The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On your TV this Monday: Michael Myers at his very best, a prehistoric murder, Freddy Krueger visits Hawaii, much Horror and more. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories, here are 12 programs to keep on your radar.

7 pm Ghost Hunters Halloween Live (Syfy) | In this live, six-hour special, host Josh Gates is joined by Ghost Hunters International team members and others as they snoop around the old Pennhurst State School and Hospital, an abandoned asylum in Spring City, Pa.

8 pm Halloween (AMC) | Well it is Oct. 31, so know that one option for tonight is John Carpenter’s spine-tingling original visiting of Michael Myers — aka the film that had my 10-year-old self looking over my shoulder as I slinked away from a daytime screening. Shudder.

8 pm The Sing-Off (NBC) | The stage is transformed into a cemetery as the seven remaining groups perform a Halloween medley. Later, they break off to battle it out by performing hits from some of music’s biggest stars. (You’re welcome, TVLine reader Davey!)

8 pm Terra Nova (Fox) | Jim and Taylor investigate the colony’s first murder; Skye helps Josh find a way to get his girlfriend from 2149 to the past; Elisabeth and Zoe race to help an unborn Ankylosaurus survive.

8:30 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Carla Gallo (aka Bones‘ Daisy) guest stars as a trendy bakery owner who leads Max and Caroline in a class on how to make prettier cupcakes.

How I Met Your Mother Video: Watch Katie Holmes Channel Her Inner Slutty Pumpkin

9 pm Two and a Half Men (CBS) | As if the promos of Walden in post-coital delirium with Evelyn aren’t scary enough, this episode also features a haunting by Charlie… via a page-turner of a journal he bequeathed to Alan.

9 pm House (Fox) | When a CEO (Damages‘ Michael Nouri) falls mysteriously ill, House attempts to make an underhanded business transaction with the patient; Park prepares for her hearing with the disciplinary committee chaired by Foreman.

9 pm Will Ferrell: The Mark Twain Prize (PBS) | Jack Black, Conan O’Brien, John C. Reilly, Paul Rudd and others are on hand as Ferrell is honored with the annual prize that recognizes humorists who have had an impact on American society.

9:30 pm Enlightened (HBO) | A Chicago radio host I did an interview with on Sunday was raving about this new show, so here’s some love: Wary of reverting to her hard-partying ways, Amy (Laura Dern) talks Levi (Luke Wilson) into taking a rafting excursion — as they used to do when married.

Preview ‘Castle Is Definitely a Hero’ During an ‘Intense’ Hostage Crisis

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | When the team investigate the murder of a couple who were filming a documentary about a Hawaiian burial site, they are threatened by a drifter (Nightmare on Elm Street‘s Robert Englund) who puts a curse on Bobby Peter Greg Danny.

10 pm Rock Center (NBC) | Broadcast live from [see title], this new weekly newsmagazine is fronted by Brian Williams and features among its correspondents Harry Smith, Ted Koppel, Meredith Vieira, Natalie Morales, Matt Lauer and Ann Curry.

10 pm American Horror Story marathon (FX) | Grab whatever “fun size” Baby Ruths you have left in the bowl and kick back with this hit fright show’s first four episodes.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? And by all means, hit the Comments to offer tune-in suggestions of your own!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Alicia says:

Where’s Castle??!
    Also, these posts seem to go up earlier and earlier :)

• Hillary says:

He always links tv line’s main Castle feature in the must watch article for Monday.

• Alicia says:

I see now… but I actually skip over those links (in all posts) since they’re usually for some quasi-related older article.
        It’d be nice to list Castle (or what have you) for people who just scan the time points. Guess it’s a problem though.

• Dan says:

Yeah, I also skip those links thinking it’s either some ad or something unrelated or old I don’t want to read anyway…

It would be better if Matt listed those links in the same format as the others, I think alot of people miss them and just read the bold time entrys and thinking this weeks Castle is not recommended by Matt.

Castle deserves better than to be overlooked (even though all the separate pages devoted to the show is nice of course)! :)

• lipsticksocialism says:

i agree. i mostly skip the “ads” as well, seeing as i read tvline religiously all the way back to the last post i saw

• And then? says:

It should still be listed here since it’s on tonight IMHO, and I’m not talking about that blue link; it’s what, 50 words extra in a post?
            I usually come on here to see what’s on tonight and the little summaries too because they are nice… for a moment I almost thought Castle didn’t air tonight….

• Kate says:

I agree that it would be nice to see all the recommended shows listed, even if there was a previous article about it. I often look past the links, esp if I’m looking at the site on my phone. Also, just because there’s an article about a show, doesn’t mean it’s a great episode right? (Although, I’m very much assuming that tonight’s Castle is going to be AWESOME!)

2. Fernando says:

It’s all about The Bad Girls Club finale, it’s going to be full of revenge and fights

3. kevin says:

Can’t wait for HAWAII FIVE-O and the series’ first ever Halloween episode. TERRA NOVA finally returns but I still don’t know if this Jurassic Park type series going to hold on for its remaining episodes ’til December 19th if Fox renews for Season 2 or getting canceled.

4. Rachel says:

What about Hart of Dixie?

5. Tom says:

I have to say, at first I was against these daily worth watchings, I like having everything in 1 shot, but now I can’t think of why that was. I think its because I liked seeing what I was looking forward too, but since I end up coming on here everyday, there are a nice sneak peek to the end of the day, and you get more stuff too.

6. Chandramas says:

Sorry (well not really), for me Monday is CASTLE Monday.

7. Peggy Carr says:

I will definitely be watching Hawaii Five-0! Best show on TV in years! Alex O’Loughlin’s Steve McGarrett is an awesome character!!

8. How I Met Your Mother! Looking forward to seeing the Slutty Pumpkin. Also DVRing Castle. We still have last week’s American Horror Story and two weeks’ worth of Pan Am to catch up on, too, so I’m sure we’ll have something to keep us busy tonight.

9. Daisy says:

Usually I’m not a big fan of Halloween themed episodes, but the preview of the Hawaii 5-0 episode looks so cool, I cannot wait to see it!

10. May says:

Terra Nova- House- Castle
    I will dvr Rock Center and watch later.

11. Sue says:

Can’t wait for Castle…Absolutely love this show..And finally some Martha time..

12. dee says:

“they are threatened by a drifter (Nightmare on Elm Street‘s Robert Englund) who puts a curse on Bobby Peter Greg Danny.”

Just snorted coffee all over my monitor. Thanks bunches! ;-)

13. Renee says:

It would help if people actually read these acticles. The WHOLE article. I’m just wondering when Matt will get tired enough of people whining about their favs being overlooked/dissed to actually stop writing these “TV Worth Watching” articles. It happens with

• Alicia says:

People aren’t whining; TVLine just got some free and honest feedback about the site’s info format. And who actually reads every single word of text on a page? If readers are overlooking a recommendation for a show–because there’s no inherent endorsement for the evening’s programming contained in a link to a previous article (the kind of link which appears in every post, by the way)–then maybe TVLine might want to reevaluate the presentation??

14. Plum says:

Yay Dynotpia is back!

15. Brandy says:

2 broke girls ,maybe mike & molly

16. Lisa says:

Ghost Hunters Halloween Live
    Terra Nova

17. Ann says:

The only thing I watch/dvr on Monday night is Castle. I watch live & dvr it too so I can go back & re-watch a few more times throughout the week.

18. Joey says:

No HIMYM?

19. Elizabeth says:

I’ll watch Scared Shrekless and Castle live and DVR HIMYM. Other than that I’ll be watching last weeks The Mentalist and last nights Good Wife and CSI Miami.

20. CD says:

Should of added WWE Monday Night RAW since The Muppets will be on there.

21. Scott says:

8 – Terra Nova – Jim and Taylor investigate a murder in the colony; Skye helps Josh figure out how to bring his girlfriend from 2149 to the past. – FOX
    9 – start – HIMYM¹
    9½ – start 2½M²
    10 – Castle – Martha and Castle are held hostage by bank robbers dressed in hospital scrubs; Beckett’s rescue efforts are hindered by a strict hostage negotiator (Dean Norris). – ABC

8 – How I Met Your Mother¹ – Ted finally reconnects with the girl in the pumpkin costume; Barney learns he has some Canadian in him; pregnancy takes over Lily’s brain. – CBS
    9 – Two and a Half Men² – Jake has feelings for his chemistry tutor, but she has a crush on Walden; Alan becomes obsessed with the journal his brother left him in his will. – CBS
    10 – Hawaii Five-O – Two young people filming a documentary about a Hawaiian burial site are murdered; during the investigation, a drifter (Robert Englund) puts a curse on Danny. – CBS

22. docvap says:

CASTLE! That’s it, that’s all!

23. Pam says:

I am glad Terra Nova is back in all of its cheesy glory!

And it is starting to get cold enough that I am appreciating Hawaii Five-0 again. During the Winter doldrums, I cannot get enough of this show! lol.

24. dlferriola says:

He overlooked Mike & Molly which looks hilarious and Castle which is my favorite Mon. nite show. Castle is always good but tonite with him & his mom hostages in a bank robbery looks exceptional. Cannot wait to see what happens.

25. lstar19 says:

26. Katy says:

HIMYM and Castle and H50 :)

27. Megan says:

I don’t like Ghost Hunters, the people on the show are so boring, but if I still had cable I’d watch it just for Josh Gates.

28. Lynn says:

HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, may check out 2.5 Men (but not sure how much longer I’ll be watching) and my favorite CASTLE!!!!