Chiara says:

Dair????
      Yesterday I saw some new pictures of Blair without her ring of engagement. Perhaps this news and the arrival of Georgina coincide. So go Chair!!!!!!!!!!!
      And how nice is to see her again.

28. Carly says:

Love crazy Georgie! Can’t wait for your scoops on the 100th :)

29. Will says:

FINALLY!
    I’ve been waiting for Georgina to make a comeback since the S5 premiere. To hear that her arc’s going to be extended makes it all the more better! I still think they should’ve promoted Georgina as opposed to Charlie/Ivy. No one cares about her… Now if only Juliet could make a comeback as well.

30. Mehr says:

I think Ivy/Charlie calls Georgina to help her get rid of Diana Payne, but then Georgina obviously sticks around to cause some more trouble.

• chris08 says:

Yeah!! Well, if someone calls a Genie for a help, surely there’s a price to pay.. And Georgina is like that.. Hahaha!! Actually, she’s one of my favorite characters in GG!! Welcome back, G!! Go and run the UES!!

31. kess says:

This is very good news. I’m 4 episodes into this season in the UK and it needs a kick already. I was hoping to see the news that Sebastian Stan would return but MT returning is better.

32. gossip girl asian says:

woww.. yeahhhh!!!
    GEORGINA SPARKS IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! YEYYYYY!!!!
    so Happy !!… i hope this time… she really very useful and very exciting in the storyline…
    bcoz last few season her story line come back to town was useful.
    hopefully this time her RETURN MUST BE VERY EXCITING AND BOOMING!!!

what about juliet sharp??
    georgina team with juliet? hahaha

whatever i know Georgina will Take Diana Down!

hopefully JOSH AND STEPHANIE make her to play until the finale of SEASON 5!!!!
    xx

33. Pete says:

I love Michelle Trachtenberg and I really hope that they continue to have Georgina Sparks appear throughout the show’s run. I feel that Georgina should be that character who comes in and out from time to time. I like that she comes in and wreaks major havoc and then quietly leaves. However, when we start to wonder what she is up to, she pops up again.

Michelle even said in an interview that while she has been trying to find her own show and been doing a bunch of other things. She still wants to play Georgina. I feel that while Georgina is not a regular character, she is still important to the show. I feel that each of the main characters need a little Georgina in their lives.

I also like that when we think that they have gotten rid of Georgina for good, they always find some reason to bring her back.

34. Michelle Trachtenberg is one of the most beautiful caucasian actresses that have been on the movies. I really love that girl.