Cop 'Boyfriend' Bracket: White Collar, Justified, True Blood, Castle and Mentalist Enter the Fray!

Do these guys have guns in their pockets, or are they just happy to be competing in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament?

Who can say, really? All we know is that it’s Day 3 of our 64-player, single-elimination showdown, with characters from True Blood, White Collar, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Walking Dead, The Mentalist, Justified, and Castle joining the action.

Tomorrow, the “classic” half of our bracket continues with characters who are gone from the small screen, but hardly forgotten. Eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you committing crimes and misdemeanors on the off chance one of our competitors shows up to cuff you. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

What’s more, if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (86)

• Castle FTW!

Comment by Jerri – October 26, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Instead of LL Cool J you should have put Chris O’Donnel or Eric Christian Olsen from NCIS: LA =]

Comment by Ilana – October 26, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Sam’s hot. I just wish he wasn’t up against Neil. Who can really compare to Neil Caffrey? Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy looking at G. Callen, and always love the Callen/Hetty moments and Deeks is such a dork – it’s fun. Yet, Sam has intensity and all those fantastic muscles to enjoy.

Comment by Melody – October 26, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Neil Caffrey is good looking, but in a boring way, like a frat boy. LL is sexy.

Comment by Gretchen – October 26, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • White Collar guys are very good looking. So is LL Cool J.
          Matt Bomer would be the perfect looking man, if he just had a little weight on his bones.

Comment by carole – October 26, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • This was so hard to choose! I love Sam but Neil has that something special that just makes me smile

Comment by Alexis – October 26, 2011 05:10 PM PDT
        • bORING? lORD, LET ME BE BORED! ;-)

Comment by Dale Sullivan – October 27, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really this is going to come down to Castle and Booth….I’m calling it right now.

Comment by Michael – October 26, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not possible the way the bracket is set up.

Comment by Billy – October 26, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is it set up so a new guy faces a “classic” guy in the final?

Comment by Lois – October 26, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And that would be just an awful decision to make!!! But not the way the bracket is set up, unfortunately. I’d be happy if either one of them won!!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – October 26, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol – Malcolm Reynolds vs. Angel?!? I love it!

Comment by Amy – October 27, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ah!!! Your comment just made my day! That would be so awesome! :)

Comment by Laurie – October 29, 2011 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The way the backet is setup, it will probably come down to Castle v Chuck. If so, I think Castle will win.

Comment by majamababe – October 27, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Timothy Olyphant and Tim DeKay? Sophie’s choice….

Comment by Ugh – October 26, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sooooo true. Not fair at all.

Comment by Grace – October 26, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Funny, I was thinking . . . how can one person vote against T.O.? Tim DeKay is nice, but seriously, Raylon Givens, yawzas!

Comment by Zilly – October 26, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • JaJaJa I was thinking the same!!! Come on, Timothy Olyphant is really hot, and Raylan Givens is one of the best characters on TV.

Comment by Mara – October 26, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agree!!!

Comment by Suzanne – October 26, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I just want to add my agreement here. Raylan is just…shudder worthy.

Comment by Ashley – October 27, 2011 11:52 PM PDT
      • I’m with you on that, big time!! I can’t believe it’s as close as it is. Love Tim as Peter, but COME ON! There’s really no comparison to sexy Raylan.

Comment by Kathryn – October 26, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tim Olyphant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by DaisyKary – October 26, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This set of choices was by far the hardest yet.

Comment by Dani – October 26, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to ditto that statement.

Comment by Melody – October 26, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is the race so close between Raylan Givens and Peter Burke. Its Timothy Olyphant that we’re talking about, there really shouldn’t be any competition here.

Comment by Marsha – October 26, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!! No one can compare to Raylan!

Comment by Isabelle – October 26, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I enjoy Timothy Olyphant and all, but I’ve never seen Justified so I can’t vote for his character. On top of that – we are talking about Peter Burke, the moral compass of one of the best bromances on TV!!

Comment by Melody – October 26, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was just thinking that the results must be driven by different ratings of the two shows. By the way, anyone who’s not watching Justified is missing one of the best shows on TV right now!!!

Comment by Kathryn – October 26, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You aren’t the only person to tell me that, but do you know how many good shows there are on TV and how many hours in a day it would take to watch them all? Some hotties must be sacrificed in order for me to have a real world social life, not the one in my bedroom with my TV.

Comment by Melody – October 28, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • 2 words Netflix reruns. Watch past justified episodes. Great show.

Comment by Tim – April 4, 2014 07:22 PM PDT
    • I was wondering the same thing, how can you not vote for Raylan Givens?!! If it was up to me Raylan would win the entire competition.

Comment by MJ – October 26, 2011 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m predicting a Booth, Dexter, Vaughn (Alias), Stabler (SVU) final four.

Comment by Billy – October 26, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gosh, Matt Bomer resembles Henry Cavil so much so that they could be twins.

Comment by Marsha – October 26, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only Matt is more attractive and sexier!

Comment by Alexis – October 26, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor Cho doesn’t stand a chance. That’s not fair. ;)

Comment by Tracy – October 26, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, they should have done Simon Baker vs. Nathan Fillion.

And where are the Hawaii 5-0 men? Chin-Ho all the way…

Comment by Gretchen – October 26, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chin Ho is still coming up if you look at all the brackets.

Comment by Tracy – October 26, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know!!! I love me some Cho but they had to pit him against Nathan Fillion! UGH How was I supposed to decide against the Geek God? So not fair.

Honestly, I’m glad it wasn’t between Simon Baker and Fillion, I probably would have cried! I never would have been able to decide between Jane’s bewitching smile and Castle’s soulful blue eyes.

Comment by Nerwen Aldarion – October 26, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly! How te hell am I supposed to choose between Nathan and Tim? Not cool TVLine. Not cool.

Comment by Kate – October 26, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know! I love Cho too, but I had to pick Castle…he has looks AND a sense of humor. But no matter who they put up against Simon Baker, Simon will always be my pick. Yummmmm.

Comment by zaza – October 27, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I adore Rick Castle and Nathan Fillion, but Cho/Tim Kang is so dryly funny and no-nonsense, yet willing to go to the wall to help a friend. I had to go with Fillion, but it wasn’t necessarily an easy choice.

Comment by MelindaB – October 28, 2011 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castleee!

Comment by Anna – October 26, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • T.O.!!!!

Comment by V – October 26, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s interesting that the nonwhite men always perform poorly in these polls.

Comment by veddy interesting – October 26, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just think it is the match ups. LL Cool J is attractive, but Matt Bomer is DREAMY. :P

Comment by Mikaylah – October 26, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True that. If Sam Hanna asked me out I would definitely go. He’s handsome, smart and sexy – but Neil Caffrey is just insanely beautiful as well as super smart, romantic and beyond sexy. ANYONE going up against Caffrey (remember this is about the character, NOT the actor) would have a difficult time of it.

I love me some Raylan Givins, but Timothy Olyphant has had too many things said about him by co-workers that leave me cold about him personally.

Comment by Lisa – October 26, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree it’s the matchups and not race which is causing them to lose. LL Cool J is very good looking but I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t vote for Matt Bomer. Now pair LL up against Ryan Kwanten and I would have voted for LL.

Comment by lacey – October 26, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it’s the match ups also. Sam and Neil are two different kinds of law enforcement. It’s like the comment about Neil’s sense of style. No one wears a suit on NCIS:LA. Sam is running, fighting and shooting. Neil mostly walks briskly.

I still think this bracket could have a few more non-white men in it. Where is Det. J.C. Williams and Det. Eddie Torres from New York Undercover or Jai Wilcox from Covert Affairs just to name a few.

Oh well. Good contestants, bad match-ups. Fun nonetheless!

Comment by tp – October 26, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • To me Matt Bomer is very very pretty, but LL Cool J is all MAN.

Comment by Renee – October 26, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Except on the football field.Matt stuffed him on an nfl pregame show on the field.

Comment by CK2 – October 26, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry. I’m sure Derek Morgan will clean up when he’s up for voting.

Comment by Emma – October 26, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True, but unfortunately he’s up against my #1 fav current guy, Sam Swarek from Rookie Blue. Talk about a heart breaking match-up in the first round!! :(

Comment by Kathryn – October 26, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I suppose that’s possible, but I still think Sam Hanna is totally hot (hmmm to be protected by those arms), but have you seen Neil Caffrey in a suit!? I had to make a choice and his suit won.

Comment by Melody – October 26, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Richard Castle. HANDS. DOWN.

Comment by Elizabeth – October 26, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle vs. Cho is NOT fair. I voted for Cho. He is a major bada**. :)

Comment by Mikaylah – October 26, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, but the lopsided score is no real surprise.
      Fillion has tons of young fans from Firefly and lots of star struck young girls from Castle.

Cho will never win such a match up in a ‘contest’ such as this, but he is easily as interesting a character in his own way.
      You’ve got to love his no nonsense, deadpan expressions and delivery.

Comment by J.Norman – October 26, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You don’t have to be a fan of his previous work to find him crush worthy! Nathan Fillon is hot and his character Castle is dream worthy.

Comment by lacey – October 26, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Timothy Olyphant isn’t one of the hottest Law Enforcement men out there, then I don’t know who is!
    (will add I love Tim Dekay but Raylan always wins for me).

Comment by Elizabeth – October 26, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Putting Raylan Givens against Peter Burke? You mean, mean little men. How am I supposed to choose between those two?! CRISIS.

Comment by V – October 26, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two of the choices are “consultants” rather than actual cops. Granted, they are the hottest, but not really law enforcement officials.

Comment by Peng9803 – October 26, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Bomer of course! My other votes go to the very delish Timothy Olyphant and Ryan Kwanten.

Comment by Isabelle – October 26, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rick Castle FTW!

Comment by Joanna – October 26, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, so today’s voting wasn’t as easy. I happen to adore Sam and Neil, I really, really want to vote for them both. I suppose life is all about making the tough choices like the deciding between a chocolate or blueberry muffin or to watch Supernatural or Fringe first – seriously tough stuff!! Anyways, in today’s vote I made these decisions: Richard Castle, Peter Burke, and Neil Caffrey. I don’t watch True Blood or the Walking Dead so that bracket didn’t interest me. Neil tipped the scale in his favor for his incredible sense of style. As much as I appreciate the fact that Sam’s wardrobe shows off his incredible arms, there is nothing quite like a man in a suit, especially the lovely tailored suits that Neil wears and wears well. I really appreciate the fact that the wardrobe department on that show is starting to allow Neil to influence Peter’s wardrobe.

Comment by Melody – October 26, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Sam and all and he gets my vote BUT there is no way on earth he should be the only one from NCIS:LA!!! Can not believe they’ve only got him, when there is oppurtunity for 2 – if only one it should by far be Callan and my personal fave character is Deeks so if I had my way they’d have Callan and Deeks – so unfair that NCIS gets Tony and Gibbs (both of whom I love) and yet the dreamy Chris O’Donnell and adorable Eric Christian Olsen are missing from the LA chapter!!! :/

Comment by Katy – October 26, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The answer will always be a guy from USA Network, unless it’s Nathan Fillion.

Comment by ClearlyUSA – October 26, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the lack of Hawaii five-0/Alex o’loughlin in this post disgusts me.

Comment by Eli – October 26, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chill, he’s not being excluded; he’ll be in an upcoming bracket.

Comment by Jess – October 26, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Stackhouse all the way!!

Comment by Naisha – October 26, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal by a long shot, possibly followed by Castle. Nathan Fillion has been hot since Firefly, and you can’t deny it.

Comment by Veronica – October 26, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How does one vote? There’s no box to chose. just a vote button

Comment by Dale Sullivan – October 26, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should see little circles to the left of the names. Click on the circle next to the person who want to vote for, and then click “vote.”

Comment by Lois – October 26, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle, Neal Caffrey & Peter Burke!

Comment by Michele – October 26, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal Caffrey is one of the best characters created on television, none are a as hot, sexy, or smart and it’s beacuase of Matt Bomer.

Comment by Giselle – October 26, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tim Olyphant.

Comment by Dolphin – October 26, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Bomer to win it all!

Comment by Grace – October 26, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s see, best crime fighter? Best looking – Neal Caffrey, Sexiest – Neal Caffrey, Smartest – Neal Caffrey, Smoothest – Neal Caffrey. I guess it would be Neal Caffrey.

Comment by Alexis – October 26, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, yes yes I agree!! Neal Caffrey all the way<3

Comment by Cynthia – October 27, 2011 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like Peter Burke…but OMG Raylan Givens is the hottest character ever. Tim McKay is good…Timothy Olyphant is super great so for those who may be on the fence…trust me Raylan Givens is so hot you won’t regret crushing on those long legs and insanely sexy smile.

Comment by Linda – October 27, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Voted for Neal Caffrey. I mean Bomer is beautiful and super talented actor. No one can compare.

Comment by Zandra – October 27, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You just did not make me choose between Rayland Givens and Peter Burke? Oh and Rick Castle by a landside.

Comment by sandee – October 27, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who did I vote for? I voted for NEAL CAFFERY. He is smart. He is sexy. He is….everything. That’s right. Everything. I will vote for him every. single. TIME. I love him. He is smexy. What a dreamboat.

Comment by TayMads – October 27, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The losing of Rick Grimes is making me sad. Andrew Lincoln is extremely sexy.

VOTE FOR RICK GRIMES!

Comment by Brittany – October 28, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s who I voted for–when the zombie apocalypse happens, I want Rick Grimes on my side!

Comment by MelindaB – October 28, 2011 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats to all the winners. However, I can’t believe Peter Burke from White Collar didn’t win. He outshines all competition! Who is Timothy Olyphant …

Comment by Pamela – October 31, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post