TVLine Items: Fringe Has Fun With World Series, TNT Pilot Taps Brothers & Sisters Alum and More

What happened with Fringe? “Baseball Happened”!

Fox’s sci-fi series is acknowledging the fact that this Friday’s much-anticipated installment has been pushed back a week because of World Series Game 7. Here, watch Walter, Olivia and Mr. MIA himself in a fun new promo that instructs fans to “set your alarm” for the all-new installment now airing in just seven days. Think you can make it that long?

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Eric Winter (The Mentalist, Brothers & Sisters) will star opposite Tricia Helfer in TNT’s dog-centric drama pilot, Scent Of The Missing, Deadline reports.

• True Blood alums Kevin Alejandro and Grant Bowler have landed guest spots on ABC’s midseason dramedy GCB (aka Good Christian Belles). Per EW.com, the latter will play a love interest for Miriam Shor’s Cricket, while Alejandro will look to romance Marisol Nichols’ Heather.

• Oscar-winning actor Chris Cooper (American Beauty) has joined the HBO drama pilot The Corrections, per Deadline. The project, based on the 2001 Jonathan Franzen novel, centers on “the troubles of an elderly Midwestern couple and their three adult children.” Dianne Wiest (In Treatment) will co-star.

• E!’s The Soup is making the move from Fridays to Wednesdays beginning Nov. 30 at 10/9c.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (19)

• BOO to the Soup move! I love watching the show on Friday night.

Comment by Annie – October 28, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • count me in that club, too! i mean, i’ll honestly probably watch it on reruns during the weekend anyway, but i always looked forward to at the end of the work week.

Comment by bob – October 28, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BOO indeed! I DVR Psych and AHS and watch South Park online as it is!

Comment by Kaite – October 29, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG… that’s hilarious! Kudos to the Fringe folks for their sense of humor!

Comment by Matt – October 28, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So are there going to be 2 episodes next week?

Comment by Jack – October 28, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe
    *sigh* It isn’t fair

Comment by dessy – October 28, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahahahahaha! I love Fringe; last night was the only time I have ever taken an interest in baseball.

Comment by Emma – October 28, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL me too!

Comment by lina – October 28, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was totally pulling for Texas to win last night so we could see “Fringe” tonight.

Comment by Gwen – October 28, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL. I was totally hoping for Texas to win, too. Ah well…game 6 was crazy. Hopefully, both teams can hold off on the excitement until after Chuck.

Comment by em – October 28, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great promo. I actually commented on a yahoo article about the seventh game. I mentioned how disappointing it was as a Fringe fan and how I wished they would move the world series game until Saturday. Got so many dislikes they will actually not show my comment. Anyway hopefully next week will fly by.

Comment by Amanda – October 28, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait so I can download this episode of Fringe from itunes already?

Comment by Sg. Grant – October 28, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yet another reason to hate baseball…

Comment by Shelby – October 28, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • do that many people watch the damned baseball? I mean we lost 2 days of good tv to this stupid game, it’s ridiculous. Thank god for the women centric CW so there’s something to watch for the women and non baseball fans out there. Bet the cinemas/restaurants did well too

Comment by laura – October 28, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know, there are a lot of women who like baseball. (And who hate almost everything on the CW.) I hate that Fringe was delayed again, though. Alas. Nice of them to work it into a promo though.

Comment by Mindy – October 28, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Correct me if I’m wrong (because I could be), but no other show would ever admit to preemption in a promo like that. Reminds me of the Friday night death slot one. I love that about Fringe.

Comment by Emily – October 28, 2011 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe ABC punked out on the original title Good Christian Bitches.

wussies.

Comment by Apple – October 28, 2011 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chris Cooper won his Oscar for Supporting Role in Adaptation, not American Beauty.

Comment by hauer – October 28, 2011 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friday is a kick butt night of TV.

Comment by Lisa – October 31, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post