Exclusive: Once Upon a Time Crowns Richard Schiff as Snow White's Royal Father

Having previously served under President Bartlet, Richard Schiff will soon lord over a dominion of his own — on Once Upon a Time.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Emmy-winning West Wing alum will guest star on ABC’s fantastical freshman series as the Enchanted Forest’s King Leopold, who also happens to be Snow White’s father.

Once Upon a Time First Look at Episode 2

While I shan’t reveal much more here, fairy tale enthusiasts can probably predict who this king will be wed to when we meet him in Episode 11. But what you very well might not know is what character’s somewhat tragic (yet thoroughly romantic) backstory he will figure into.

Schiff’s most recent TV credits include The Cape, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and an upcoming episode of NBC’s Up All Night (playing the father of another pretty princess, Christina Applegate).

Once Upon a Time will re-air its pilot this Sunday at 7/6c, leading into Episode 2 at 8 pm.

Comments (22)

• TOBY!!! I’m so happy right now. lol

Comment by kt – October 26, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right?!! I still miss The West Wing…but at least I have my box set.

Comment by LC – October 26, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TOBY!!! My thoughts exactly :)

Comment by Joan – October 26, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea!! I love this news! Loved watching Richard Schiff on The West Wing!

Comment by alr – October 26, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! He is such a diverse actor..can’t wait until that episode!!

Comment by Patricia – October 26, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST.

Comment by xav – October 26, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Bartlet, not Bartlett….

Comment by newsjunkie247 – October 26, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This has been fixed; sorry, I had a pear for middday snack. I hope that short-lived typo did not muddy your overall comprehension of the story.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 26, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You tell ‘em, Matt!

Comment by Lime – October 27, 2011 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoo hoo! I love seeing West Wingers back on my TV. He’ll be a fantastic addition to a show I already think is great.

Comment by Kelly – October 26, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show just keeps getting more exciting.

Comment by Ben – October 26, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show!!!

Comment by Randi – October 26, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have missed him so much. i would watch anything he’s in. really. i watched the cape.

Comment by emily – October 26, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha. But when I think about it, he was by far the best part of The Cape, and one of the extremely few good things about the show that was otherwise quite bad. He really is awesome.

Comment by Gusar – October 27, 2011 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Toby! I kind of am more excited to see if he pops up in Storybrook (I can’t remember if her father dies in the fairy tale or not),.

Comment by Alice – October 26, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for updating us on what’s going on on Once Upon a Time – my new & only TV addiction.

Comment by OUAT Fanatic – October 26, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good to me!

Comment by Justin – October 26, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love! Love! Love! Oh and did I say LOVE!?!?! Now I feel like watching “Mr Willis of Ohio”.

Comment by Steph – October 26, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • most annoying character ever

Comment by timelord – October 27, 2011 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Episode 11? ABC only ordered 12 to start with. I wonder how long ABC will wait before deciding to order the back half of the season. Maybe if the ratings hold up this week?

Comment by Michelle – October 27, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show.

Comment by Tracy – October 28, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited! He is going to be on the Adam Carolla podcast this Monday. I can’t wait to hear what he has to say about the show!

Comment by Maggie – November 27, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post