Bones Stars Tackles Burning Qs: Angela's Real Name? Oscar Nominee to Play Hodgins' Dad?

Bones‘ long-awaited seventh season bows Thursday (9/8c on Fox), but Michaela Conlin and T.J. Thyne are getting the party started today.

In the following video, the actors behind spouses-with-child Angela and Hodgins gamely tackle a series of burning Bones fan questions.

Bones Scoop: The Latest on Those ‘Bonus’ Episodes

Among the nagging mysteries the pair weigh in on: What is Angela’s real name? Who would Thyne cast as Hodgins late father (via flashback, natch)? And which character does Conlin prefer playing: Married Angela or Single Angela?

Answers to those questions and more are just a click away…

Comments (48)

• May I ask, why such a video would be region-locked?

It’s a promotion video FCOL!

Comment by DJ Doena – October 31, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tottaly aagree is so sad ! I can`t see because my location! unfair !

Comment by Ruth – October 31, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree too, so unfair!!

Comment by Moira – October 31, 2011 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree…

Comment by nathaliass7 – October 31, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it is terrible that just because I live in Puerto Rico I can not view this video. I would like to know the reasoning behind this. I think it is unfair.

Comment by Carol – October 31, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Again, the YouTube link for those outside the US. I put it below, but more may see it here. Thanks to the person who uploaded it:

Comment by Wendy – October 31, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love those two <3

Comment by Tiva4Life – October 31, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love them more than 3.

Comment by CJ – October 31, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t watch it :(

What is Angelas read name? I always wondered heh

Comment by Deena – October 31, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she didn’t give the real name, but thinks it may come up in a future episode. Sorry.

Comment by charity – October 31, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t view it!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

Comment by Katy – October 31, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could some kind soul give us who can’t watch it the answers, please :)

Comment by Annika – October 31, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Choice of Hodgins father–Gene Wilder
      Angela’s real name–might be disclosed at end of this season.
      Angela relieved (in character’s) to be a one guy girl

Comment by karen – October 31, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gene Wilder is perfect!

Comment by Steph – October 31, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • As a Bones series lover who never misses a show and re-watches episodes over and over again throughout the year …. I agree, bring Gene Wilder into the fold and tell us what happened to TJ’s family. Too bad Gilda Radner isn’t here to play TJ’s mom, now wouldn’t that be totally awesome!

Comment by Alonia – November 3, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you very much!

Comment by Annika – November 1, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gene Wilder as his father.
    Did NOT reveal Angela’s real first name (she said maybe by end of season).
    Didn’t directly answer Married vs. Single Angela, but said she was glad the marriage finally paid off for fans.

Comment by Bob – October 31, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Youtube link please…
    We ask it all the time ! We’re not all US residents !!

Comment by Ritz – October 31, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes please!!! put it on youtube,a lot of us are not US residents

Comment by Moira – October 31, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • for those of you who can’t watch the video, here’s the rundown of the answers:

michaela likes playing married angela best

tj would cast gene wilder as his father

they do not reveal angela’s real name, but say maybe by the end of the series

and tj does not plan on shaving or taking his shirt off any time soon.

Comment by katie – October 31, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANKS SO MUCH!!!! fOR WRITE! I can`t see too!

Comment by Ruth – October 31, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michaela says that Angela is better being the married Angela, and that hopefully by series end, we will actually learn her real name. TJ may shave, and bare his chest this year, and if he could cast anyone as his father (who is dead) it would be Gene Wilder.

Comment by Krystel – October 31, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The music in the background drowns out their answers. Why oh why do they need to put in some kind of soundtrack? I never see this done correctly.

Comment by econruth – October 31, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Many thanks to those who have answered the questions on behalf of people like me who cannot watch the video.

Comment by Carol – October 31, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Angela/Jack as much as Booth/Brennan! Thanks for the video interview! :)

Comment by Wendy – October 31, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Angela likes playing married so much, let’s hope she (and writers) cut down on the lusting she still does after Booth. Pretty inappropriate now. IMO

Comment by 1mars – October 31, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @1mars As the saying goes, Angela is married, not dead. LOL! And it doesn’t seem to bother Brennan, Booth, or Hodgins! Just flirting.

Comment by Wendy – October 31, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She doesn’t lust after him. Besides, she is Booth and Brennan’s #1 biggest fan.

Comment by Jason – November 1, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She [Angela] definately is, her and Sweets.

Comment by BiA – November 1, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love tvline b/c it keeps me up to date on things, but sad that i can’t watch videos like this b/c of my location. oh well…i live in spain so i shall console myself with paella and churros. thanks for all that you do tvline and keep up the good work!

Comment by Amy – October 31, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “i love tvline b/c it keeps me up to date on things, but sad that i can’t watch videos like this b/c of my location. oh well…i live in spain so i shall console myself with paella and churros. thanks for all that you do tvline and keep up the good work!”

Ya, I live in brasil, so I’ll just console my self by looking at hot guys, now where can I find them? Seriously though, I watched the youtube video and there’s no way to say you don’t love those two. Very nice on the inapropriate ‘rated R’ question, very enjoyable. I think more enjoyable than their answers were their reactions to the questions. For those of you who haven’t seen it, there’s a youtube link for this video in one of the first posts.

Comment by BiA – October 31, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t see it… :(

Comment by Liz – October 31, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for Bones this Thursday! Oh, and to find out what Angela’s real name is.

Comment by Lisa – October 31, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what name could be so bad that you have to change it? :/

Comment by Delly – October 31, 2011 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YouTube link for people outside the US:

Comment by Wendy – October 31, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks Wendy, you’re a doll!!!! :)

Comment by Katy – October 31, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Hodgins was the last heir of his wealthy family…
    I can’t watch the video either but why would they cast his father ??

Comment by claire – October 31, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just got the flashback thing… it could be nice !

Comment by claire – October 31, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They didn’t cast Booth’s father yet, they didn’t do Booth’s father planned flashback, why would they do it with Hodgins father? Delusional.

Comment by june – October 31, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not delusional, just unlikely, they didn’t do it with Booth’s father cause David’s performance was so good and the story so compelling that it wasn’t necessary, but with Hodgins, who knows? I don’t think we can rule it out ’till they rule it out.

Comment by BiA – October 31, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is it delusional to say that when these questions are from the fans? They asked, he answered.

Comment by Wendy – October 31, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its great that you guys posted in on youtube, but some countries, like china, also block youtube. i dont understand why its so hard for TVLine to have its videos accessible to everyone? Has TV Line ever addressed why it makes its videos for US only? Is it a requirement by their networks or something?????

Comment by melanie – November 1, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Found the video on you tube ;)

Comment by Angela – November 1, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Michelle Branch song sucks big time.

Comment by LMMM – November 1, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love these two together as characters and actors. They seem like they always have a great time.

Comment by cher – November 1, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wanted to know if Mechaela’s real father is the zz top singer that plays Angela’s father.

Comment by Nita – November 1, 2011 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ARGHHH why can’t we see this in Australia?? I think it is only for America -.-

Comment by Athena – November 1, 2011 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t w8 to watch the full season 8 of bones! they don’t have the copy yet! i buy it so i can watch it full time! don’t have time to watch it episodes by episodes.

Comment by merlyn – May 15, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post