Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter Cops Good Wife Role

Jennifer Carpenter has booked a hot date with The Good Wife.

The Dexter vet will guest star on CBS’ acclaimed Sunday night drama, TVLine has confirmed, in an episode set to air before the end of the year, likely in late December.

No details on Carpenter’s role were immediately available. E! Online first reported on the casting.

Carpenter is currently in the midst of her sixth season on Showtime’s Dexter, where she plays the serial-slaying title character’s police lieutenant sis.

Comments (10)

• Awesome.

Comment by Jason – October 26, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessss! Excellent news :D Jennifer is so talented and TGW always has the best guest stars. Here’s hoping she’s Kalinda’s “hot date” ;)

Comment by Alicia – October 26, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah this, exactly what I was thinking! Fingers crossed!

Comment by ddutchie88 – October 27, 2011 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WOW! Just the thought of it gives me a youknowwhat

Comment by Kyle – October 27, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wauv, didn’t expect that.
    Really looking forward to seeing Carpenter as someone else than Debra. I hope she has scenes with Archie Panjabi!

Comment by Mick – October 26, 2011 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this! Deb is my favourite character on Dexter, Jennifer does an amazing job. and I love the Good Wife!

Comment by Olivia – October 27, 2011 03:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!! It took me about 1.5 seasons to really warm up to Deb but now I like her as much as Dex. The press conference scene from this week was hysterical.

Comment by kozmikg – October 27, 2011 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Carpenter is the unsung hero of Showtime’s “Dexter” series. It’s a pitty she hasn’t gotten an Emmy. Can’t wait for her on The Good Wife!

Comment by Lincoln – October 27, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love her. I always thought she was a good actress, but she’s been in such limiting horror movie roles. I’m glad we get a chance to see more of her range.

Comment by maya – October 27, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. She’s so underrated. I saw her on the stage earlier this year in NYC and she was wonderful. She has so much more range than people give her credit for. I hope this leads to better movie roles.

Comment by clark – October 27, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post