CBS' Unforgettable and Person of Interest Snag Full-Season Pickups

CBS has handed out full-season pickups to rookie dramas Unforgettable and Person of Interest.

The Poppy Montgomery-fronted Unforgettable has been consistently winning its Tuesday-at-10 pm timeslot with an average of 14 million viewers. Interest, meanwhile, has been holding its own in the ultra-competitive Thursday-at-9 timeslot. Season to date, it has averaged just under 14 million viewers.

For those keeping score at home, Unforgettable and Person of Interest join fellow CBS rookie 2 Broke Girls, ABC’s Revenge and Suburgatory, The CW’s Hart of Dixie, Secret Circle and Ringer, Fox’s New Girl and NBC’s Up All Night and Whitney, in this fall’s full-season club.

Comments (48)

• I gave up on Person of Interest, but excited for Unforgettable :)

Comment by Ivet – October 25, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I couldnt get through the first episode of Person of Interest. But I really liked Unforgettable, so good news for that!

Comment by Olivia – October 25, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY BEN!

Comment by AJ – October 25, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yayyy for Person of Interest!!!

Comment by Joe C – October 25, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Really enjoying both of these shows, especially Unforgettable. Glad to see more of Poppy!

Comment by KMG – October 25, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could we get an idea of what hasn’t been picked up? Have they all gotten full seasons? (Excluding the ones that were already ousted)

Comment by Epicurious Erin – October 25, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of shows that have premiered already: Prime Suspect, A Gifted Man, Last Man Standing, Man Up, Pan Am, Once Upon a Time. (Terra Nova has always been 13 and only 13 episodes, and it’s season finale has already been scheduled.)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 25, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ringer, the Secret Circle..

Comment by Dessy – October 25, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • oh no, that’s wrong, they have

Comment by Dessy – October 25, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not so many left to be decided. Glad that Pan Am hasn’t been ousted just yet… with any luck they will let it get a full season run. It’s nice to give a show 20 episodes instead of 5.

Comment by Ben – October 25, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks Matt! That was really irking me!

Comment by Epicurious Erin – October 26, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person of Interest Yay! I’m really starting to get into it.
    Unforgettable…..meh.

Comment by Dessy – October 25, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please CBS, A Gifted Man needs to be the next show picked up, make it happen

Comment by rod – October 25, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS. The show has a lot of potential.

Comment by Olivia – October 25, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!!!

Love both shows, especially Person of Interest.

Need more of a backstory on Emerson’s character, though.

Comment by Dee – October 25, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY!!! Love both of these shows!!

Only ones left now are Last Man Standing and Once Upon a Time.

Comment by MJ – October 25, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you MEAN, the only one left now is Once Upon a Time.

Comment by Mosun – October 25, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaaay for Unforgettable! Love this show, love Ppoppy!

Comment by Sarah – October 25, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person of Interest is turning into a great show. Love the Finch and Reese dynamic. And it’s nice to have a show take over for 24 with a character that kicks a lot of ass.

Comment by JohnDoe – October 25, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, thank you CBS for renewing Person of Interest.

Comment by Tikkanen – October 25, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PERSON OF INTEREST truly deserve for a full season pick up but UNFORGETTABLE still the worst crime drama I’ve ever seen in years. CBS did forgot to mention on the fate of GIFTED MAN ’cause the Patrick Wilson-led series isn’t doing good on Fridays and I hope it won’t last that long or perhaps for one season tops.

Comment by kevin – October 25, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Found Unforgettable forgettable (could not pass that up, sorry) but YEY! for PI!!

Comment by claire – October 25, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This! That is all.

Comment by Greg – October 25, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe this means that Person of Interest will FINALLY be put up on iTunes??? I don’t get the delays this year. They took their sweet a$$ time getting Fringe up and when people asked what was going on, iTunes and Fox just kept blaming it on each other.

Comment by LC – October 25, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for POI…. Unforgetable, drop the “un” and you have what I think of that show

Comment by eridapo – October 25, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person of Interest!! Hell Yeah!!

Comment by GK – October 25, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Unforgettable so far and Person of Interest is pretty good. Glad to see both were picked up!!!

Comment by aaron – October 25, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two shows I actually watch regularly and they’ve been given a full season – amazing but great news.

Comment by Barb – October 25, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have yet to check either of these shows out. Maybe I’ll get around to it since they have been given full-season orders.

In the meantime, CBS, can you please give A Gifted Man a full-season pickup?! Pretty please with sugar on top :) I love seeing Patrick Wilson every week and I’m enjoying the show!

Comment by Eliza – October 25, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for both shows!

Comment by Lorie – October 25, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch either of these shows and never plan to.

Comment by Lisa – October 25, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If that’s the case, why are you commenting here then?

Comment by Justin – October 25, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I watch and really like both shows.

Comment by Justin – October 25, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn, I held a little hope that, while I enjoyed it, PoI wouldn’t last so Emerson and O’Quinn could get a show going together d:

Comment by Mellie – October 25, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Love Person of Interest :) Might have to check out Unforgettable now too.

Comment by Kristina – October 25, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped watching POI. As much as I love Memmerson I just wasn’t interested enough. Plus I’m not a huge fan of Jim Caviezel.

Comment by Samantha – October 25, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are missing out on the best show this fall. Your loss.

Comment by Will – October 26, 2011 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy that Person of Interest got a full season pickup. I cannot get into Unforgettable.

Comment by Michelle – October 25, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! Best news I’ve had all month! LOVE Person Of Interest and my TV track record isn’t that good.

Comment by Renee – October 25, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes for Person of Interest! I am loving that show!

Comment by kirads09 – October 26, 2011 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I must be odd in that my 10pm Tuesday TV watching includes Parenthood and Body of Proof even though both are available On Demand.. For some reason, Unforgettable is not available ON Demand ( though it is available Online on cbs.com)… Since Parenthood was off last night, I tried Unforgettable and don’t regret skipping it even though I love looking at Poppy… I guess there’s some sort of backstory going on but darn if I know what it is…

Comment by Doug-H – October 26, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Person of Interest, great news.

Comment by iced – October 27, 2011 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More PC BS which is true of almost everything on TV these days. Too bad they couldn’t stick to entertainment rather than indoctrination with liberal dogma.

Comment by Frank W – October 27, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Person of Interest, Jim Caviezel is great.

Comment by RC – October 29, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Unforgettable, but I can’t find it on demand – why not?????

Comment by Sandy – October 30, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited! I love love love both of these
    shows! I agree a gifted man should be next!

Comment by stacie – November 9, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats to Ed Redlich – a good guy!

Comment by nathan – November 15, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad you’re keeping both shows’ I love them both!

Comment by Kathleen – May 8, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post