Lifetime has ordered a drama pilot from executive producer Antonio Banderas, titled American Housewife. In fact — no surprise, really — the big screen actor’s real-life Mrs., Melanie Griffith, is in talks to star in the project.
American Housewife, per Deadline, centers on a mom who has actual conversations with her inner monologue.
Griffith’s most recent small-screen forays include a 2010 episode of Nip/Tuck and, yes, Viva Laughlin.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• The premiere of Kelsey Grammer’s Boss on Friday night at 10 pm drew 659K total viewers, and amassed 1.72 million across weekend encores. (For comparison’s sake, the debut telecast of Starz’s Spartacus: Gods of the Arena did 1.1 mil, Torchwood: Miracle Day did 819K and Camelot drew 1.2 mil.) Boss was already renewed for a Season 2, well before its premiere aired.
• Showtime is launching an interactive web series featuring Shameless’ Lip Gallagher (played by Jeremy Allen White), which will air leading up to the family drama’s second season premiere on Sunday, Jan. 8. The webisodes will feature the kooky family’s eldest son completing various Truth Or Dare challenges chosen by fans. Submit your best ideas via Facebook or Twitter (with either #liptruth or #lipdare as the hashtag), and Showtime will pick up to 10 winning entries. Check out the video below for more details.
• Bruce Davison (X-Men) and Thomas Lennon (Reno 911!) will play father and son, respectively, on an episode of ABC’s midseason comedy Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, per TVGuide.com.
• Oxygen has given the green light to a pair of new reality series: The Eva Marcille Project will chronicle the life of the America’s Next Top Model Cycle 3 winner, while LA Style follows four fashion stylists (including former Rachel Zoe Project star Taylor Jacobson).
• Fox’s one-hour daytime gabfest, The Wendy Williams Show, has been renewed through 2014.
• A&E has renewed prison docu-series Beyond Scared Straight for a 13-episode Season 3.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?