Jennifer Coolidge is joining the cast of the hit CBS comedy, Deadline reports. The Legally Blonde and American Pie alumna will play Sophie, a hardworking — and bound-to-be hilarious — woman who moves into Caroline and Max’s Brooklyn apartment building.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish?
• Dorian Missick (The Cape) has booked a recurring gig on TNT’s Southland, playing the new partner of Regina King’s Detective Lydia Adams, Deadline reports. Season 4 of the critically acclaimed drama premieres Jan. 17.
• As a “thank you” to NCIS viewers for keeping the veteran drama No. 1 in viewers, CBS on Wednesday tweeted out a photo of Robert Wagner as Tony’s father, announcing that his encore is slated for November sweeps. Specifically, the DiNozzos’ family reunion is scheduled for Nov. 22.
• Katie Couric on Dancing With the Stars?! If the newest member of the ABC family has any say in the matter, you can count on it. “DWTS is my guilty pleasure!,” the journalist declared via Twitter. “1 day hope I’ll be on it…b4 I’m using a walker! Ha! But there might not be enuf anti perspirant on the planet!”
• NBC is rebooting the 1980s hit drama, Wiseguy. According to Deadline, the contemporary re-imagining will focus on a cop-turned-inmate who begins to work undercover for time off of his sentence.
• MTV has pulled the plug on its inspirational reality show, The Buried Life, after just two seasons, per EW.com.
• Comedy Central has renewed Workaholics for a second season, Variety reports.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?