The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Thursday

On TV this Thursday: Rocks for Charlie Brown, more sitcom tricks and treats, El-lee-ot visits The Mentalist, and more. November sweeps starts now, and as but a supplement to TVLine’s original feature stories, here are 15 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm World Series Game 6 (Fox) | After a Wednesday rain-out, the Rangers are (still) looking to clinch — otherwise, Peter Bishop’s comeback tour gets delayed.

8 pm It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! (ABC) | Actually, it’s only [SPOILER ALERT!] Snoopy.

8 pm The Vampire Diaries (The CW) | Elena begs Jeremy to use his connection to the “other side” to help her find a way to reach Stefan; Alaric discovers a long-hidden clue to the past.

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | A cute comic book artist — played by Courtney Ford, whose own geek cred includes having Superman (Brandon Routh) for a husband — puts Leonard’s relationship with Priya to the test.

8 pm Community (NBC) | The members of the study group take turns spinning ghost stories. For me, Troy’s is the LOLest, while Britta rocks a soft, fuzzy sweater in Abed’s.

8:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | Andy and April host a costume party (at which Ron finds an unlikely new sidekick), while an Entertainment 720 fundraiser for Leslie manages to be all about Tom.

Halloween Hot Shots: Who’s Dressed as What on Community, Parks and Rec, Secret Circle, The Office

9 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | Reese is captivated by the latest POI – a beautiful and resourceful woman played by Paige Turco. I’ll point out that Matt Servitto also guest stars in the episode, and let hardcore All My Children fans connect the dots.

9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | Lexie tries to hide her jealousy when she sees Mark with a new woman (Gossip Girl alum Holley Fain in a recurring role); Alex fights to keep Zola at Seattle Grace when it is suggested that she be moved to another hospital.

9 pm Project Runway (Lifetime) | It’s the Season 9 finale!

9 pm The Office (NBC) | The show scares up one of its best Halloween episodes, in part due to a montage of Dwight costumes that Toby nixed over the years due to safety concerns. Also, Erin is cuteasabutton as freckled Wendy of “Hot ‘N’ Juicy” burgers fame.

9:30 pm Whitney (NBC) | Veronica Mars alum alert No. 1! Ken Marino plays Alex’s brother.

Exclusive: Secret Circle Recruits Friday Night Lights Alum for Some Dark Magic

10 pm Beavis and Butt-Head (MTV) | The forever-regressed brat boys return in new episodes, the first of which finds the Twilight craze making them wish to become undead.

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | When the team travels to a resort town to find a cop killer, Lisbon crosses paths with her brother (played by onetime child star Henry Thomas), who is now a bounty hunter tracking… E.T.?! Judas!

10 pm Private Practice (ABC) | Addison begins IVF treatments with Jake’s help, unbeknownst to Sam. Also: Veronica Mars alum alert No. 2! Sydney Tamiia Poitier plays a terminally-ill young woman who asks gal pal Amelia to assist in her suicide.

10 pm Prime Suspect (NBC) | Jane and her father celebrate an important anniversary together. (What, 25 years since the Mets beat the Red Sox in the Series?)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Kyle. S says:

I’m guessing you’ve done a feature on Community that I’ve missed?

2. Pam says:

While I love Fringe, I love my Cardinals more, so I am hoping for a Game 7!

3. Wonder what kind of “other side” connection Elena thinks Jeremy can find that will reach Stefan? And darn it, why is everything on at 8pm on Thursday? I recently discovered Community, but I already watch The Big Bang Theory and Vampire Diaries. Fortunately it comes On Demand, but still.

• Corinne says:

My bet would be to contact Lexie since she was the one who helped Stefan the first time around.

• lacey says:

Thursday nights at 8 pm are the hardest for me because I love Community, TVD, and TBBT. I wish Community would move to 9 pm and TBBT would move back to Monday so that I would no longer be torn. But beyond my own selfish reasons for pushing Community to a later time I think it would probably do better if it didn’t air at the same time as TBBT.

• Lily says:

I comepletely agree! I think a lot of people have this dilemna i can try to watch vampire diaries and one of the others with dvr but definitely not three and community, TBBT, and vampire diaries are the only shows i watch religiously…plus i really dont want community to be cancelled or moved to like friday or something ridiculous…the others are probably safe though

4. Joanne says:

Cards suck hopefully they get knocked out so Fringe can be on!!!!!

• Dave says:

Ok I love Fringe and am really excited to see Peter’s return but are you just saying Cards suck because you want Fringe on Friday? If so that’s stupid. For one if the Cards suck so bad how are they in the World Series. The play very well when thier backs are against a wall so don’t get your hopes up to much. It’s very likely this will go to a game 7.

• Mike says:

Well, since I’m a depressed Phillies fan, I’ll go with the “Cards suck and got lucky” comment even though I know that’s not the case. :) I definitely am pulling for Texas so this season can be put in the past and we can find out Fringe’s future tomorrow!

5. alr says:

Thanks for recognizing The Great Pumpkin! Gotta love the classics!!

6. John says:

Few watch, most of whom love it very dearly. Nothin’ wrong with us talking about it.

7. fernando says:

It’s Priavte Practice and Secert Cicrle for me tonight.

8. Runway fan says:

Minor correction: Project Runway comes on Lifetime, not Bravo.

9. Snapy says:

It’s CW night, bitches! TVD and TSC for me!

10. GA lover says:

Grey’s looks to be funny.

11. scooterbeanbag says:

No Friends? Weaksauce.

12. Renee says:

Person of Interest is it for me on Thur.

13. MV says:

Dammit — the promise of Ken Marino on Whitney might be the ONLY reason I’d check it out tonight (but talk about a Ron Donald Don’t!)

14. shaun says:

*Stabs baseball if Texas doesn’t finish it tonight*

15. Brandy says:

Vd, sc all the way.

16. Sarah says:

Being a Memphis resident I would normally root for the Cardinals (the Redbirds here are the farm league for them) but…I enjoy Fringe more, sorry y’all. I waited 2 weeks for this new ep already and waiting another is not feasible. I’ve already been waiting 4 months for these new episodes!

17. Richard says:

I have the season finale of “Project Runway” and the season premiere of “Project Accessory” ready to record. I’m not too excited about “Project Accessory”, I think they made a mistake with the “Runway” spin-off – “Project Runway: Men’s Wear” would have been much more interesting.

18. XK says:

Looking forward to Community (always), Parks & Recreation, and the Office tonight. Love Halloween flavored episodes!

19. Dave says:

Now see I like your comment. Its one thing to hope Texas wins so we can watch Fringe but to come out and say the Cards suck is just lame. Anyway love Fringe but go Cards!

20. shuayb says:

So the best shonda could come up with for Amelia is conjuring a friend and doing the whole assisted suicide thing again. Wow. Riveting stuff… No wonder they are loosing viewers! First they kill Dell, then they send Naomi packing, its been four years and we haven’t seen an inkling of change in Violet and sheldon doesn’t have a story line. way to go Shonda, keep it up!
    They could have asked Merrin Dungey to come back as the original Naomi or find someone else. Naomi should not have left at all.

21. Media Ho says:

Hey, Matt, thanks for the AMC reference. Paige is still a stunner, but I didn’t recognize Servitto in the Ford Edge commercial (“Jeter? He’s got an Edge.”) until someone else pointed it out. Now we need a cameo by Trent Bushey!
    (email me to reminisce about our soapy backgrounds if you like!)

22. Plum says:

Henry grew up into a handsome lil’ fella, he was terrific in I Capture the Castle. I do love me some Brandon Routh; any chance he’ll be popping up on Chuck this season?

23. Natalie says:

“The Mentalist” is what I’m looking forward to tonight. That and BBT are the only things on my list. Laughed at your El-i-ot joke. Between casting him and getting to meet one of Lisbon’s brothers, I’m hoping for a really good episode. Also, Matt, have you heard anything about when Bruno is writing and directing this season? He and Ashley seem to write my favorite scripts so I’m really stoked about that. :)

24. Tania says:

“Person of Interest” and “Prime Suspect” for me tonight.

25. Rebecca says:

Sounds like a great return for Beavis and Butt-Head!