Classic Law-Enforcement Hotties Do Battle: Alias, CSI, NYPD Blue, Miami Vice, Lost, and More!

We’ve reached Day 4 of our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, and the face-offs aren’t getting any easier.

Indeed, today’s polls pit a fan favorite from The Wire against one from The Shield; plus we’ve got NYPD Blue vs. CSI; Alias vs. Miami Vice; and Lost vs. Silk Stalkings. By this time next week, only half of the combatants in our 64-player, single-elimination showdown will have advanced to Round 2, so your vote definitely counts!

Tomorrow, the “current” half of our bracket continues with characters who still reside on the small screen. Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you committing crimes and misdemeanors on the off chance one of our competitors shows up to cuff you. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

What’s more, if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (38)

• Sadly, very little to vote on this round. I never watched (or watch as the case is with CSI) the shows in Brackets 1 and 4 of this round. But, I do get to put my vote behind Sidney’s dad, Jack Bristow, and Sawyer (hmmm Josh Holloway).

Comment by Melody – October 27, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why isn’t Vaughn here too? Alias was awesome in its heyday.

Comment by K – October 27, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Look at the entire bracket – he’s there. It’s just not his day, yet.

Comment by keila – October 27, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is in an upcoming match up. Wait for it!

Comment by Sally – October 27, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Check the FULL COMPLETE bracket – he’s on there. There’a link at the end of the article up there.

Comment by Bernadette – October 27, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spy-daddy FTW! YAY Jack Bristow! Though, can we please get to Vaughn. :)

Comment by Keila – October 27, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, Vaughn. <3 Jack Bristow kicks ass!

Comment by Sally – October 27, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jack Bristow all the way!

Comment by Kate – October 27, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • McNulty!!!!!!!

Comment by Amanda – October 27, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come oooooooooooooooon, Jack Bristow! <3

Comment by Amanda Leigh – October 27, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jimmy McNulty! He deserves to win for the simple fact that he is on the best tv show ever. Plus,he is pretty hot.

Comment by MJ – October 27, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Shield vs. The Wire?! That is just cruel!

Comment by Sally – October 27, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Don Johnson. Was completely convinced as a kid that I was
    going to marry Crockett one day. Still think its one of the best
    shows to ever come out of the 80s.

Comment by Courtney – October 27, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too! can’t believe he’s losing here!!

Comment by mani – October 27, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s very hard to win when your competition is Spy Daddy aka Jack Bristow aka Victor Garber aka That Guy All Those People Love.

Comment by Holly – October 27, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m shocked that Crockett is losing!

Comment by Aprilcot26 – October 28, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spydaddy FTW!!! No one was ever more badass than him.

Comment by LB – October 27, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack Bristow owns my heart<3

Comment by Samantha – October 27, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Warrick Brown Period

Comment by sharp – October 27, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo!! Just saw an upcoming face off between Michael Varten and Carlos Bernanrd…why did it have to be my two favourites?!

Comment by Alison – October 27, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • exactlyyyyyyyyy dammmmmn i will go with almeida though!

Comment by Lili – October 28, 2011 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know most of them, so today it’s basically Sawyer;)
    Oh, and I remember Warrick, so vote for him too;)

Comment by JustineK – October 27, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Silk Stockings! Talk about a blast from the past. I loved that show!

Comment by Kaiulani – October 27, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! I HATE that he had to go against Sawyer in round 1… He never sttod a chance!

Comment by Amanda – October 27, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pitting Sawyer against Chris is cruel! I loved Silk Stalkings and Chris Lorenzo was one of my first tv crushes. I voted for him of course but there’s not a chance he can win when his competition is Sawyer from Lost. BTW, could someone explain to me how Sawyer is considered Law Enforcement?

Comment by lacey – October 27, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That alternate universe ep where Sawyer was a cop

Comment by LadyCap – October 27, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t say much for your seeding on this elimination poll.
    You place very popular. . . and relatively current. . .cops together and then place some obscure ones from the past.
    I guess you’re trying to not show a more recent bias, but I still think that your match ups are poor.

Comment by J.Norman – October 27, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO JACK BRISTOW!! That’s the only one I voted on because it was the only one I watched regularly.

Comment by TayMads – October 27, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack Bristow all the way! Gosh, I love Alias so much and I really miss it.

Comment by Fallon – October 27, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Warrick Brown, Jack Bristow, Chris Lorenzo and Jim McNulty. Nuff said.

Comment by Alicia – October 27, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I know the voters here MUST be on crack. Or under 25.

That old dude vs James Sonny Crocket?????

Get real, there is NO competition.

Comment by Dee – October 27, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jack Bristow could peel Sonny Crockett like a grape!!!! Or scare the bodily fluids out of him at the very least!!!!

Comment by Janet Cooper – October 29, 2011 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The least exciting match-ups yet… I doubt any of these guys will make it that far.

Comment by Brendan – October 27, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Fair! Putting Chris Lorenzo against Sideways Sawyer. Chris Lorenzo’s character was on eps last seen in December of 1995. Anyone under 30 wouldnt even know about him.

Comment by LadyCap – October 27, 2011 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Crockett is out of his league here, most of the crowd was too young in his heyday.

More importantly, I cannot believe that making brackets like this counts as part of you all’s jobs. I will always be jealous.

Comment by Kat – October 28, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to see Sideways Sawyer kicking the most ass in these pairings. As it should be. Damn, I miss having Sawyer on my TV!

Comment by Kathryn – October 28, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post