Revenge Scoop: Rescue Me Star to Recur as [Spoiler]'s Divorce Lawyer

Rescue Me‘s James McCaffrey is hungry for a little Revenge.

The actor — who played guardian angel Jimmy Keefe to Denis Leary’s Tommy Gavin on the FX drama — is joining the wonderfully frothy ABC soap in a major recurring role, sources confirm to TVLine.

His character, Ryan Huntley, is a take-charge, no-BS attorney who has represented the husband of currently comatose Lydia in their nasty divorce. We’ll quickly learn that Ryan’s motives extend beyond winning the case.

Might this be a clue that Lydia’s about to awake from her summer slumber?

McCaffrey is set to debut in this season’s 10th episode, which is slated to air in January.

Comments (7)

• It seems everyone has an ulterior motive in these type of shows….not that I’m complaining. As for Lydia, I just knew she wasn’t dead. The episode she was thrown off the building, if you noticed her eyes blinked! Besides, this is a soap opera….. I’m happy cause it means more trouble and I like Amber Valleta and the character. Oh and just in case anyone is wondering ******************SPOILERS*************** Lydia wakes up from her come in episode 8, but she has amnesia

Comment by gerald – October 31, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the original max payne!

Comment by TJCrinc – October 31, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CANNOT! Believe she survived falling and smashing right on top of a taxi! I mean come on! Is this the Dynasty eppisode where Alexis falls and in mid-air shifts to land on top of her son!?

But I love this show!

Comment by David – October 31, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is relatively farfetched, but she only fell 5 floors, and the roof of the taxi collapsed to absorb some of the force, so it’s not completely impossible.

Comment by CJ – October 31, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I agree, it is farfetched what do you expect? This is a soap opera, besides you can survive falling ( haven’t you heard of Alcides Moreno?)…. but again it’s just a tv show, we’re not looking for realism here, it’s soapy escapism fun.
      As for your Dynasty comment, it made my day! You got it wrong though, she landed on top of her on and off boyfriend and ex husband Dex Dexter, not her son.

Comment by Gerald – October 31, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one that is sad there’s going to be quite a break coming up for Revenge viewers? I know it’s common for shows to have such a break, but ABC has spoiled me with several episodes in a row!

Comment by Winnie – October 31, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Lydia was dead but was pleasantly surprised last week to find out she’s in a coma. She’s a great character and has ties to a lot of the others. I didn’t realize there was a big break coming up? I turned quite a few people onto this show and they have watched some on line but out of order. ABC might be wise to put the reruns on in order.(Lifetime is killing me running Grey’s with George’s father dying one day and the next he’s alive.)Revenge is getting a lot of buzz and I hope it gets renewed.

Comment by smd – October 31, 2011 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post