The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Friday

This Friday, as CBS switches to repeats opposite the World Series, you’ve got Carmichael Industries swinging into action, Nikita dealing with Daddy issues, NBC feeling Grimm and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories, here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

World Series Forces Fringe to Sit the Bench

8 pm MLB World Series (Fox) | The Rangers face the Cardinals one last time, winner takes all. (Sorry, Mr. Bishop. Next week!)

8 pm Chuck (NBC) | The spy comedy (finally) returns for its fifth and final season. Morgan’s “ownership” of the Intersect does not come without its complications (some of which are a bit dark), and Chuck’s “jealousy” over his BFF now doing the flashing zooming gets piled on a bit high. But by Episode 2, with the arrival of The Matrix‘s Carrie-Ann Moss as an old foe(/flame?) of Casey’s, this farewell lap finds a nice rhythm. Don’t blink during the cold open or you’ll miss Star Wars‘ Mark Hamill in affected villain mode.

8 pm Nikita (The CW) | Nikita and Michael track down Nikita’s father (David Keith, Officer and a Gentleman), but the reunion is not quite what our favorite (brunette) lady spy expected.

8:30 pm ThunderCats (Cartoon Network) | Season 1.5 premiere: The Cats help to rescue enslaved Berbils and defend their village. Panthro learns that’s he’s not the only “wrench monkey” and bonds with Robear Bill.

Nikita Exclusive: 24′s Sarah Clarke Spies Top-Secret Role

9 pm Grimm (NBC) | Series premiere: Dave Giuntoli (Privileged) stars as a homicide detective who learns he is the last of the Grimms aka a line of hunters who are able to recognize and fight sinister storybook characters. (Read my Fall TV First Impression here.)

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | Sam and Dean are once again on many, many ladies’ the FBI’s “Most Wanted” list when Leviathans clone the brothers and go on a killing spree. I can hear y’all now: “More Sams and Deans?! Keep the cloning coming!”

9 pm Gold Rush (Discovery) | Season 2 premiere: In Porcupine Creek, Todd, Jack and their crew they celebrate their best clean-out ever, until “Dakota Fred” returns and drops a bombshell on them.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Supernatural, Once Upon a Time, A Gifted Man and More!

10 pm Boss (Starz) | Kane’s wife (played by Connie Nielsen) begins to suspect that he is withholding something from her.

10 pm Sanctuary (Syfy) | Magnus’s trip to a remote African island is interrupted by a deadly hostage crisis.

What will you be watching this Friday?

Comments (22)

• Supernatural and Grimm. MUCH better than this crap WS game.

Comment by niffer88 – October 28, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • right?! I can’t wait!

Comment by Rachel – October 28, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That’s all I need tonight.

Comment by scooterbeanbag – October 28, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck! thundercats! Sanctuary!

Comment by Jerri – October 28, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural and Sanctuary! That’s all I’ll be watching!

Comment by Will – October 28, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perks of being in Canada: I get to watch Grimm right before Supernatural so no need to DVR or whatsoever! *score* I can’t wait to see what this show has to offer!
    As for Supernatural I just hope that this episode has more to offer than what I am expecting… the first two episodes were awesome but lately I’ve been back to the 6th season feeling (it’s my opinion do as you please with it… *gets ready for bashing*) though I’m pretty sure that twice the Winchester brothers can’t harm anyone *la wink*

Comment by Julie – October 28, 2011 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • god, I really want to watch Grimm because it’s set in my hometown and I love fantasy, but I’ve heard it’s not that good and I don’t know if I can stomach another procedural. I wished they had picked 17th precinct instead. At least then the detective would be hot.

Comment by Gaj – October 28, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural and Nikita all the way. Grimm looks like a poor SPN rip off to me. Why watch a poor imitation when you can watch the real thing?

Comment by Geordiegirl1967 – October 28, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I remember last year when the commercials on Discovery kept touting “Gold Rush” as the number 1 program on cable television. With the cool voice,”Tune in on Friday nights for the number 1 rated televison hour on cable!” Than in fine print after about 30 showings of the commercial throughout the week, you can see it says “Nielsen box viewers, between the ages of 35-59, Friday nights, 9-10pm, on the week of Oct 10-17, males” (If i recall). It might as well included the viewers with 2 eyes, a nose, those who eat food, and drink liquids.
    By the way, as the Gold Rushers and Talk Soup would say, “Let’s find some Glory Holes!!”

Comment by TV junkie – October 28, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching Supernatural, Nikita, and Chuck, would have watched Fringe too, but I can’t now :/

Comment by Sherry – October 28, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not f*cking baseball…!

Comment by Dre – October 28, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, without Fringe, it looks like Chuck, Grimm and Sanctuary.

Comment by Bob – October 28, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Chuck, Grimm, Nikita, and Sanctuary thanks to the World Series. Darn, no Fringe, CSI: NY, or Blue Bloods?!

Comment by Justin – October 28, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing for me tonight! Young Justice was preempted for Batman vs. Dracula.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – October 28, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for stupid baseball to be OVER

Comment by Amanda – October 28, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In between batters-up: Supernatural, Grimm, and Sanctuary.

Comment by Owiella – October 28, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tomorrow when the stations post tonight’s shows I will be watching
    Chuck
    Grimms
    Supernatural
    Sanctuary

Comment by Sara – October 28, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited on CHUCK and its final season tonight but I’ll truly watched FRINGE on DEMAND for the rest of my life now that I’m still fed up on this whole WORLD SERIES stuff. BOO on that FOX.

Comment by kevin – October 28, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might look at Chuck. After that, the Grimm pilot was horrid, so I plan on watching a tape instead of checking it out again.

Comment by Rebecca – October 28, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Gusar – October 28, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikita !!!!!!!!!!

Comment by justin – October 28, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friday is a kick butt night of TV!

Comment by Lisa – October 31, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post