CBS Switches to Repeats Opposite World Series Game 7

The Eye has blinked.

CBS has opted to forego original programming tonight opposite Fox’s telecast of Game 7 of the World Series. In place of fresh episodes of A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods, the network will now rerun the Gifted Man pilot and air encores of CSI: Miami and CSI: NY.

The other networks, meanwhile, are sticking to their original game plans: NBC has the premiere of Grimm and the return of Chuck, The CW has new eps of Nikita and Supernatural, while ABC will air two hours of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and 20/20.

What will you be watching?

Comments (34)

• @Michael

do you think this can help NBC?

i dont see much of a crossover between the audiences, but it cant hurt right?

Comment by Pat – October 28, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But the peacock decides not to take flight.

Comment by Michael – October 28, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good

Comment by Bill – October 28, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean that Blue Bloods will also not be aired tonight?

Comment by Erica – October 28, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well CBS needs to stop promoting the new episodes during the Price is Right then.

Comment by What?!?! – October 28, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by doodler – October 28, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grr. I want my Blue Bloods. I despise baseball. Guess I’ll be watching a movie tonight since nothing worth watching will be on tv.

Comment by Liz – October 28, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Baseball wins hands down, especially after Game 6. I don’t mind waiting a week longer for Fringe and also watching Chuck & Supernatural later on.

Comment by Floyd – October 28, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching “Chuck,” “Nikita,” “Grimm” and on occasion checking the game. Appreciate CBS going with re-runs.

Comment by Alex Agostini – October 28, 2011 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forgot to mention “Real Time” on HBO.

Comment by Alex Agostin – October 28, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CSI: NY episode was Halloween themed. That’ll be great for 11/4.

Comment by ILshel – October 28, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What difference does a week make? Their 9/11 episode didn’t air on 9/11 and that was fine. It’s not that hard to suspend belief that on the show they’re not doing everything in “real time.”

Comment by Tracy – October 28, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tracy, do you have to be a big “dick” about everything?

Comment by Cindy – October 28, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d be watching baseball either way so I’m glad CBS decided to go with reruns. I won’t have to catch up with CSI:NY online now.

Comment by Tracy – October 28, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck! I am interested in the World Series, but I can forgo the first few innings for Chuck.

Comment by Amanda – October 28, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is a good move.

Comment by Juliab. – October 28, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While this news is a major bummer, I think it’s a good move after that amazing game 6 of the World Series.

Comment by Justin – October 28, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO RANGERS! i’ll catch Grimm and anything else on the DVR later.

Comment by mehvash – October 28, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Cardinals!!!! They are an excellent team when thier back is against the wall.

Comment by Dave – October 28, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Baseball. Everything else was getting DVR’d anyway.

Comment by Daniel – October 28, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Modern Family and here in the UK we are only gettin Season 2 episode 6….their Halloween episode that season. On the 4th we get the Treehouse episode. All this is sorta funny in that none of the mentioned shows conflict with the Series as it comes on at around 1am here anyway! Just read that Chuck is back on! I hoqe it’s broadcast here soon! Bummed this is the last season!! BTW….GO CARDS!!

Comment by MWB – October 28, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will PVR Chuck and Grimm and watch Game 7.

Comment by Rod – October 28, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • rawr. i was really excited for Blue Bloods.

Comment by Rach – October 28, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not going to lie, I’m a little disappointed as I was looking forward to the NY episode. However, I understand why CBS made this move. The game last night was crazy enough; I can only imagine how tonight will turn out. On that note…go Rangers!

Comment by Lisa – October 28, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say bad move CBS . I was so excited about the new one tonight then to get to hear that they are airing a repeat just got me going :( and :O .

I was so confused of why as I don’t watch Baseball nor do I watch any sports ! So I could care less about the World Series

Comment by Traci – October 28, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonder if fresh episodes will air on CFTO & Global in Canada

Comment by Martina – October 28, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very bad move. If I wanted to watch paint dry, I’d watch the baseball and tape the new CBS shows. Since I can’t stand CSI:Miami, I didn’t even know it was a repeat. They took off the only decent shows on Friday night, forgetting there are plenty of people who don’t watch the world series.

Comment by Deb – October 28, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not everyone is in to sports, thus the different channels…I am so tired of life on tv being put aside because of sports. We have DVR so we can tape things…so stop putting us aside!!!

Comment by Saundra – October 28, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We want Blue Bloods!!! Who cares what is on the other networks … they aren’t changing their shows around. Who’s bright idea was this???????

Comment by Linda – October 28, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • . . . and the networks wonder why they are going down the toilet. The Communist Broadcasting Network makes another fine decision.

Comment by Mike – October 28, 2011 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’ve been advertising all week that the shows would be new. How weird!!! They should not pull that stuff too often, we won’t trust their advertising.

Comment by Louise – October 29, 2011 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed no Blue Bloods aired. Hope that episode airs next Friday.

Comment by jenn – October 29, 2011 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Our life doesn’t revolve around TV, so no big deal really. Still, would have been nice if CBS aired a brief explanation at the beginning of Blue Bloods (for example). We were really confused when CSI came on. I’m a football/basketball only guy and had completely forgotten that the World Series was even on! :)

Comment by gw – November 3, 2011 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post