Exclusive

Exclusive: Is True Blood Casting Alcide's Father? (Plus Other Season 5 Intel)

The fifth season of True Blood promises to be a hairy one — the show is hunting for actors to play werewolves galore, including one who sounds suspiciously like he could be Alcide’s father!

The lycanthrope in question, J.D., is said to be a hard-bodied fiftysomething who isn’t likely to share a water bowl with the new pack leader anytime soon. And since 1) that sounds a lot like Alcide to begin with, and 2) his pop features prominently in Charlaine Harris’ fifth Sookie novel, well, you can do the math!

My picks to play the part? Maybe Andy Garcia? Mitch Pileggi, who just took another recurring role in the Dallas reboot… or what about Mr. Intensity himself, Vincent D’Onofrio?

We’ll also be meeting: former pack leader Marcus’ mother, Annie; a hot young she-wolf named Rikki who’s determined to sniff out the deceased’s fate; a couple of beta dogs charged with interrogating someone (my guess? Sam); Holly’s teenage sons, Rocky and Wade; a corrupt judge (aren’t they all?); a humorless vamp named Cat (to… balance out the canine/feline ratio?); and a couple of sexy spoilers for Jason and Jessica’s romance.

Add all that to what we already knew — that Salome (yes, the Salome) will feature prominently in the season, and so will Eric’s vamp sis, Nora — and it’s obvious that we’re in for another jam-packed season. Your thoughts? Any ideas about who you’d like to see cast as Alcide’s father? Hit the comments below!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Suzy Luera says:

how about Ron Perlman

2. Bonnee says:

Sam Elliot by FAR the hottest and man, when that man rolls in on two wheels the entire pack will howl!

3. Fsanchez says:

Who cares about the Weres. Their characters can’t compare to vampires and shifters. Their always getting their ass-kicked by everyone and their stories aren’t, even, in league with the other storylines. Their the most boring and pathetic supernaturals on the show.

4. Annoying teenager says:

Robert Pattison for Alcide’s dad!!

5. Alyssa says:

I think that Kurt Russell would be good for Alcide’s dad.

6. brenda says:

I agree with Katra-I would love to see Ian McShane!!! I loved him in Dead Wood

7. Terri Jackson says:

I think Alcides dad should be James Brolin. Still hot!

8. Rhonda says:

SAM ELLIOTT should be cast as Alcide’s father. Both soooo sexy.

9. Jenna says:

If they casting a father for Alcide they should also cast a Quinn the wertiger as a new love intrest for Sookie

10. bbussey says:

Can’t understand why it has to be an either/or thing with TB and TVD. Both shows are well done, each show uses their respective book series as a source of ideas and *not* a strict timeline, and each should be given a chance by people who love the other. To be honest, neither series would be worth watching if they parroted back what was in their respective book series.

If you watch both shows, without expecting them to mirror the book series they are based on, you would enjoy them more. And for people who love the genre, it works out extremely well as when one is broadcasting the other is on hiatus.

11. SamTrueBloodViewer says:

Alcide’s dad – Julian McMahon. The crew could age him a bit with makeup but he has the looks and the attitude to be Alcide’s dad

12. Veronica says:

Genius!!!! Jeffery Dean Morgan for the win! Although genus too young to play the padre :(

13. AWOL Gina says:

I love the idea of Andy Garcia as his Dad, most likely character to look related to Alcide especially, plus Garcia has never done anything like this, he’s usually doing mobsters or cop roles. I’d love to see him take on a role like this & I bet he’d enjoy doing something different as well.

As for all the other new characters, they did a rotten job of keeping up with the current cast in season 4, I am not happy they are introducing all these new ones, when there are so many issues never resolved from seasons 3 & 4 on current cast.
    Gina

14. manny says:

I think if cat is humorless as a character n a bitch I actually think Madonna would be a perfect fit. She’s not bad looking for her age. Cat is a 40 something character. And Madonna is a bitchy lady and she still has the look n would add spice to the cast. Yeah I think she would be a good fit for the show. She is pale naturally n she’s got the eyes n look of a vampire. She would be a perfect cast.

15. manny says:

As far as alcide’s dad why not add Lou diamond phillip. He’s 51 and has the hieght n build for the part. I think Joe manganiello is only 34. So it could.work

16. Allie Lanois says:

My nomination if he could be enticed to join the cast would be Eric Braeden (Victor Newman)from the soap…The Young and the Restless. He would make a great father for our Alcide and he sure has commanding presence…

17. Briony Myers says:

I cant beileve that eric has a vamp sister i mean thats not in thew books unless i havent read them properly knowing me thats it
    i hope his dad is in this season cos there is a awsome fight in the book wirth him in it and they cant leave it bit out cos then they wouldnt be following the book the book!!!!!

18. TBfan#12 says:

What’s Burt Reynolds doing these days? is he still alive? if he is, i’d like for him to be put in consideration for the role of Alcide’s father. I would also like to dominate i mean nominate Jeffrey Dean Morgan for the same role. AND i would like to thank the academy and the fans.

19. Jackie says:

andy garcia as alcides father all the way!!

20. Chrissy says:

My vote for Alcide’s father…..Jeffery Dean Morgan cause he can play any age he wants and he would look pretty damn great as a wolf!

21. maria says:

I would say Stellan Skarsgård or Andy Garcia would be great as Alcide’s father.

22. Maggie says:

Remember the admiral on the Jag series John M. Jackson. I think he would do really well for that role.

23. Tania says:

I think Sam Elliot would make the person to play the part of his dad..