Exclusive

Glee Exclusive: Surprising New Love Triangle to Take Shape During Sweeps [SPOILER ALERT]

A new romantic tug-of-war is brewing on Glee that threatens to reawaken a bitter rivalry between two of McKinley High’s most formidable divas.

Which divas you ask?

Hint No. 1: It’s not Rachel and Quinn. Hint No. 2: It is… Beiste and Sue!

Glee Spoiler Alert: Who’s Quitting New Directions Next?

And the man in the middle of love kerfuffle? Why, it’s none other than the new football recruiter played by Eric Bruskotter.

Although Bruskotter’s character, Johnny, was brought in to cast a spell over Dot-Marie Jones’ lovelorn Bieste, sources now confirm exclusively to TVLine that the 24 actor will also have ties to Jane Lynch’s Sue.

“In Episode 7, we find out that Bieste’s new man is Sue’s booty call,” reveals the insider. “The two ladies end up fighting for him. Not sure yet who wins… “

Glee Exclusive: Look Who’s Returning!

Unofficial Vegas oddsmakers have Sue ahead by the tiniest of margins, but I have a hunch Bieste will win out in the end. Who do you think will emerge victorious? Place your bets in the comments section!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Lee says:

I have a feeling it will be Bieste…and it will help launch the beginning of the end for Sue’s Congressional run…

2. Luis M. says:

I just LOVE everything about this.

3. Dessy says:

seriously?

4. Ellen says:

Beiste!(same tone of voice as “Stella!”)

5. Elizabeth says:

I hope it’s Bieste! She’s such a fun character and this will bring new depth for her!

6. Aleksa says:

Team Bieste!

7. Hands says:

Wow, just…wow. How incredibly stupid. Why aren’t they dealing with the numerous loose ends they have instead of creating dumb storylines.

8. Paul says:

This must be who (spoiler)Beiste is singing Jolene to.

• Michelle says:

Why put spoiler in the middle of the sentence?. Why not put it before you start the sentence? It’s not cooler either way. (Not that I care about the spoiler itself…no big whoop)

9. Sally says:

This show continues to be one hot mess. What else is new?

10. Merpity says:

….. what.. the.. flying spaghetti monster….

……………

I <3 Beiste… but come on…

11. Darcy says:

Anyone who wouldn’t choose Coach Bieste over Sue is a fool.

12. jaded says:

I want both to have their OWN man! But if I have to choose a team, although I love Sue, I have to go with Bieste! Team Bieste!!

13. Caroline says:

This has got to be one the best plotlines this show has pumped out in a while. Team Beiste!

14. J says:

Way to slap two strong female characters in the face by having them fight each other for a man.

15. pv says:

My thoughts exactly. I loathe this type of plot line. Women fighting over a man, gag me with the sexism.

So glad I gave up on Glee towards the end of last season.

16. babygate says:

If I have to choose I would go for Beisty because she is so compelling in the romance department. But seriously! This is implausible at best! I know the show is a comedy. I didn’t realize it was meant to be cartoonish though. Way to make two great and funny ladies look foolish.

17. Jacky says:

Bieste FTW!!!!!!!!!!

18. not impressed says:

“Glee Exclusive: Surprising New Love Triangle to Take Shape During Sweeps [SPOILER ALERT]” As if a stupid love triangle storyline with Sue, Beiste and some random guy will actually increase the viewers…

19. Liana in San Diego says:

I chose Beiste over Sue, but I deplore the plot line as being insulting to the women… they fight over a man? How ridiculous is that from two strong women. I realize that the show pretends to be a comedy, but this is awful plot writing.

20. Erin says:

Oh my, give Glee a break! Some of you expect to much of this show. Sexism? Really. Glee is just using this to create some comedy, which is probably going to be entertaining. “Johnny” is just a recuiter and probably won’t be on Glee for too long. Love triangles seems to be Glee’s forte. And really the show only used love triangles as filler’s or angst for Finchel. Just enjoy the show, if you think its ridiculous go watch Jersey Shore or something with the Kardashians or better yet don’t watch.

• Claire says:

I echo your “give me a break” — Sue may be a strong woman but she already has been shown to be a person who will pick a fight with everybody who crosses her path (except Becky, of course). So it makes perfect sense that she’d mix it up with Beiste if she thought Beiste were getting attention from a man she felt should be hers.

• Karen says:

Amen! I’ve become very tired of readers of these blogs who judge the episodes before they ever air. C’mon. Let’s let the show develop and just enjoy it for it’s awesome music, engaging actors, and sheer entertainment. For those of you who participate in these blogs simply to have a forum to talk about something you so obviously dislike—–try writing on one that you DO like. You’ll feel better, and so will everybody else.

• Tvaddict says:

Karen, I like your Post. Seems like comments sections have become the place for hate spewing and bullying. TV is for entertainment, there are so many channels and shows to chose from and we all have varying tastes. Love Glee, can’t wait for new episodes!

• Anna says:

I’m with you Erin! C’mon people, it’s TV. They are going to pit characters against one another no matter what the situation. The fight is going to most likely be something along the lines of Beiste actually likes the guy and Sue just wants everything she can’t have. So they fight about it because there is no way Sue would go down without a fight. So calm down people it’s not a big deal.

21. STW says:

To the writer of the article: It’s “B E I S T E” — she spells it out in the very first episode.

If it’s kept minimal and believable (in the vein of the interacts between Sue, Rod, and Janet in Mash-Up), it might be fun. If it becomes too big a story and gets cartoonish, it’ll detract from the show and do damage to both Dot’s and Jane’s characters.

22. Lynda says:

Beiste gets my vote. Can’t wait to see how the story unravels.

23. joe says:

A diva (English pronunciation: /ˈdiːvə/, Italian: [ˈdiːva]) is a celebrated female singer. The term is used to describe a woman of outstanding talent in the world of opera, and, by extension, in theatre, cinema and popular music

First stop calling every woman a diva. The only diva you have mentioned is Rachel cause she can actually sing.

24. Petra says:

I love it. Finally some attention to someone other than Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Blaine en Shue. I just wish some of the attention would go to Puck :(

25. shawn says:

i love the idea of this plot in theory but they’re going to make sue do something thats so incredibly over the top that its just going to be camp instead of subtle humor (which beiste’s character brings to the show) i hated that they had to make mention of her chickens each day for lunch, it was almost like look at me, look at our joke, laugh at it, we said laugh. i hope that we see more beiste and less sue this season, jane lynch is a talented actress but sue is a tired character

26. Gleeman says:

Johnny?

27. Jackson says:

i voted for sue

28. Ali says:

GO Bieste!! I don’t know if anyone should take Sue’s sloppy seconds, but if he makes Bieste happy, go for it girl.

29. econruth says:

Any storyline that gives us more Beiste is fine by me. Too bad they had to ruin it by adding more Sue. Uggghhh!

30. Jolene says:

“Coach Sue, Coach Sue, Coach Sue, Coach Sueeeeeee, please don’t take my man, Coach Susan. Oh you could have your choice of men, but I will never love again. He’s the only one for me, Susan!”

31. cheryl says:

I dont think either will win :]

32. Brian says:

I keep trying to watch this show and hope that it gets back to what it was when it started. Storylines like this make me think it will never happen… Jane Lynch can pull of playing a straight woman. However, the woman that plays Bieste is REALLY REALLY butch and there’s no way I can believe her character is not a lesbian… Besides all of that, this plot sounds incredibly lame.

33. sue says: