Glee Exclusive: Surprising New Love Triangle to Take Shape During Sweeps [SPOILER ALERT]

Get More: Exclusive, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers

A new romantic tug-of-war is brewing on Glee that threatens to reawaken a bitter rivalry between two of McKinley High’s most formidable divas.

Which divas you ask?

Hint No. 1: It’s not Rachel and Quinn. Hint No. 2: It is… Beiste and Sue!

Glee Spoiler Alert: Who’s Quitting New Directions Next?

And the man in the middle of love kerfuffle? Why, it’s none other than the new football recruiter played by Eric Bruskotter.

Although Bruskotter’s character, Johnny, was brought in to cast a spell over Dot-Marie Jones’ lovelorn Bieste, sources now confirm exclusively to TVLine that the 24 actor will also have ties to Jane Lynch’s Sue.

“In Episode 7, we find out that Bieste’s new man is Sue’s booty call,” reveals the insider. “The two ladies end up fighting for him. Not sure yet who wins… “

Glee Exclusive: Look Who’s Returning!

Unofficial Vegas oddsmakers have Sue ahead by the tiniest of margins, but I have a hunch Bieste will win out in the end. Who do you think will emerge victorious? Place your bets in the comments section!

Comments (45)

• I have a feeling it will be Bieste…and it will help launch the beginning of the end for Sue’s Congressional run…

Comment by Lee – October 27, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just LOVE everything about this.

Comment by Luis M. – October 27, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • seriously?

Comment by Dessy – October 27, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beiste!(same tone of voice as “Stella!”)

Comment by Ellen – October 27, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahahhahahahahha that’s great!

Comment by Juliana – October 27, 2011 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Bieste! She’s such a fun character and this will bring new depth for her!

Comment by Elizabeth – October 27, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Bieste!

Comment by Aleksa – October 27, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hell Yeah! Bieste for the win!

Comment by Scott – October 27, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, just…wow. How incredibly stupid. Why aren’t they dealing with the numerous loose ends they have instead of creating dumb storylines.

Comment by Hands – October 27, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This must be who (spoiler)Beiste is singing Jolene to.

Comment by Paul – October 27, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why put spoiler in the middle of the sentence?. Why not put it before you start the sentence? It’s not cooler either way. (Not that I care about the spoiler itself…no big whoop)

Comment by Michelle – October 28, 2011 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show continues to be one hot mess. What else is new?

Comment by Sally – October 27, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ….. what.. the.. flying spaghetti monster….

……………

I <3 Beiste… but come on…

Comment by Merpity – October 27, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone who wouldn’t choose Coach Bieste over Sue is a fool.

Comment by Darcy – October 27, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want both to have their OWN man! But if I have to choose a team, although I love Sue, I have to go with Bieste! Team Bieste!!

Comment by jaded – October 27, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has got to be one the best plotlines this show has pumped out in a while. Team Beiste!

Comment by Caroline – October 27, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to slap two strong female characters in the face by having them fight each other for a man.

Comment by J – October 27, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank you!

Comment by Stefanie – October 27, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED! That’s exactly what I was thinking!

Comment by kae – November 29, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My thoughts exactly. I loathe this type of plot line. Women fighting over a man, gag me with the sexism.

So glad I gave up on Glee towards the end of last season.

Comment by pv – October 27, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why you reading the article then?? TEAM BEISTE!!!!!!!

Comment by Skye – October 28, 2011 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • your really dumb.. hahah “gag me”?? wierdo

Comment by katy – November 27, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I have to choose I would go for Beisty because she is so compelling in the romance department. But seriously! This is implausible at best! I know the show is a comedy. I didn’t realize it was meant to be cartoonish though. Way to make two great and funny ladies look foolish.

Comment by babygate – October 27, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bieste FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jacky – October 27, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Glee Exclusive: Surprising New Love Triangle to Take Shape During Sweeps [SPOILER ALERT]” As if a stupid love triangle storyline with Sue, Beiste and some random guy will actually increase the viewers…

Comment by not impressed – October 27, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I chose Beiste over Sue, but I deplore the plot line as being insulting to the women… they fight over a man? How ridiculous is that from two strong women. I realize that the show pretends to be a comedy, but this is awful plot writing.

Comment by Liana in San Diego – October 27, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my, give Glee a break! Some of you expect to much of this show. Sexism? Really. Glee is just using this to create some comedy, which is probably going to be entertaining. “Johnny” is just a recuiter and probably won’t be on Glee for too long. Love triangles seems to be Glee’s forte. And really the show only used love triangles as filler’s or angst for Finchel. Just enjoy the show, if you think its ridiculous go watch Jersey Shore or something with the Kardashians or better yet don’t watch.

Comment by Erin – October 27, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I echo your “give me a break” — Sue may be a strong woman but she already has been shown to be a person who will pick a fight with everybody who crosses her path (except Becky, of course). So it makes perfect sense that she’d mix it up with Beiste if she thought Beiste were getting attention from a man she felt should be hers.

Comment by Claire – October 27, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! I’ve become very tired of readers of these blogs who judge the episodes before they ever air. C’mon. Let’s let the show develop and just enjoy it for it’s awesome music, engaging actors, and sheer entertainment. For those of you who participate in these blogs simply to have a forum to talk about something you so obviously dislike—–try writing on one that you DO like. You’ll feel better, and so will everybody else.

Comment by Karen – October 28, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Karen, I like your Post. Seems like comments sections have become the place for hate spewing and bullying. TV is for entertainment, there are so many channels and shows to chose from and we all have varying tastes. Love Glee, can’t wait for new episodes!

Comment by Tvaddict – October 29, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you Erin! C’mon people, it’s TV. They are going to pit characters against one another no matter what the situation. The fight is going to most likely be something along the lines of Beiste actually likes the guy and Sue just wants everything she can’t have. So they fight about it because there is no way Sue would go down without a fight. So calm down people it’s not a big deal.

Comment by Anna – November 6, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To the writer of the article: It’s “B E I S T E” — she spells it out in the very first episode.

If it’s kept minimal and believable (in the vein of the interacts between Sue, Rod, and Janet in Mash-Up), it might be fun. If it becomes too big a story and gets cartoonish, it’ll detract from the show and do damage to both Dot’s and Jane’s characters.

Comment by STW – October 27, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beiste gets my vote. Can’t wait to see how the story unravels.

Comment by Lynda – October 27, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A diva (English pronunciation: /ˈdiːvə/, Italian: [ˈdiːva]) is a celebrated female singer. The term is used to describe a woman of outstanding talent in the world of opera, and, by extension, in theatre, cinema and popular music

First stop calling every woman a diva. The only diva you have mentioned is Rachel cause she can actually sing.

Comment by joe – October 27, 2011 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it. Finally some attention to someone other than Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Blaine en Shue. I just wish some of the attention would go to Puck :(

Comment by Petra – October 27, 2011 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love the idea of this plot in theory but they’re going to make sue do something thats so incredibly over the top that its just going to be camp instead of subtle humor (which beiste’s character brings to the show) i hated that they had to make mention of her chickens each day for lunch, it was almost like look at me, look at our joke, laugh at it, we said laugh. i hope that we see more beiste and less sue this season, jane lynch is a talented actress but sue is a tired character

Comment by shawn – October 27, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Johnny?

Comment by Gleeman – October 28, 2011 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i voted for sue

Comment by Jackson – October 28, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO Bieste!! I don’t know if anyone should take Sue’s sloppy seconds, but if he makes Bieste happy, go for it girl.

Comment by Ali – October 28, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any storyline that gives us more Beiste is fine by me. Too bad they had to ruin it by adding more Sue. Uggghhh!

Comment by econruth – October 28, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Coach Sue, Coach Sue, Coach Sue, Coach Sueeeeeee, please don’t take my man, Coach Susan. Oh you could have your choice of men, but I will never love again. He’s the only one for me, Susan!”

Comment by Jolene – October 31, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont think either will win :]

Comment by cheryl – November 1, 2011 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I keep trying to watch this show and hope that it gets back to what it was when it started. Storylines like this make me think it will never happen… Jane Lynch can pull of playing a straight woman. However, the woman that plays Bieste is REALLY REALLY butch and there’s no way I can believe her character is not a lesbian… Besides all of that, this plot sounds incredibly lame.

Comment by Brian – November 3, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post