Exclusive: Cougar Town Stages Major Scrubs Reunion With Zach Braff and Other Fan Faves!

This calls for a hug and a big ol’ high five!

The guys behind Scrubs daydreaming leading man and its most lewd and crude character are finally making their way over to a little place called Cougar Town. Of course, there are only two people we could possibly be referring to: Zach Braff and Robert “The Todd” Maschio.

Cougar Town Cameos: Who’s Popped Up Where?

TVline has learned exclusively that both former Sacred Heart residents have landed guest spots on a Season 3 episode of the ABC comedy, which returns at midseason. Details about each role are being kept under wraps for now, but we can tell you that Braff will appear in the flesh this time around, and not as the voice on another one of Laurie’s silly appetizer apps like he did in Season 2.

But wait, it gets even better! The same C-Town installment will feature three additional Scrubs alums. Yes, three!

Scoop: Cougar Town Couple Heads Into Therapy With Nicole Sullivan

Sarah Chalke will already be in the midst of her major arc as Bobby’s gal pal when the guys drop by early next year, while Sam Lloyd and Ken Jenkins are set to reprise their roles from previous seasons as a ukulele-playing bum (named Ted!) and Jules’ dad, respectively.

Which Scrubs fave are you most excited to see on the cul-de-sac? And more importantly, when will we see Donald Faison? Hit the comments!

Comments (75)

• ’bout time.

Comment by chocolatebear – October 26, 2011 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I sure hope all 5 are together in the same scene and there’s some meta joke about how they each know one another.

Comment by scooterbeanbag – October 26, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sam lloyd actually did play his scrubs character of Ted in the season 2 finale. not just a ukelele-playing bum.

Comment by erin – October 26, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but as a scrubs and cougar town fan i think this seasons gonna rock!

Comment by erin – October 26, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Righto. It was a guitar.

Comment by Josh – October 26, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m not sure if he really played his scrubs character, because ted would have known courteney cox’s character on scrubs from when she was dean of medicine.

Comment by wait! – October 26, 2011 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How can you even doubt it was Ted? He even mentioned the Gooch!

Comment by Snapy – October 26, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well he said his name was ted buckland and his girlfriends name was gooch, which was her name at the end of scrubs and she ran off with hooch, who he said was crazy, which he was.

Comment by tom – October 26, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t remember The Gooch running off with Hooch at the end of Scrubs. I though she and Ted took off on some whirl-wind world tour, or something. Didn’t they? Hooch is crazy.

Comment by Say, what? – October 26, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It didn’t happen on Scrubs. It was only refered to in the Cougar Town episode which featured Sam Lloyd (who was playing his character of Ted).

Comment by Dav – October 27, 2011 04:38 AM PDT
        • I think it’s been established that every character in the shared Scrubs/Cougar Town fictional universe has a doppelganger.

Comment by Snapy – October 27, 2011 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Doppelganger…? Looks like the german word “Doppelgänger”. Why don’t you say “double” or is this the wrong word for that?

Comment by Muh – October 27, 2011 08:17 AM PDT
          • @Muh: Doppelganger has been somewhat colloquially appropriated to mean (as you suggested) “double.” I don’t think most people realize that the correct usage refers to specifically paranormal/evil doubles.

Comment by anon anon – October 27, 2011 01:46 PM PDT
        • Hooch is crazy. I didn’t see this episode of Cougar Town. But, did Gooch really run off with Hooch?! I mean, Hooch is crazy, for crying out loud. How sad.

Comment by Mindy – October 27, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CC’s character in Cougar Town isn’t the same one she played in Scrubs, Ted was Ted in both series’ though.

Comment by LD – October 27, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Back Sunny Day!!!

Comment by FanGirl304 – October 26, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sunny Day leading rounds: “This way bitches.”

Comment by I miss Scrubs – October 26, 2011 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That wasn’t Sunny. It was the intern with the weird high-pitched voice, played by one of the Scrubs writers, Aseem Batra.

Comment by Teri – February 15, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sigh. Now I actually have to get around to watching COUGAR TOWN!

Comment by Ryan Schwartz – October 26, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You had to get around to it a long time ago.

Comment by Michael – October 26, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of them…bring Scrubs back period!!! NBC needs a hit comedy to replace the ho-hum Dunder Mifflin fodder…so glad C-Town has the good sense to snag these actors!

Comment by Annabelle – October 26, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could sure go for a few new Dr. Cox rants!

Comment by geteel – October 26, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Donald Faison is suppose/getting married and excited for Zach and “The Todd”.

Comment by fernando – October 26, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Donny Faison grew a vagina and moved over to Lifetime.

Comment by Tsk – October 26, 2011 10:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh! So excited for this but I’m dying with curiosity as to what sort of characters they’re going to be playing. Cougar Town is basically one of my favorite shows to be excited over now and bringing back some of the actors I’ve grown to love through Scrubs is just the icing on the cake.

Comment by Tori – October 26, 2011 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The GOOCH and TED!!

Comment by Francisco – October 26, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But the Gooch left Ted for Hooch.

Comment by Dyanna – October 26, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hooch is crazy.

Comment by Lana – October 26, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHAAAAAAAAAAAT??? WHEN?

Comment by Kati – October 26, 2011 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes.Yes.YES.

Love this news!!!

Comment by Elizabeth – October 26, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To quote Dr Cox This show could be “circling the drain”thats what normally happens when the networks bring in people from great shows to help out others.

Comment by Bill – October 26, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nah, Bill Lawrence always brings in actors from his previous work…he did this on Scrubs all the time, with everyone from Spin City guesting…which was also created by Bill Lawrence, just like Cougar Town and Scrubs.

Comment by Farrah – October 26, 2011 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s true: Michael J. Fox, Richard Kind and Alan Ruck. Good point.

Comment by ^^ – October 27, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, that wasn’t all: they also had Michael Boatman, Alexander Chaplin, Heather Locklear, and the great Barry Bostwick on SCRUBS as well. In addition, Robert Maschio and Sam Lloyd first appeared on SPIN CITY before becoming mainstays on SCRUBS later.

Comment by I_Captain Blanco – October 27, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, so they’re all gonna be in the same episode? As in Ted is gonna see 4 people who look like his former coworkers? That’s awesome!

Comment by Eric – October 26, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope so too!!

Comment by joy – October 26, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooch is CRAZY!

Comment by Marc – October 26, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is *AWESOME* Just bring back SCRUBS already! I miss it so…

Comment by DINANA – October 26, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EAGLE!!!

Comment by Eliza – October 26, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s about time I need some Turk and jd action bring back scrubs it will trump all others!!!

Comment by Scrubsfan4life – October 26, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesssss! Maybe scrubs will come back I guess dreams do come true

Comment by Alex – October 26, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is such exciting news! Of course now I want Cougar Town to return.

Comment by lacey – October 26, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could he be coming back as JD? I know they live in “Florida” but it could happen

Comment by Jessica – October 26, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jus cnt wait,3 of cougar towns characs were in Scrubs,so its gud to flip that too..agen,cnt wait.

Comment by Ricky Powell Muhalule – October 26, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t forget to catch Neil Flynn, Scrub’s “The Janitor” as Dad on another very good sitcom, The Middle. They often manage to channel the zaniness that only Scrubs and Monty Python really personify!!!

Comment by PDX – October 26, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its actually a 6 people reunion because Crista Miller was on scrubs.

Comment by Kayley – October 26, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s RIGHT! Forgot about her. Good call!

Comment by ^^ – October 26, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Srcubs and I love Cougartown! I look forward so seeing some of the Scrub cast on Cougartown!!!!

Comment by Tracey – October 26, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this brings a bunch of new viewers in so that more people realize that Cougar Town is the BEST show on TV!

Comment by JJ – October 26, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More stunt casting that won’t help this turd.

Comment by chris – October 26, 2011 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Turd eating troll.

Comment by Jack – October 27, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s so confusing the fact that Cougar Town is supposed to be in the Scrubs universe and yet Courtney Cox and others have played different characters on Scrubs AND Zach Braff the actor is also mentioned. So it’s like Zach Braff is essentially playing a third version of himself in whatever episode he is going to be in.

Comment by Mark – October 26, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • doppelgangers.

Comment by João Amaral – October 27, 2011 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I liked this show… I tried, I really did. I will watch it for the scrubs characters though. :)

Comment by ten – October 26, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly how I feel. I find Cougar Town demeaning, but I loved Scrubs and I would watch Zack Braff in anything.

Comment by Patricia – October 27, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This would be the only reason I watch that show. Sara’s other show bombed verrrry bad, and it was inevitable that the scrubs cadt get together for this show. Now is Colonel Doctor or Dr Beardface’ coming in next? What about Hooch? He needs a break from “The Suite Life”

Comment by Kevvo – October 26, 2011 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dr. Mickhead is in prison, so we definitely won’t be seeing him.

Comment by Another Scrubs fan – October 26, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The actor playing Colonel Doctor sadly recently passed away. RIP.

Comment by chrisis – October 27, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh dear, how sad. RIP.

Comment by Mindy – October 27, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are so correct, “The Middles” is a great show indeed. Just wish the son would be dropped on his head and stop tossimg his toenails in the doritos bag.

Comment by Kevvo – October 26, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else notice that Courtney Cox’s boyfriend on Cougartown had a cameo on Castle last night? Reminded me a lot of the Cougartown/Community crossovers from last season. I’m curious if Cougartown actors will show up in other ABC shows this season while we wait for the mid-season launch?

Comment by XK – October 26, 2011 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooch is crazy !!

Comment by nick – October 26, 2011 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is cool news. I wonder if there would ever be any chance of a real scrubs reunion.

Comment by Sam – October 26, 2011 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sooo excited about this news!!! can’t wait to see the Todd again!!! but the Scrubs character I’d like to see the most on Cougar Town is definitely Dr JAN ITOR!!!! ;)

Comment by CloMo – October 26, 2011 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow you guys ar really amazing in the show.so keep it
    on.

Comment by saleh na saleh – October 26, 2011 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Colonel Doctor cameo might be a bit difficult seeing as he died a few weeks ago.

Comment by Sarah – October 26, 2011 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why aren’t we mentioning that Christa Miller is also a Scrubs alum…or is that just understood?

Comment by Chris – October 27, 2011 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cameo Five! *wwwwa-toosh* *snap*

Comment by don't leave The Todd hangin, bro – October 27, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! I was just going to post “Cameo Five!”

Comment by Mindy – October 27, 2011 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • get John C. mcginley!!!

Comment by grace – October 27, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so, along with major actors from scrubs, ct has also used their background characters too. i just rewatched season 2 ct and it had cabbage from scrubs(he was proposing to his gf and bobby and andy played penny can with the champagne glasses), and in the first season of ct the guy who installed jules new bathroom was in season 9 scrubs as a security guard. i’m waiting for snoop dogg resident, sunny, dr beardface. how many actors now have been on both?? cox, miller, jenkins, the actor who plays tom, cabbage, security guard/bathroom guy, barry bostwick, ted, braff, scott foley, i’m missing some….

Comment by tigersmurfette – October 27, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a big fan of Scrubs I’m naturaly a CTown fan.love to see the way the new story’s unfold, and maybe even Jonh C Mc Ginley could show up…….. I’d like to see tha………NUWBEY Yuuuuup ;)

Comment by P. Ullisies – October 27, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the Scrubs reunion on Cougar Town! I want Sarah Chalke, Christina Miller, and Zach Braff to all be in at least one scene together. Oh and if someone could call Sarah “Barbie” maybe I’ll miss Scrubs less.

Comment by lacey – October 27, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t get into Cougar Town, no matter how many episodes I watch. But, I loved Scrubs so much. I loved Robert Maschio as The Todd. And Zach Braff was so good in it. I will probably watch the Cougar Town episode just for them. I watched the one with Ken Jenkins. Though, I guess I must have missed the one with Sam Lloyd. Oh dear, the Gooch really ran off with Hooch? But…. Hooch is crazy!

Comment by Mind – October 27, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want zb on the show. well he apparently will be, so thats that.
    then I want >> bill l.<< – I dunno what his non-priest character on scrubs was called (OI I haven't watched it too for long now -.-) but I want him on CT too! :D he says he is a terrible actor, but I loved him nevertheless. he is always fun to watch.

wait.. I remember.. something.. he had a strange name I think. and they were talking about a vaaan. xD

Comment by helen – November 6, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post