TVLine Items: 2 Broke Girls Adds Jennifer Coolidge, NCIS Reunites DiNozzos and More!

2 Broke Girls is adding one really funny lady.

Jennifer Coolidge is joining the cast of the hit CBS comedy, Deadline reports. The Legally Blonde and American Pie alumna will play Sophie, a hardworking — and bound-to-be hilarious — woman who moves into Caroline and Max’s Brooklyn apartment building.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish?

• Dorian Missick (The Cape) has booked a recurring gig on TNT’s Southland, playing the new partner of Regina King’s Detective Lydia Adams, Deadline reports. Season 4 of the critically acclaimed drama premieres Jan. 17.

• As a “thank you” to NCIS viewers for keeping the veteran drama No. 1 in viewers, CBS on Wednesday tweeted out a photo of Robert Wagner as Tony’s father, announcing that his encore is slated for November sweeps. Specifically, the DiNozzos’ family reunion is scheduled for Nov. 22.

• Katie Couric on Dancing With the Stars?! If the newest member of the ABC family has any say in the matter, you can count on it. “DWTS is my guilty pleasure!,” the journalist declared via Twitter. “1 day hope I’ll be on it…b4 I’m using a walker! Ha! But there might not be enuf anti perspirant on the planet!”

• NBC is rebooting the 1980s hit drama, Wiseguy. According to Deadline, the contemporary re-imagining will focus on a cop-turned-inmate who begins to work undercover for time off of his sentence.

• MTV has pulled the plug on its inspirational reality show, The Buried Life, after just two seasons, per EW.com.

• Comedy Central has renewed Workaholics for a second season, Variety reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Ben says:

Great news about Jennifer Coolidge, the show needs better supporting characters as that’s the area it’s failing most at.

• davey says:

Very true. I actually am enjoying the show – but really only for the two leads. The Asian restaurant owner and the chef (I’m not even sure of his nationality) are pretty racist characters (and only slightly funny). Looking forward to Coolidge!

• Nadine says:

I agree, great casting.

2. Renee says:

Isn’t Workaholics already in its second season right now? :)

• Devin says:

Yeah, the Variety article they linked to is from back in May. I was hoping they had news on a third season renewal, so that was a bit of a disappointment.

3. tejas says:

Great news that Robert Wagner will be back during sweeps! But that picture? That’s from Flesh & Blood, his first appearance as Senior. :-)

Not that any picture of Mr. Wagner is a bad thing. :-)

4. Marissa says:

The Robert Wagner photo is from Flesh and Blood, which aired in Season 7. The exclusive is the information, not the pic.

5. Mark says:

Agreed! I love her. She’s funny in nearly everything she does from Joey to A Cinderella Story. Can’t wait for this!

6. The Squatch says:

Funny. When I first saw Jennifer Coolidge was being added to 2 Broke Girls in the headline I immediately thought she would be playing Caroline’s mother for some reason. Ahh well. I think that would have been great.

7. Laurie says:

ENOUGH with the reboots/re-imaginings/re-whatevers! NBC, grow a brain. Forget the old WISEGUYS and Come. Up. With. Something. NEW.

8. Ed says:

I am really liking 2 Broke Girls, but adding Jennifer Coolidge is pure comedy gold!

9. Rich says:

Jennifer Coolidge? Perfect! All the more reason not to watch that one and done cloying crapfest.

10. Babygate says:

Jennifer Coolidge? LOVE IT! They can get rid of the creepy, CREEPY, cook that brings nothing to the show. And keep the owner in the background too. He’s ok but he’s not really funny. Oh, and can we have the hottie bartender back? He’s a keeper!

11. Jack says:

I LOVE that Jennifer Coolidge is joining 2 broke girls. Kinda like this show, it’s growing on me (last week’s episode was hilarious, this week’s not so much)… And now they r adding the original Milf! Love it!

12. Tania says:

As a fan of the original Wiseguy (who can forget Kevin Spacey’s excellent part in it), I have to ask, what is the deal with all these reboots? Have the powers that be from the various networks just gotten too lazy? Have they just run out of ideas for new material? Hawaii 5-0 is a classic example of a reboot that is wrong on so many levels . It is just there to appease the Alex O’Loughlin fans with the occasional shirtless scenes. There is no other reason for it. It is just LAZY.

13. Michael says:

I think adding Coolidge is an AWFUL idea. I am not a fan and don’t think she can add to an already very funny show