How I Met Your Mother First Look Video: Watch Katie Holmes Channel Her Inner Slutty Pumpkin

Next Monday at 8/7c, Ted finally reconnects with his Slutty Pumpkin, Naomi (played by Katie Holmes), on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother, and TVLine’s got a sneak peek at the not-so-perfect reunion.

Halloween Hot Shots: See Who’s Dressed as What on Secret Circle, HIMYM and 9 Other Shows

It’s been years since Ted first laid eyes on the scantily clad gal at a rooftop Halloween party, and it appears time has not been their friend. While Naomi thinks they fit together like two puzzle pieces, Ted just can’t get in sync with her. Even hand-holding presents a problem!

Check out the awkward twosome in action below! And, as an extra Halloween treat, get a preview of Robin taunting Barney about being part Canadian!

Loading video...
Loading video...
Loading video...

1. jack says:

Hope the episode will be better than that. I know there’s less than 2 minutes of footage in there, but I didn’t laugh once… I can’t be the only one.

• Michael says:

I don’t usually laugh at HIMYM, but that second clip was pretty funny.
      (Also, this could have turned into a Most Interesting Man meme…)

• Adrienne says:

It wasn’t. After all that hype, the episode was boring and a little awkward. It wasn’t one of the better episodes, unfortunately.

2. Stacey says:

I thought it was cute, I think it will be a lot better in the course of the show though.

3. megslin says:

I liked it…proof that the longer you think you want something/someone…the more likely it is they’ll never live up to what you wanted them to be. Plus, he had to stop being a hanging chad in order to meet the Mom some day, right?

4. jake says:

Oh I wonder if her dad watches…oh wait I mean her husband!

5. Caiti says:

So Barney’s Dad has some Canadian Roots…LOVE IT. That will be hilarious!

6. Svenja says:

I think this looks very good.
    Looking forward to it.

7. Nadine says:

Can’t wait for the show! Clips are great and wow, I was able to view them from Canada. Thanks TVLine and CBS!

8. Jeff says:

These clips also work from europe too! Legendary.

This episode looks really funny and I’m happy the pumpkin girl from the first season gets her story resolved.

9. Aw, that’s so sad that he doesn’t seem to like her after all those years of waiting for her! That said, I’m excited to see Barney and Robin’s story in this one. Robin has a lot of Canadian jokes to get back at him for!

10. JZ says:

Who is doing the voiceover on the first clip? Doesn’t sound like either Ted or Future Ted? Did I miss something?

Looking forward to the episode!

11. Katy says:

After watching the second clip, which is almost 50 secs of pure Ted voice over, I think it’s safe to say the voice over from the beginning of the first clip is also Ted’s thoughts. Love this show, it just doesn’t get old for me still amkes me giggle :)