Exclusive

Exclusive House Video: Chase and Taub are Back!

If it’s House’s goal to make Chase (Jesse Spencer) and Taub’s (Peter Jacobson) first day back at work as painfully uncomfortable as possible, the cantankerous healer succeeds with flying colors.

The medicine men formally rejoin Team Diagnostic in House‘s Nov. 7 episode, and within the first 30 seconds of their arrival, House manages to both criticize Chase’s scruffy new appearance and stir up awkward romantic tension between him and rookie MD Adams (Odette Annable).

House Exclusive: Two and a Half Men Scene-Stealer Checks in as [Spoiler Alert]!

Taub, meanwhile, is treated to an equally inauspicious welcoming — but this time the perpetrator is the internal-censor-deprived Park (Charlyne Yi).

Press play below and prepare to shift uncomfortably in your seat.

Loading video...

Want House scoop and spoilers ’round the clock? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Scoop, Spoilers, Video

1. Ems says:

Are we going to find out about what happened to Taub’s babies? Seeing as its been over a year since we last saw him, he must have at least one bundle of joy at home. Also, who is he with???

2. Kiki says:

another week without Chase :( the 7th can’t come fast enough !

3. Liz says:

I officially ship Taub/Park (Tark? Paub?) now LMAO Can’t wait for tonight’s episode!

4. Kyle says:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz… wake me up when the show… well, don’t wake me up.

5. kevin says:

Without Thirteen and of course Cuddy looks like HOUSE is still losing it and with Taub and Chase back on, looks like it’s the beginning of the end of the grumpy doc’s last hurrah.

• coren says:

So Cuddy and 13 leaving is bad and shows that the show is “losing it” but adding back other cast members means the same thing? k

6. witch_89 says:

I want Thirteen and Cuddy!!! :( :( :(

• Scott P says:

I second that motion!!!!!

• Tom says:

Tempting, but no. First, how many sendoffs does a character need? 13 is free at last, no need to drag her back. Second, after what House did to Cuddy, the only way she could have any dignity was to leave, which (co)incidentally(?) enough fits with LE’s failed contract renewal.

• J.Norman says:

I’m still waiting (or hoping for) and explanation of 2 things.

1) Why Cuddy would have to leave her job when House was the one in jail.

2) How Foreman became Dean of Medicine WITH THESE CREDENTIALS.

– Most all of his work experience was with House (The guy in prison with a record of needing Psychiatric care)

– Nearly losing his medical license for interfering with a medical trial for a Huntingtons drug.

– Being fired from a lower level job (Head of Department) at another hospital. His only similar experience.

• T-o-m says:

Easy
          1.) The show is called House so of course the onus lies with the victim of his assault to get the hell out of dodge.
          2.) No1curr

• D says:

It’s a lose-lose situation. If they had brought in an entirely new person, you know you’d be complaining about why this person would hire House based on his past. If people like you would be honest and stopped putting up the front that the show could have actually done something to satisfy you short of getting canceled and David Shore giving you a piece of his fortune, we could avoid asinine comments like these.

• J.Norman says:

I don’t need a piece of his fortune. I’m already doing fine.

And unlike a person who kneels – like you. I like to get some kind of rationale for things and not just some fantasy.
            It’s too bad that David Shore painted himself into such a corner. I know he was shocked at the overall response to his slam bang season ender.
            And by the way, You are probably right about me and others questioning why House should be back at all. He really wouldn’t be (back) in a real world situation, but this is TV and people like you will swallow anything.
            And you didn’t address at all why Foreman is where he is.

• D says:

@J.Norman
            This is a show about a doctor who sees one patient a week, sexually harassed his boss, and is head of a department, where, under normal circumstances at a real hospital, would not ever exist. We passed “rationale for things” and “swallowing anything on TV” about… Three minutes into Episode 1 of the first season?

• Rex says:

I wonder if Cuddy had any say in her successor. Perhaps she recommended Foreman and that recommendation carried a lot of weight with the board of directors. Just a guess. I wonder if they’ll ever tell us.

• Moth says:

I couldn´t care less about 13 but the show needs Cuddy.

7. Alicia says:

Whoa, the writers are suggesting Chase and pretty girl number fiftyleven would look cute together. That’s like unheard of

8. Jackie Hamrick says:

I missed episode 2 what happend to cuddy why is she not on the show

• ^^ says:

Cuddy was kidnapped by Klingons and is now shacking up with the High Chancellor on the Home World.

• Jazz Girl says:

To David Shore,

It’s over. The show has run it’s brilliant course. But that’s it. It’s all the same schtick over and over, but this time it’s just plan repetitive and boring. House has completely stopped evolving. He’s no longer interesting and doesn’t challenge his doctors. The narratives are an afterthought and very much like the ones from last seasons. I never thought I’d ever even think this, but the show is now bland – and there is no longer any place to go.

Cuddy is gone and so is the sexual tension. Annable is bland and has no chemistry with Chase or anyone for that matter, plus the fact is she’s a pretty bland actress. The return of Taub and Chase does nothing. Who cares about Taub’s babies? Chase is also bland because he is not allowed to really participate. Without the chemistry with Annable, there is nothing for him.

The real tragedy is Foreman. Omar Epps is a great actor and has shown it throughout the heyday of House. He is now reduced to taking Cuddy’s job of trying to rein House in and keep him out of prison. They give him absolutely nothing to do, but make frustrated faces and walk out of the room. There is no interaction with him and the others, plus he was a great doctor. Why would his former character want to do this. Makes no sense. And House’s best friend is also doing his same schtick but also without the depth and tension.

This show was so innovative and amazing, that I’m not surprised it couldn’t go much further. Stop while you’re ahead. I’m still watching, but feel very sad. Please don’t do this another season. You had a fantastic run. Jennifer, Olivia and Lisa jumped ship and that was the beginning. They had depth and tension and were perfect actresses for this show. They got out before it got embarrassing. And the show is now embarrasing.

Crashing into Cuddy’s house should have been the end. It made total sense and would have left viewers both unsatisfied and satisfied and that’s what it’s all about.

9. John says:

It’s bland now. Just like The Office, House has just lost it. I don’t feel excited or feel the atmosphere or connection. They need to bring back 13 and Cuddy. I won’t be tuning in anymore

• carlos says:

other. is what I like. definitely

• Crosby says:

I don’t miss either in the least. I’m interested to see where this is going.

• Ellen in NYC says:

I agree that it’s bland, but not because of 13 or Cuddy. These two new characters are seriously boring. Get rid of them!

I’ll be happy when they bring back Taub and Chase. Less air time for those other two. Wish Amber Tamblyn could have stayed, at least she had some zip.

10. Marcy Prager says:

I, for one, think that the writers are back on track to bring back the original story lines that made me watch House in the first season. We don’t need Cuddy or 13 to do that. The story lines are the attraction – solving the hard cases, a cantankerous and brilliant doctor, and his team…Each episode so far brings back House’s originality. I applaud the writers for listening to the public and eliminating the Broadway musical craziness of last year. There is plenty of good story-line pick-ups from last year…All will be revealed I suspect.

11. JoJo says:

Laurie is too freaking talented for this crap,he along with those 9 million idiots still watching need to move on.

12. Kevin says:

Same thing season, after season, after season.
    Weird case comes in. Try a bunch of crap, things seem to work, then don’t. House has some crazy epiphany, and figures out the problem and cures the patient.
    If you ask me. LAST season should have spent more time with him in the Psych Hospital and this season should have left him in jail longer. At least it was a nice change from the same weekly, mudane, BS, that we are used to and are so bored of.

• Jesse says:

Well, obviously this is not the show for you.
      House is about cases no one else could solve, so if you remove the cases, you have removed the show.

• coren says:

He hasn’t been in the psych hospital since season 6. And of course most episodes run the same, it’s a medical procedural, more or less. That’s like complaining that CSI has too much forensics. (Also, what’s this “we” stuff)

13. Steph says:

She left. Finally had enough of babysitting House.

14. Marianela says:

What happened to Cuddy? We want her back!

15. Louise says:

Did anyone notice the spoiler alert about scene stealer from Two & a Half Men? Wonder if Charlie Sheen will be a patient for House. Now that would be interesting!

• Ellen in NYC says:

I’ve thought that Charlie would make an excellent choice for a guest on House. He needs to do something to keep himself in the public eye between now and the time his FX show makes it to air. I’d like to see him to do a few dramatic roles.

16. JoanF says:

Are they trying to get Chase to look like House? What’s with the beard?

17. Elsie Gilmore says:

I think house is amazing dr chase is one ov the best drs in it house is a good dr 2 season 7 was not so good but well done on this new season so far x x

18. Sara says:

Cuddy was a great character not because of the love stuff but for herself and I miss her, too. BUT – the actress wasn’t satisfied with the massive amount she was making and has gone so good riddance. I’ve liked all seasons but enjoy the medical stuff a lot so am glad that focus is back. one thing I liked about House in love was his characyter seemed more believable – same as usual but with the extreme edges gone.

• Dani says:

For the love of God how many times! LE wasn’t prepared to take a ‘paycut’ as the female lead. Why is that such a bad thing? I suspect RSL would have walked too had he not negotiated to keep the same salary, but then the end of season 7 worked in his favour in stark contrast to what it did for her when they came to negotiating because it was pretty easy to write Cuddy out. David Shore has already admitted this.

Anyway it’s good to see Chase back.

• Rebecca says:

I’d be happy to take a tenth of her paycheck.

• Alicia says:

Easy now–don’t you know there is/never was a “female lead” on House??? So check yourself ;) Still, you can always tell when a commenter is pressed over LE because they either 1.) can’t bring up her departure without mentioning JMo’s, 2.) complain about the media coverage she’s gotten, 3.) call her selfish/greedy for leaving or 4.) reiterate that it was HER DECISION (!!!!)
        JEEZ, people–why can’t you just enjoy House in it’s mutilated form?!?

• Ali says:

Ah, don’t worry, I’m enjoying this season very much :)
          And btw, Cuddy’s departure doesn’t make the show mutilated, it makes the show better.

• Alicia says:

The show is mutilated because of what the writers/DS did to the House character and Cuddy’s exit is a function of that.
            And how could I forget the most obvious point?? Pressed individuals will go on about how the show is ~better~ now that Cuddy’s gone/they can finally *start* watching again. ;)

• @Alicia says:

My, my, Alicia, you’re so bitter, lmao XD

• Alicia says:

^^My, my, aren’t you so bold with your anonymous comment.
            And I don’t deny it; I solemnly swear I’m up to no good…

• @Alicia says:

Bitter Alicia is bitter, her huddy dreams are over and now she spams like crazy in every single article about the show. Also maybe you didn’t notice but each comment here is anonymous *rolls eyes*

19. Haley says:

I’m glad Cuddy is gone, she’s depressing, 13 I’d love to see come back but when House fired her so she can go live her life was great. I love Chase, hope to hear some of Hugh singing on the show.

20. Anouk says:

Glad Chase is back. Don’t know why House would compare him to a teenage girl though. He never looked like a girl to me. The woman doc next to Chase has an idiotic smile. They would NOT make a cute couple. I really hope it’s not gonna happen. *yawn*

21. Mia says:

Chase!!!!!!!! All I want is you !!!!!!!

22. someone says:

I’m seriously losing the interest because of that Asian girl, nothing against her personality, but she just doesn’t fit to the show & she is not really a good actor.

23. kimi says:

As long as Chase – Jesse Spencer is back and on House again I’m going to watch!

24. LAURA says:

Can’t wait for Jesse Spencer to be back!

25. JENN says:

I really missed Jesse Spencer on House too!

26. PIA says:

Thank god the Chase-less time on House are over!

27. Dan says:

Going to miss Lisa and Olivia. I thought they both had different and interesting ways to deal with House. Always wondered if there was going to be a romance between 13 abd House…We do have to see what’s going on with the “Little Taubs” and how he’s affording child support for two. Chase is serious eye candy for the ladies and, in my opinion, a vastly improved actor over the duration of the series.
    Omar Epps is a strong actor. I’m a fan of his. But I sure hope something comes along and kicks his butt…Soon! I like him better angry instead of superior!!

• Sacha says:

I think that the ‘eye candy’ stereotype has become a curse for the actor. He can do so much better than S7 which was, in regards of the Chase character, a huge disappointment. You wouldn’t believe that this is the same guy who he had been until the middle of S6. I really think that Chase always had great potential but hardly got the chance to pull it through. The character was maturing immensely during the course of the series, and Jesse Spencer did a great job with the material they’ve given him, even if it wasn’t much – or even plain silly like the S7 arc.

I don’t know what they’re going to do with him this season, but House’s remark about him being ‘cute’ with the new doc is somewhat telling. Chase has always been my favourite character on the show and believe me, it wasn’t for his great hair. I could be in the minority here but I wish they’ll give him something more substaintial than another love interest. It was never the love life of the protagonists that made me watch, but the dynamics between House and his fellows. As long as Jesse Spencer is on the show I’ll be tuning in, and I’m happy to see Chase back. But I want him back as a doctor and not merely ‘eye candy’ for the viewers.

• Millie says:

Well said! I agree wholeheartedly!

• MJ says:

Agree with you completely! I think Chase has so much potential but instead of exploring that the writers just waste him as eye candy. I mean, last year his storyline was that he was sleeping with a bunch of girls and that was it. ugh. This year it better not be about him hooking up with the new doc. Here’s hoping Chase gets some decent storyline this year.

• Sharona says:

Hear, hear. Jesse Spencer is talented, it’s a stupid waste to have him playing nothing more than the Situation-in-scrubs. Given an interesting story, he always delivers.

28. Jamison says:

I have held on to await Chase coming back. He is my reason for watching. LE needed to go. She has ruined The Good Wife so if stays much longer I will be done with that. Taub could stay gone as do not need all the baby drama as we need the medical with graphics back. Need House to not be drugged out and for the Asian doc to get fired. The other new doc is boring so do not hook her up w/Chase. His scruffy look is ok for a while. Do not think it is fair that Foreman gets all this air time when they made Chase wait through 4episodes. Hope House gives Foreman a run for his money. . . . Will always watch if Chase is on.

29. Miri says:

YEAH! Chase is back!

30. Cate says:

I really miss the musical bits that Hugh Laurie used to do at the end of each show. I know he has a new cd out in the UK. Maybe he can play us some of his new music. As for the new characters, I REALLY can’t understand the Oriental girl–she seems to swallow her words and used no expression to use as clues for what she’s saying. I don’t miss 13 or Cuddy since she and House aren’t together anymore, but it’s hard to see what the Park character is supposed to add to the show.

31. Sacha says:

So House wanted Chase and Taub back on his team and hey, what a warm welcome! I guess it’s supposed to be ‘back to basics’ S1-3 acerbic House and ‘back to basic’ Chase with the S1-3 eyeroll but honestly, I wasn’t expecting such an awkward cownesque moment.

The woman next to Chase had such a weird expression on her face. What drugs is she on? She looks like she is totally in love with House’s silly jokes. Or she’s just plain dumb. Or maybe she’s another expressionless Thirteen-clone.

Thanks for the warning Ausiello, the clip *did* make me shift uncomfortably in my seat. If back to basic means to make House an insufferable jerk, who can’t acknowledge the fact that two of his seniors are back because he *wanted* them to, then this clip did nothing to excite me.

• John says:

House IS an insufferable jerk! Have you ever watched this show?

• Sacha says:

Point taken. ;) If House was indeed nothing but an insufferable jerk, I wouldn’t have cared for the character at all. I think there’s more than meets the eye, but you’re free to tell me otherwise.

The thing is, House obviously asked Chase and House to return to diagnostics. He wanted them to come back and work with him again, and I’m assuming that they didn’t really have to. They’re good doctors and shouldn’t have trouble finding a new job. So here they are, and all he can do is the usual mocking, and Chase is back to S1 when he wouldn’t budge. It’s TV land, so I guess it’s what to expect (how sad to say that about [H]ouse), but I can’t say I’m thrilled about it. It would have been more fun if Chase got back on him. What I see on this clip is S1 Chase. But hey, I could be wrong. It happens.

• D says:

Maybe wait for the full episode before you make bold claims like that? If you want the show to spell things out for you and abandon all subtlety, You may want to watch a different show.

32. T. says:

Glad that Jesse Spencer is back on Nov. 7!!!!! I missed him soooo much!

33. Jami says:

Come on, nobody can blame the new doctor because she hit on Chase! He is so hot!!!!!!

34. Erin says:

I for one, am excited for this season because of Cuddy being gone. Don’t get me wrong, I used to love her in the first few seasons, but they totally changed her character. She used to be a strong, powerful woman, then they made her baby desperate, kinda self induced, and too obsessive over the past.

I would enjoy episodes without her because they show how they truly intended House to be.. Plus I’ve always been a Hilson shipper and I’m not saying I’m hoping they’ll get together, but when Cuddy wasn’t in any episodes, Hilson scenes are much more.. Enjoyable? :\

35. Devon says:

I just dislike that foreman is the new dean of medicine, he doesn’t have the same tension between him and House. Not that I want Cuddy back. I’m just saying i think that Chase’s ex-wife would have been a better fit, since Cuddy had her substitute her in for awhile there, and that would make for extra tension between her and Chase.

36. Tina says:

Chase is my favorite and always was! Nov.7 can’t come fast enough

37. Stephanie says:

The season officially begins for me with Jesse Spencer’s return. Now, Michael, can we finally get some interesting scoop on what’s in store for Chase this season?

38. Jo says:

I’m just happy to see 13 back…she’s so hot

39. Heidi says:

Chase is the best duckling ever! And Jesse Spencer is the greatest & nicest & sexiest guy ever :D

40. Sue says:

Oh Chase how I have missed you <3
    So happy you'll be back soon!

41. B, Michael says:

Cuddy was the female lead and something for the men to look at (Chase for ther women) 13 was a good character but without the dynamic of Jennifer Morrison. Ms. Yi is almost impossible to follow and it will take time to get used to the new girl. Maybe bring Chi McBride back to oversee the hospial, at least some tension would return.

42. Di says:

Chase! Mondays just got a whole lot better again! :D

43. shiremaid says:

Ahhhhhh it’s feeling like the old gang again!

44. StillwatchingHouse says:

I seriously dislike the Park character. I thought she’d be only for the first episodes and then we’d be spared the agony of watching her. I guess, having Chase (not so much Taub) back will distract me from such a dreadful character.

• Vi says:

Totally agree. Do not like Park at all and also wish she was going when Taub and Chase come back :(

• chase says:

I think the problem is we all have no idea what they are trying to do with this rather odd character. I was glad they didn’t cast just another bunch of eye candy female actors to flow through the revolving door and finally give more dimension to House, but I just don’t know what to make of Dr. Park yet. MD Adams on the other hand is just boring.

45. Kabby says:

So glad to see Chase return! Please, please, PLEASE give the character more substantial storylines!

46. sandra says:

Hi I’m so glad that House is back, l looked at his show all day long even when they aired over an over, I love you House.

47. Pill pusher says:

First of all if Cuddy if she really loved House she wouldn’t of left House becuz he had problems u stick to ur man that all. I’m glad she’s gone. Second like Park and glad Chase is back, not excited about Taub returning could really do without that one.

48. Kanda says:

Meh I could do without Chase and Taub as I don’t see their appeal anymore. I was sadden but happy to see 13 gone and LE obviously need to go so all the Huddy shippers can go. Still being disapoint with Foremans role still, it was a very bad call to make him boss again of House. Yi is boring reminds of Martha Masters to a extent. Other girl is abit awkward but I don’t want her shipped with Chase.

49. Dr. Kilpatient says:

Good. Happy Halloween everybody!

50. Sally says:

I’m so glad that Chase is coming back! Jesse Spencer is the only reason why I still watch the show. I hope he gets on a cool new show once House is over :D