Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter Cops Good Wife Role

Jennifer Carpenter has booked a hot date with The Good Wife.

The Dexter vet will guest star on CBS’ acclaimed Sunday night drama, TVLine has confirmed, in an episode set to air before the end of the year, likely in late December.

No details on Carpenter’s role were immediately available. E! Online first reported on the casting.

Carpenter is currently in the midst of her sixth season on Showtime’s Dexter, where she plays the serial-slaying title character’s police lieutenant sis.

1. Jason says:

Awesome.

2. Alicia says:

Yessss! Excellent news :D Jennifer is so talented and TGW always has the best guest stars. Here’s hoping she’s Kalinda’s “hot date” ;)

3. Mick says:

Wauv, didn’t expect that.
    Really looking forward to seeing Carpenter as someone else than Debra. I hope she has scenes with Archie Panjabi!

4. Olivia says:

I love this! Deb is my favourite character on Dexter, Jennifer does an amazing job. and I love the Good Wife!

5. kozmikg says:

Awesome!! It took me about 1.5 seasons to really warm up to Deb but now I like her as much as Dex. The press conference scene from this week was hysterical.

6. Lincoln says:

Jennifer Carpenter is the unsung hero of Showtime’s “Dexter” series. It’s a pitty she hasn’t gotten an Emmy. Can’t wait for her on The Good Wife!

7. maya says:

I love her. I always thought she was a good actress, but she’s been in such limiting horror movie roles. I’m glad we get a chance to see more of her range.

8. clark says:

Awesome. She’s so underrated. I saw her on the stage earlier this year in NYC and she was wonderful. She has so much more range than people give her credit for. I hope this leads to better movie roles.