The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

On your TV this Tuesday: Glee gets a touch o’ the Irish, the New Girl gets an eyeful, Annie Walker gets a taste of a hot dish, and more. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories, here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Glee (Fox) | A foreign exchange student (Damian McGinty of The Glee Project) clashes with Brittany, who thinks he’s a leprechaun; Mercedes tries to recruit members for Shelby’s newly formed glee club; Sue’s congressional campaign heats up.

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | The NCIS team searches for answers when the current husband of both Gibbs’s and Fornell’s ex-wife (Mad Men‘s Melinda McGraw) is suspiciously kidnapped.

Ringer Casting Scoop: Ex Marks the Spot for Rescue Me‘s Andrea Roth

9 pm Ringer (The CW) | “Siobhan” is forced to reveal she has a twin to Andrew and Henry when Machado starts closing in; Henry becomes a suspect in Gemma’s whereabouts; Malcolm escapes his kidnappers.

9 pm Dancing With the Stars results show (ABC) | Accompanied by dancers Mark Ballas and Chelsie Hightower, Justin Bieber and Boyz II Men collaborate on performance of “Fa La La,” a new single from Beebs’ Christmas album. Bieber will also perform his megahit, “Never Say Never.”

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | Jess stumbles upon — and laughs at — a naked Nick at the very worst moment: just as he’s about to go on a date with Lake Bell’s hot-yet-hinky bartender; Winston labors to catch up on all the pop-culture references he missed when playing basketball overseas.

9:30 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | After learning that Hope hit a boy at day care, the family attempts to stop arguing, fearing that she will follow in her serial killer mom’s footsteps.

Dancing With the Stars Halloween Night Recap: Monster’s Ballroom

10 pm Covert Affairs (USA Network) | Midseason premiere: Coming off a run of bad luck (including getting the boot from her sister’s home), Annie unwittingly gets sucked into a new assignment when she meets a chef (Heroes‘ Santiago Cabrera) who cooks the future!!! No, actually it’s just Spanish food. On the subject of eye candy, the ladies get much shirtless, sweaty Jai, while the guys get Annie wielding [swoon] power tools.

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | A much-needed family night doesn’t go as Kristina expected; Julia oversteps her boundaries with Zoe; Zeek continues to have mixed emotions about Sarah’s involvement with Seth.

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | In an episode that should furnish some of Katey Sagal’s 2012 Emmy reel, Piney’s body is quietly discovered, SAMCRO’s association with the Galindo Cartel his yet another snag and fuels yet another massive shootout, and a fed-up Jax tells Clay how it’s gonna be.

10 pm Unforgettable (CBS) | Carrie’s investigation into the death of her sister moves forward, until it threatens to hinder the search for a missing infant.

What will you be watching this Tuesday evening?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Scott says:

8 – NCIS – The team looks for answers when the current husband of Gibbs and Fornell’s ex-wife is abducted. – CBS
    9 – NCIS: Los Angeles – The team must establish whether a dishonorably discharged Marine committed a murder or is being framed. – CBS
    10 – Unforgettable – After a single father is murdered, Carrie desperately searches for the killer and the man’s infant; the investigation into the death of Carrie’s sister progresses. – CBS
    11 – Covert Affairs – After failing a mission in Venice, Annie is quickly provided with a new assignment when she meets a chef with ties to the Basque separatist movement, ETA. Catch the adventure when Covert Affairs returns – USA

10 – Body of Proof – The team must determine a cause of death when a popular 17-year-old student is found dead after a rave with various unknown drugs in his system; Megan decides to start dating again. – ABC
    1am – Flashpoint – Ed gambles with his own safety; Robyn drains her family bank accounts to help Dan get out of debt; Dan confesses his love for Robyn. – ION

2. fernando says:

90210, Ringer, and Body Of Proof, I have to DVR Parenthood and then atch Covert Affiars online, my tuesdays night are always the biggest every year but Wed. are my fav. night this year thanks to Revenge.

3. kevin says:

PARENTHOOD returns after a week long break and NBC better keep the family spirit alive as least it means on how many seasons this feel good drama going to last.

4. Jenny says:

Glee, New Girl, Raising Hope, and Parenthood. I love my Tuesdays!

5. jennrae says:

Are Parenthood and Sons of Anarchy any good? I typically stick to Dexter, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Good Wife, Justified, Damages, True Blood, Covert Affairs, Psych, AHS, and a few others, but I’ve got a little more room in my schedule. Can anyone suggest anything I might like, more in the vein of the cable shows? It doesn’t have to be currently on TV, for example I’ve been thinking about trying The Wire. Thanks for any tips! :)

• Steph says:

Parenthood is awesome! Best family drama around, for sure.

• Steph says:

Oh and all the episodes are on Netflix online.

• jj says:

Yes! Sons is awesome. If you love Breaking Bad, etc.. you will appreciate SOA. I eatch pretty much the same stuff as you. I am starting The Wire too this week.

• Mike says:

Agreed, SOA is fantastic (there are also eps on Netflix streaming for this too but not all of them). I caught up on that and The Wire this summer. Enjoy The Wire, jj…you’re in for a treat from start to finish!

• fernando says:

Try Body Of Proof

• fernando says:

Try Body Of Proof

• FamousArtist says:

HOMELAND (Showtime) is about as good as TV can get. So good that I added it to my cable package. Parenthood is great -best casting on TV maybe. Nurse Jackie and C word are other Showtime greats.

• Veruca Salt says:

SOA is incredible. Catch the first two seasons streaming on Netflix and then rent or buy the third season. It is my favorite show on TV. I look forward to it all year long.

• someone says:

LOVE Psych and Dexter, two of my favorite shows. Have you tried The Walking Dead on AMC? It’s pretty great (1st season is streaming on Netflix if you’d like to check it out). The Wire is pretty gripping, I’d highly recommend, but I only watched the first season. Homeland on SHO is another possibility. aaaand because I’m a huge Nathan Fillion fan, I’ll also recommend Castle.

• MCS says:

Sons of Anarchy & The Shield (not on anymore). Both fantastic shows, I watch basically all the same things as you.

6. AJ says:

Sons of Anarchy>>>All of Tuesday nights. and just starting season 5 of the wire. Great show.

7. Erika says:

I will be watching Glee and Ringer. I will definitely be flashing back the DWTS results show during Ringer.

8. cher says:

Watching NCIS – Ringer – Covert Affairs.. DVR NCIS LA, New Girl and Unforgettable. Still not sure about New Girl and Unforgettable but will watch a few more before making a decision.

9. Guy says:

Yikes so much TV to watch. Glee, Ringer, Covert Affairs, Body of Proof, NCIS and Parenthood.

10. M says:

Watching Glee, Ringer, and Covert Affairs. :)

11. Gwen says:

“Covert Affairs” is back…yay!!

12. alr says:

I really want to watch Covert Affairs but I think I’m in too deep with SOA to back out now. Last week’s ep really had me reeling and I’m also scared to see what happens with the rest of the season. Guess I’ll try to catch Covert Affairs on USA’s website.

• grannygeek says:

do you DVR? or stay up late? Covert Affairs broadcasts again after midnight hearabouts. Even with a DVR and two pvrs (hauppauge) I still rely on the netlets’ rebroadcasts to get ’em all in. And then watch the rest of the week until i run out on Saturday.

13. Lucas says:

So excited for tonight’s Sons of Anarchy! Even though there has been a serious lack of Katey Sagal’s Gemma this season compared to past seasons, she better be nominated for an Emmy and win just to make up for her season 2 snub! She is amazing in this role. Far cry from Peggy Bundy and it deserves more recognition.

14. Plum says:

He cooks the future? Yum! He looks totally different in the pic, I love Annie’s dress. I love that Covert Affairs films all over the globe, how seriously cool is that? That Doug Liman is too much.

I am looking forward to Raising Hope, I was wondering when that whole nature versus nuture thing was gonna come up with little Hope.

15. xav says:

NCIS was quite good, as always, but I didn’t like the episode as much as I’ve liked the other ones this season. Although there are lots of funny scenes and a really good Gibbs scene at the end.

16. Snapy says:

I gave up on Glee, so just Ringer tonight.

17. austen. says:

Yes! Covert Affairs is back.

18. Kelly says:

GLEE! is finally back on TV!!!! So excited!!! Also glad that New Girl is back on and Covert Affairs!! and of course Body of Proof, but that never left thank goodness.

19. gerald says:

Ringer! So looking forward to the returned of one of my new favorite shows…. I really hope people watch it as well and that it does well, but with the return of New Girl, I’m worried.

20. Famous Artist says:

Tuesday is so rife with goodies even my DVR cannot handle it! The return of Covert Affairs really confuses everything in the 10 o’clock slot.

21. Marcus says:

I quit Glee, but I’m glad to see New Girl back.

22. Renee says:

I’ve really been looking forward to seeing the EX on NCIS. This should be entertaining. What was Gibb’s line about something good that happened during his marriage to her…she shut her finger in the car door once. Deadpan delivery.

23. Michael says:

RINGER!!! :D

24. Doug-H says:

DVR Body of Proof
    1am/DVR/On Demand Covert Affairs

Having most stuff On Demand has helped DVR overload… only problem I have is that FOX On Demand blocks FF’ing through commercials.. CBS does not and their breaks are very short so not worth FF’ing through..

As discussed, not all shows are available On Demand… For instance HIMYM is available online but not On Demand.. Same with Unforgettable..

Also, another great 10pm show that I don’t get in Charlotte but I get in FL is Flashpoint ( an advertiser on this site)… ION is basic cable in many places but not in Charlotte so I have to DVR at my other location and watch from there…

25. kevin says:

Really don’t watch UNFORGETTABLE on Tuesdays ’cause it’s by far the worst new crime drama I’ve seen in years and ABC better “man up” in order to cancel MAN UP! the night after it airs and way worse than CBS’ HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN.

26. Brandy says:

90210,raising hope

27. ceebee says:

Live –
    New Girl
    Raising Hope

DVR –

28. Lisa says:

Last Man Standing
    New Girl
    Raising Hope
    Bones (TNT)
    Covert Affairs

29. BonnieW says:

Parenthood (the best family show since Friday Night Lights)
    DVR – New Girl, Ringer, and Covert Affairs.
    I’m done with Unforgettable.

30. Rose says:

I’m happy that “Covert Affairs” is back. Even better is that CA has Santiago Cabrera tonight. He was great on “Heroes” but rocks “Merlin” as Lancelot.

31. Carrie says:

“Ringer” & “Parenthood”.

32. Hal says:

Glee and Ringer.

33. Judy Tankoos says:

NCIS, NCIS LA, Unforgettable. DVR’ing Covert Affairs.