The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching Wednesday

On your TV this Wednesday: a Survivor shocker, many sitcom tricks and treats, and frightful times for Shawn, Gus, Ben and Vivien. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original features and reporting, here are 12 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm World Series Game 6 (Fox) | Barring a possible rain-out, the action returns to St. Louis with the Rangers looking to seal the deal. Or do the Cards have a bit more fight left in ’em?

8 pm Survivor: South Pacific (CBS) |  One tribe is shocked, I tell you, shocked, when one of their players makes a risky move that “will go down in Survivor history,” CBS attests.

8 pm The Middle (ABC) | Frankie reluctantly volunteers to take Brick’s socially awkward social skills group trick-or-treating; embarrassed after wearing a childish costume to a high school party, Sue asks a her dad for advice on what boys want.

8:30 pm Suburgatory (ABC) | Tessa’s “suburban” choice in Halloween costume reminds her classmates of a recent local tragedy — awkward! — while George gets a scare when Dallas’ husband (played by Jay Mohr) finally returns from one of his many business trips.

Halloween Hot Shots: See Who’s Dressed as What on The Middle, Psych and 9 Other Shows

9 pm America’s Next Top Model (The CW) | The models pose as reality stars for a photo shoot; Kathy Griffin guest judges.

9 pm Man Vs. Food Nation (Travel) | A Nebraska radio broadcaster attempts to consume five pounds of pig wings and three pounds of corn nuggets in one hour. To paraphrase a onetime coworker, “You eat that much food that fast, it’s gonna come out angry.”

9:30 pm Happy Endings (ABC) | Leading out of last year’s Modern Family Halloween episode (“Wellllcome to your niiightmare!”), this sophomore sitcom sends most of the gang to a costume party, while Jane and Brad get more tricks than treats while house-sitting for friends in the suburbs.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Psych, American Horror Story and More!

10 pm Psych (USA Network) | Lassiter’s sexy new honey (guest star Kristy Swanson) is in the mood for necking — meaning, the boys come to suspect she’s a bloodthirsty vampire.

10 pm Top Chef: Just Desserts (Bravo) | Season 2 finale: The final three chefs compete in a Top Chef version of the prestigious Meilleurs Ouvriers de France — aka “the World Series of pastry competitions.”

10 pm American Horror Story (FX) | Part 1 of a Halloween-set arc has the Harmons doing their best to make their on-the-market home look festive and inviting… and not quite so Murder House-y. Zachary Quinto (Heroes) and Teddy Sears (Raising the Bar) pop up as the ill-fated couple who previously inhabited the deadly domicile.

10 pm Whitechapel (BBC America) | U.S. premiere: A novice Detective Inspector (MI-5‘s Rupert Penry-Jones), a Detective Sergeant (Phil Davis) and a ‘Ripperologist’ (Steve Pemberton) investigate a modern-day killer who is aping Jack the Ripper’s infamous murders down to the tiniest detail.

10 pm Revenge (ABC) | It’s the Fourth of July, so expect fireworks when an incriminating surveillance video pits the Graysons against private eye Frank, which in turn spells trouble for Nolan and Emily.

What will you be watching this Wednesday?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Sarah says:

Is criminal minds on tonight?

2. Lorie says:

Matt, thanks for the scoop on Whitechapel. Hope it’s as good as L&O:UK. I’ll set my DVR to record it.
    Looking forward to seeing Jay Mohr on Suburgatory. Can’t wait to see Psych!

3. fernando says:

Revenge for me lol.

4. Shelly says:

Revenge! Psych! Too bad they’re on at the same time :/

5. Templar says:

Psych is top priority tonight. Just the pic of Shawn as LeStat is priceless. That and tomorrow’s TBBT are highlights of the week.

6. Emily says:

Wonder why Modern Family is a repeat? Last year’s Halloween was funny but I was hoping that this year Claire would give up the dream and just turn off all the lights. Phil in the dark trying not to answer the door . . . priceless. :)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I reckon they figured they had made their solid contribution to classic sitcom Halloween lore, so they opted to avoid comparison and sit this one out.

7. scooterbeanbag says:

Wed night is the best night on TV. My DVR works hard just to keep up with me.

8. Plum says:

I’m hankering for American Horror Story, I think that house needed a family of badasses as occupants; the Harmon’s are pretty darn tough.

If baseball is rained out will Fox air anything new? I’m forgetting what the kids from Glee look like, and I wouldn’t mind some new Bones neither.

9. Pam says:

Go Cards!

But I will definitely be watching Psych. AHS is just okay to me. It’s not very scary and none of the characters are very likable.

I will definitely check out Whitechapel, though. I enjoy most of what BBC America has to offer, however, I still have the last 3 episodes of Luther to watch. Last year it took me six months. :|

10. brandy says:

Top Model and Revenge

11. tp says:

When Bones returns I will have to watch something live on another tv. Bones, POI and Grey’s all at the same time sucks.

12. Gerald says:

Suburgatory, Happy Endings, Revenge and American Horror Story.

13. MockingbirdGirl says:

I’ll be watching the Broadway-themed episode of SOUTH PARK that reunites Matt & Trey with their BOOK OF MORMON co-creator Robert Lopez! (Pretty shocked this didn’t make Matt’s list, to be honest.)

14. I think I’ll just DVR American Horror Story. My friends like it, but they won’t be around tonight, and it definitely isn’t the sort of show I want to watch alone right before bed!

15. Mal says:

Matt- Can you please correct the spelling of Nebraska?

I can’t wait for the ABC shows tonight; they all look hilarious. I started watching Happy Endings on Yahoo TV, and was loving it! I can’t wait to see the rest tonight.

16. rex says:

American Horror Story!!!!!!! This show is awesome!

My bet is that Bobby Donnell will go full Jack Torrance by the season’s end!

17. snick says:

I’ll be watching American Horror Story. Definitely. Show is nuts!