Exclusive

NCIS: LA Exclusive: Hetty Fires [Spoiler]!

The NCIS: Los Angeles team will be dealt quite a blow toward the end of November sweeps, when a botched assignment forces Hetty to winnow their ranks by one, TVLine has learned exclusively.

“Hetty drags out the dreadful chopping block, sharpens the blade, and she takes off Deeks’ head — figuratively,” executive producer Shane Brennan tells us of the episode airing Nov. 22, on CBS. “Yes, Deeks is fired.”

TVLine’s Law Enforcement Crushes Tournament: Sam Hanna vs. White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey!

Wait, what? Why is Deeks (played by Eric Christian Olsen) dispatched? “As you’ll see in the teaser of this episode, he screws up royally,” Brennan explains. “Hetty has no choice but to fire him. She has absolutely no choice.”

Though Deeks absorbs the recoil by returning to his roots at the LAPD, “The ramifications will be felt, especially with the Deeks-Kensi relationship,” Brennan previews. “Kensi (Daniela Ruah) takes it badly on a couple of levels.”

To the point that perhaps that she challenges the boss lady’s decision and gives Hetty a little lip? Actually… “Kensi gives Deeks a little lip,” Brennan answers, adding: “It is one not to be missed for the Kensi-Deeks fans.”

“It’s a really powerful episode with this great ‘What the hell has happened?!’ aspect to it,” Brennan continues. “But at the same time, it’s got comedy and lots of twists and turns.”

Matt’s Inside Line: NCIS: LA Boss Previews Kensi’s Backstory Reveal

It also features a nifty piece of stunt work, when Deeks finds himself “quite literally and figuratively out on a ledge, at a high-rise,” Brennan shares, noting that Olsen – oft assisted by his Navy SEAL/stuntman brother with such sequences – is “up for anything” when it comes to making the derring-do feel real.

“Eric is just loving this episode – though I don’t think the fans will like it much! And yet they will,” Brennan promises. “Eric is a fabulous actor and everything we throw at him he throws right back at us, and it’s 150-percent better than we ever imagined it would be.”

1. Deanna says:

Man, I hope he isn’t gone for good. I’m a huge fan of Deeks!! Hopefully he can come back as a probe agent. Please?!?!

2. apt221bbakerst says:

I really hate it when the writers do this to the main characters. I really hate when they get rid of the main characters or threaten to to boost interest. I agree with everyone else about Deeks. I didn’t care about him at first, but he is like an ugly dog. He eventually warms your heart and you can’t see yourself without him. He does great comedy relief and I think it is because he about to get married and probably wants some time off for the honeymoon that this is happening. I agree with everyone else as well. I think it is a repeat of what NCIS did and that he will come back a full time NCIS agent instead of LAPD. He will be back in a couple of episodes.

3. Marsha says:

take Deeks off the show & I will no longer watch NCIS Los Angeles.

4. Matt Brennan says:

If this is real and Deeks is off the show I’m now watching NCIS LA ever again!!!

5. Geri Martorano says:

If it’s not broken why try to fix it? I’ve come to choose NCIS LA over NCIS because of the interraction of the cast. I do hope there is a legitimate reason for Deeks to leave the scene (other than the story line); specifically, his choice since he will soon be a married man and may want to live in a different area. He will be missed whatever the reason.

6. Area says:

I care only with Sam, Callen and Hetty. Deeks can go away of the show!

7. Cc says:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!NONONONONONO!!!!! be still my heart! ;(

8. Bernadette says:

The only way I like this storyline if it gets Deeks moving on two fronts …becoming an NCIS agent and Kensi ! The scenes between those two better be good ! Hopefully the situation gives him time to realize what he has lost !

9. Debi says:

Letting go of Deeks is a big mistake! He is one of NCIS:LA family. He is one of the reasons I watch. Please reconsider.

10. michelle says:

Good, get rid of Deeks from the team so him and Kensi can date. Keep him on the show as her boyfriend.

11. kevin says:

This could be bad news for NCIS: L.A. fans at least for how many more years this NCIS spin-off going to last.

12. Fatihah says:

if deeks is gone I’m gone too.

13. Daniela says:

Nooo, pls don’t do that!! I like Callen but Deeks is the main reason for I watch NCIS-LA! Don’t know if I’ll do yet if he leaves. Bye from Italy

14. Chapis Papi says:

1st Hetty NOW Deeks?! Just leave the characters alone, go back to the whole NCIS OPs investigation!!!!!!

15. Izzy says:

I don’t think that Eric Christian Olsen is gonna be gone for good. I looked up an episode guide thing and it says Eric Christian Olsen is on for the entire season. Plus I don’t think they would take him away from Kensi like that and there would be stuff about Eric leaving the show if he was gone permanently. And I also read an interview with Eric about a Kensi/Deeks moment where they are ball room dancing and stuff while undercover. I think it’s later in the season than episode ten. Maybe a couple episodes he’ll be back at LAPD but then Hetty will figure out a way to bring him back to NCIS. Hetty cares about her Agents and she really likes Deeks, so he’ll be back for sure! Hopefully this pushes Kensi and Deeks in the right directions tho cuz their so cute together!

16. lovelastar says:

ECO will be out for a few episodes? Because he’s getting married?

That’s fine, because I want to know more of Sam and Kensi.

Why only talk about Deeks? Callen I understand why the story of his life is long, but Deeks came later and we saw more of him than Sam and Kensi.

I like of Deeks, but I want to see more of Sam and Kensi.

17. Micch says:

If they get rid I Deeks they lose me as a viewer!

18. Debbie in op.chemotherapy says:

Being a fan of both NCIS and NCIS LA and having never misses any episodes of either shows I find this anouncement interesting.On NCIS when Kate was shot and killed off the show there was no press release of an impending change in her storyline. The creator of NCIS LA, Shane Brennan, has already decided the fate of the Deeks character. Shane knows the fans will patiently wait, taking the long weekly journey to the end of season 3 waiting to see what will happen to Deeks. As most fans have already stated Eric may be taking some personal time, vacation time, or he could simply be changing to recurring status so that he may pursue additional projects. Eric is a gifted actor. He continues to entertain all of us thru film, television,comedy and singing. Weither we see him on NCIS LA or not we will see him somewhere in this industry entertaing all of us as he knows he has many loyal fans whom will continue to support him. I personally feel that we will be seeing Eric again during NCIS LA season 3.

19. Mitchell says:

I believe the key words are in this quote that Shane Brennan said in this article” Eric is just loving this episode – though I don’t think the fans will like it much! And yet they will.” I do not think they are going to get rid of a character that is becoming to be loved so quickly. No show is so dumb to set up all these relationships just to be fired and never to be seen again. NCIS LA is top show for a reason, like everyone has said. If it was going to be a big shocker the spoiler would never have gotten out. I know as much as anyone Mr. Brennan would have kept his mouth shut.

20. fatihah says:

what is the big screw up that deeks did royally?

21. vicky says:

please dont get rid of Deeks he is great wouldnt e the sam without him ….does anyone know when NCIS either one is back on in the uk please please thanks

22. EugeneSr says:

I think she (Hetty) is his mother’s sister.

23. Nina says:

Oh!NO! The relationship between Kensi and Deeks is the reason why I still follow with this episode.

24. Alan says:

Do any of the LA Fans know what Deeks meant by wanting to be a butanger? I know that bu is Malibu and I know what tang has been used for, but I haven’t a clue what he meant by tanger.

Deeks is the funny part of the show and his relationship with Kensi is great. I do not think that he will be gone, any more than he will shave or get a decent haircut.

25. LisaG says:

I wish they would stop painting Deeks as a goofy screw up. The man passed the bar, is a lawyer, was a fantastic undercover cop for the LAPD…he’s much sharper and smarter than NCIS is making him look. Yes, he’s fantastic comedic relief, but the team CONSTANTLY makes fun of him, his clothes, his life…this week it was his supposed accent. Enough already! Please make the team RESPECT our dear sweet Marty!

26. Danno says:

I’m sure he’ll be back in a few episodes in one way or another. Everything always works out perfectly on TV. Besides, if Deeks is so popular, getting rid of him will just hurt ratings and they ain’t gonna do that to one of the most popular shows on television.

27. Helena says:

Greetings from Portugal!
    We are all very proud of Daniela Ruah! You go girl!
    Well, it’ll be such a big mistake if Deeks leaves now. He has brought so much to the show… Anyone can see that. Fans will be so mad…

28. eve says:

I agree on STOP depicting Deeks as the one that screws up! He is so good at his job and smart and over all has the biggest heart! I am sure he´ll be back otherwise I´ll stop watching as only started because of his character. I hope there is a smart alter reason for him to be fired!

29. Dave says:

Does anybody know what he deal is with kensi’s eye?

30. Douglas Becker says:

Perhaps NCIS Los Angeles will go the way of Law and Order:

NCIS U.K. anyone?

;).

31. Jess says:

Was i the only one who thought kissing when they said ‘kensi gives deeks a little lip’? so excited

32. Bridget says:

Please let this temporary. Writers, please, listen to your fans. Don’t send Deeks away, the show would not be complete without him!

33. alejandra says:

DONT FIRE DEEKS HE WAS THE REASON I EVEN STARTED WACTHING IT. HE AND KENSI WERE UNDERCOVER AS A COUPLE BUYING AN ENGANMENT RING, AND IT WAS SO FUNNY!!!!. DONT FIRE HIM…. AND ALSO IF HE DOESN’T GET FIRED AN HE AND KENSI ARE GOING STRONG THEN THERE SHOULD BE ONE ABOUT, WHERE KENSI’S EX-FIANCEE FREAPEARS, AND THEY SHOULD ALSO TRY TO FIND WHI WAS THE PERSON WHO MURDERED HE FATHER

34. janie harris says:

I had previously watched NCIS LA when it first began and it didn’t hold my interest. While at a friend’s I saw an episode this summer and immediately fell in love with Kensi and Deeks. They definitely gave the show what it had been missing. If Deeks leave the show I will never watch it again. (additionally he’s rather handsome)

35. mooky says:

Please lets Deeks together with Kensi all the show. i love them so much.

36. floyd says:

Yes this is a cliff hanger, does anyone remember the paper work Hetty gave Deeks regarding to become a full NCIS AGENT! any yes the tension between him and kensi has been building, we will have to wait and see, since Director Vance has the final word. and yes Hetty and Callan are some what related, the house she arranged for him from his childhood. the tatoo

37. Rob Harrison says:

Deeks? A haircut & shave?
    Credibility and longevity. as is? illogical as they have him in his old character in undercover.

38. luzaan says:

Why must Deeks leave NCIS!??? Deeks and Kensi is the hole reason why I watch ncis!! It will never ever be the same without him :'( :(