House of Lies First Look: Kristen Bell Braves Shark-Infested Waters

Get More: First Look, News

Here’s your first look at the key art for Showtime’s highly anticipated new Don Cheadle-Kristen Bell comedy House of Lies, bowing Sunday, Jan. 8 after the Season 2 premiere of Shameless.

The series, based on Martin Kihn’s hit tell-all book How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time, revolves around dueling corporate management consulting firms. The cast also includes Ben Schwartz, Josh Lawson, Dawn Olivieri and Glynn Turman.

My snappy judgement: Jaws is a little too close to KB for my comfort. Thoughts?

Comments (15)

• Love Kristen Bell! Also love Don Cheadle. Unfortunately I don’t have Showtime but I hope this is successful enough that I can watch the seasons on DVD!

Comment by the girl – October 31, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • worth keeping showtime for this — and Homeland, of course.

Comment by sash fan – November 12, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love them both but no Showtime, BOO. Not having Claire Daines is bad enuff, now I can’t watch K-Bell :’(

Comment by Jericho227 – October 31, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited for the show but can’t say I love the poster. I get the whole “shark” thing, but I feel like the art went… off the deep end. Sorry, couldn’t resist. Anyway, I also think the way they put Bell into the picture looks a little weird and obviously Photoshop-y.

Comment by DL – October 31, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. It’s a cool concept but I don’t think it worked.

Comment by Captain – October 31, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jean-Ralphio!!

Comment by Pia – October 31, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^^^^This right here!! Im fluuuuush with cassssshhhhhhh!

Comment by analrapist – October 31, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s fine, but the symbolism is a little fishy (see what I did there?).
    Sure, these guys might be corporate sharks, but this poster makes it look like a crossover between the movies Zookeeper and Shark Tale.

Also, Jean-Ralphio needs to get his priorities straight. Entertainment 720 is really bleeding money back in Pawnee.

Comment by Sourabh – October 31, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Don Cheadle! Can’t wait.

Comment by tp – October 31, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Don Cheadle’s tie headed? Is it in the shark’s fin? I’m confused…

Comment by spencer – October 31, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Jaws is a little too close to KB for my comfort.”
    LOL
    if KBell could handle the treacherous waters of Neptune, California full of vicious 09ers, she can handle a couple sharks ;)

Comment by ZmaX – October 31, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristen Bell and Jean-Ralphio… The cast alone will make this show great!!!

Comment by analrapist – October 31, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jean-Ralphio dance up on me!
    And so good to see Josh Lawson on US television! He’s hilarious.

Comment by Detlef – October 31, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don Cheadle !! i am in !
    And Kristen Bell can be very good with great writing (aka Veronica Mars minus her movie career if we can call that..ha)

Comment by Juliet – November 1, 2011 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Josh Lawson! He is so funny!

Comment by Lydia – November 7, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post