TVLine Items: 2 Broke Girls Adds Jennifer Coolidge, NCIS Reunites DiNozzos and More!

2 Broke Girls is adding one really funny lady.

Jennifer Coolidge is joining the cast of the hit CBS comedy, Deadline reports. The Legally Blonde and American Pie alumna will play Sophie, a hardworking — and bound-to-be hilarious — woman who moves into Caroline and Max’s Brooklyn apartment building.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish?

• Dorian Missick (The Cape) has booked a recurring gig on TNT’s Southland, playing the new partner of Regina King’s Detective Lydia Adams, Deadline reports. Season 4 of the critically acclaimed drama premieres Jan. 17.

• As a “thank you” to NCIS viewers for keeping the veteran drama No. 1 in viewers, CBS on Wednesday tweeted out a photo of Robert Wagner as Tony’s father, announcing that his encore is slated for November sweeps. Specifically, the DiNozzos’ family reunion is scheduled for Nov. 22.

• Katie Couric on Dancing With the Stars?! If the newest member of the ABC family has any say in the matter, you can count on it. “DWTS is my guilty pleasure!,” the journalist declared via Twitter. “1 day hope I’ll be on it…b4 I’m using a walker! Ha! But there might not be enuf anti perspirant on the planet!”

• NBC is rebooting the 1980s hit drama, Wiseguy. According to Deadline, the contemporary re-imagining will focus on a cop-turned-inmate who begins to work undercover for time off of his sentence.

• MTV has pulled the plug on its inspirational reality show, The Buried Life, after just two seasons, per EW.com.

• Comedy Central has renewed Workaholics for a second season, Variety reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (22)

• Great news about Jennifer Coolidge, the show needs better supporting characters as that’s the area it’s failing most at.

Comment by Ben – October 26, 2011 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very true. I actually am enjoying the show – but really only for the two leads. The Asian restaurant owner and the chef (I’m not even sure of his nationality) are pretty racist characters (and only slightly funny). Looking forward to Coolidge!

Comment by davey – October 26, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, great casting.

Comment by Nadine – October 27, 2011 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t Workaholics already in its second season right now? :)

Comment by Renee – October 26, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, the Variety article they linked to is from back in May. I was hoping they had news on a third season renewal, so that was a bit of a disappointment.

Comment by Devin – October 26, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Workaholics was picked up for it’s third season. It is currently in it’s second season.

Comment by Stacey – October 26, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news that Robert Wagner will be back during sweeps! But that picture? That’s from Flesh & Blood, his first appearance as Senior. :-)

Not that any picture of Mr. Wagner is a bad thing. :-)

Comment by tejas – October 26, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Robert Wagner photo is from Flesh and Blood, which aired in Season 7. The exclusive is the information, not the pic.

Comment by Marissa – October 26, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed! I love her. She’s funny in nearly everything she does from Joey to A Cinderella Story. Can’t wait for this!

Comment by Mark – October 26, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Funny. When I first saw Jennifer Coolidge was being added to 2 Broke Girls in the headline I immediately thought she would be playing Caroline’s mother for some reason. Ahh well. I think that would have been great.

Comment by The Squatch – October 26, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So did I.

I’m expecting them to cast Lori Petty as Max’s mom.

Comment by Michael Sacal – October 26, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ENOUGH with the reboots/re-imaginings/re-whatevers! NBC, grow a brain. Forget the old WISEGUYS and Come. Up. With. Something. NEW.

Comment by Laurie – October 26, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really liking 2 Broke Girls, but adding Jennifer Coolidge is pure comedy gold!

Comment by Ed – October 26, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Coolidge? Perfect! All the more reason not to watch that one and done cloying crapfest.

Comment by Rich – October 26, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Coolidge? LOVE IT! They can get rid of the creepy, CREEPY, cook that brings nothing to the show. And keep the owner in the background too. He’s ok but he’s not really funny. Oh, and can we have the hottie bartender back? He’s a keeper!

Comment by Babygate – October 26, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE that Jennifer Coolidge is joining 2 broke girls. Kinda like this show, it’s growing on me (last week’s episode was hilarious, this week’s not so much)… And now they r adding the original Milf! Love it!

Comment by Jack – October 26, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a fan of the original Wiseguy (who can forget Kevin Spacey’s excellent part in it), I have to ask, what is the deal with all these reboots? Have the powers that be from the various networks just gotten too lazy? Have they just run out of ideas for new material? Hawaii 5-0 is a classic example of a reboot that is wrong on so many levels . It is just there to appease the Alex O’Loughlin fans with the occasional shirtless scenes. There is no other reason for it. It is just LAZY.

Comment by Tania – October 26, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • completely agree. H5-0 sucks and I frankly can’t believe it’s still on.

Comment by jr – October 26, 2011 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think adding Coolidge is an AWFUL idea. I am not a fan and don’t think she can add to an already very funny show

Comment by Michael – October 26, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. While I love the American Pie movies (the ones that were shown in theaters) I never cared for her

Comment by Carmichael – October 26, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post