Exclusive Good Wife Video: Exes Mark the Spot For Alan Cumming and Parker Posey

On this Sunday’s Good Wife (9/8c on CBS), indie goddess Parker Posey makes her debut as the never-before-seen estranged wife of Alan Cumming’s Eli — and we’ve got an exclusive first look at the still-friendly couple’s curbside run-in.

Good Wife Spoiler Alert: Dexter Star Jennifer Carpenter’s Character Revealed!

Fun fact: The real-life pals’ first TV collaboration was no accident. After appearing in a string of movies together, most notably The Anniversary Party and Josie and the Pussycats, Cumming recommended Posey for the role of his Good spouse. “I did pitch her,” he recently confirmed to TVLine. “We get great guest stars on the show and it’s nice when it’s [someone] you know.”

In the following scene, Eli stalks, er, reaches out to his ex, Vanessa, for help with a case, and she surprises him with a favor of her own.

Comments (15)

• Okay, I’m sold!

No seriously… love it. Can hardly wait for the episode to air. And can I say that this season has been kickin’ serious butt from the get-go!

Comment by mdaily – October 28, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give the man his own show already. Cummings is amazing, as well as Parker Posey.

Comment by Jack – October 28, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks goooood! Though I’m seriously getting weirded out by how “normal” Parker seems in this role :P

Comment by Alicia – October 28, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i already like her.

Comment by João Amaral – October 28, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the casting, very smart; are they spinning off Eli? Hmmm. Also I need a t-shirt that says “We’re Not Having A Moment,” stat.

Comment by Plum – October 28, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t really want to watch this show, but I’m thrilled at the people that they’re employing.

Comment by izikavazo – October 28, 2011 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so now i just want Alexis Bledel to play Cary’s ex-girlfriend or something… that’s a reunion i would LOVE to see :)

Comment by noa – October 29, 2011 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Genius idea! Or Paris Geller as a murder suspect he is prosecuting!

Comment by Tvaddict – October 29, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Parker Posey. Cannot wait to find out more about Eli Gold. This show continues to impress me more and more.

Comment by Rachel – October 29, 2011 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • holy. such genius casting.

Comment by Sky – October 29, 2011 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This fantastic casting!!! TGW does not fail. Seriously. Cant wait for the episode tomorrow. Luv!!!

Comment by kikay – October 29, 2011 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m already loving these two!

Comment by Zara – October 29, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is more genius from TGW! Adore Alan Cumming and his portrayal of Eli Gold. The look on his face when she touches him breaks my heart. Eli may have a heart after all.

Comment by Mary – October 29, 2011 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One more thing regarding Alan Cumming: he has been under appreciated by TPTB for too long. He can get under my skin or in my heart with a look without resorting to chewing the scenery. Wow! More screen time for this lovely man.

Comment by Mary – October 29, 2011 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still think his portrayal of ‘The Great Gazoo’ in the Flintstones 2 movie was the only thing good about that movie.

Comment by Bob – October 31, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post