'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Day 2: L&O Spin-Off Duel, Plus 21 Jump Street, 24, and NYPD Blue

Getting arrested just isn’t what it used to be. Or at least that’s probably what you’d hear from fans of the latest combatants in our Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

Indeed, we’ve entered the “classic” half of our 64-player, single-elimination showdown, with gone-but-hardly-forgotten characters from Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: CI, NYPD Blue, Crossing Jordan, 24, Miami Vice, 21 Jump Street, and Wiseguy.

Tomorrow, the “current” half of our bracket continues with characters who are still on the air on a regular basis. And eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you committing crimes and misdemeanors on the off chance one of our competitors shows up to cuff you. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

What’s more, if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (51)

• Stabler better win the whole thing

Comment by Amanda – October 25, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yeah! By far the hottest of the hottie cops!

Comment by Mandy – October 25, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This. Also, TVLine, when are you going to tell us Stabler’s coming back? I mean, I know you’re not going to report it until it happens, but I just want my Elliot back.

Comment by Zoe – October 26, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Elliot on SVU this year! I think it is time for this show to pack it up. It just isn’t the same without Stabler!

Comment by GG – October 25, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m enjoying it this season. Not like the original didn’t change cast members and often.

And I voted for D’Onofrio. Big crush on him, for years :)

Comment by Gretchen – October 25, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I voted and remain, for VINCENT D’ONOFRIO, best actor.

Comment by patricia white – October 27, 2011 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This isn’t a better actor contest, it’s a better LOOKING actor contest. And I’m pretty sure that award goes to Chris Meloni over Vincent whatever.

Comment by carly – October 27, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon, people — Vinnie frickin’ Terranova! ‘Wiseguy’ was the ish. He even had a Fox series named after him, forchrissake.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – October 25, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m totally with you. Loved Wiseguy!!!

Comment by Maureen – October 25, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you on that. Problem is, I wonder how many voters even saw that show. Depp is such a baby in that photo

Comment by Znachki – October 25, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Johnny Depp is a hottie no matter what age

Comment by Lacey – October 25, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote Stabler. I don’t miss him. Sorry SVU.

I want Law & Order: LA back! I wish NBC would cancel Prime Suspect and replace it with that.

Comment by Jo – October 25, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Slezak, you are killing me!! Tubbs vs. Bauer!! CHOICES!! I love it!

Comment by Molly – October 25, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This whole thing is going to come down to Stabler v. Booth. I’m telling you.

Comment by O'Brien – October 25, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Raylan Givens…..

Comment by E – October 25, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It should be a three-way tie between Booth, Rayland Givens, and Moulder.

Comment by Corinne – October 25, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Corinne, do you mean Mulder from X Files?

Comment by adora – October 25, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s the one. I love me some Fox.

Comment by Corinne – October 25, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget Hotch!

Comment by Annika – October 26, 2011 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keifer over Philip Michael????

What are you people, blind?

Ricardo Tubbs was one sexy mofo. Great dresser,spoke Spanish, cool-as-a cucumber in all situations.

He is way more attractive than Sutherland.

Comment by Dee – October 25, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREED!!! I was thinking are you serious with Jack versus Tubbs?!

Comment by tp – October 25, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you ever watched 24? HAVE YOU SEEN JACK BAUER IN ACTION??? Duuude.

Comment by Sally – October 25, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I have watched 24. Tubbs has way more swag. So much more sexiness.

Comment by tp – October 25, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As fans of both characters, I was surprised by the sheer percentage difference in that, too. I happily voted for Tubbs, but it’s interesting seeing where people’s ‘hearts’ are at in all of the brackets.

Comment by Winnie – October 25, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack Bauer is the most badass character of all time!

Comment by Stephen S. – October 25, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Know he’s not gonna win But I love and for Robert Goren :)

Comment by Miss L&O:CU – October 25, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I can’t vote for anyone who’s gone walking around in an Edgar suit.

Comment by Karen MT – October 25, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG–
    How can Jimmy Smits be losing to Jerry O’Connell?!?! I would put Bobby Simone in my Final Four!

Comment by PFitzDC – October 25, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HECK yes! Jimmy Smits remains the SEXIEST person I have ever seen in person (sat across from him at a WNBA game once!).

Comment by dee – October 25, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would vote for Jimmy Smits over anyone on this page EXCEPT Jerry O’Connell. Detective Woody Hoyt was my fictional crush for the entire run of that show, and Quinn Mallory was no slouch, either!

Comment by Ace – October 25, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why isn’t prison break on the list? where’s alex mahone?

Comment by superfan – October 25, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tubbs ftw! Okay, maybe not but glad to see this guy included. I had a huge crush on him when the show aired.

Comment by Pam – October 25, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER STABLER

Comment by ILoveStablerForever – October 25, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack Bauer is the man! If next round he loses against Johnny Depp I’ll be pissed.

Comment by MJ – October 25, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What, No Columbo?

Comment by Paul – October 25, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping when I looked at the entire bracket the guys from New York Undercover were gonna be there but I should’ve known better.

Comment by tp – October 25, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAHA, That is my show. It was the urban law and order. I have rewatched the show 3 times now on TV1.

Comment by brutus – October 25, 2011 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry to buck the trend, but my vote goes to Bobby Goren all the way. Hands down the most interesting,sensitive and riveting detective on all the L & O’s. On every case he went that extra mile to ferret out the key hidden fact — that bright intellect is incredibly sexy. Thanks to USA for those late night past episodes!

Comment by cathiecat – October 25, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. Nothing sexier than Bobby going toe to toe with some crazy guilty person.

Comment by Esta Duare – October 28, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jerry O’Connell is beating Jimmy Smits?? Seriously? What’s wrong with you people? ;)

Comment by Kathryn – October 25, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another easy night of voting, thank you. Good luck to Jack Bauer, Tommy Hansen, Elliott Stabler and the always delightful Woody Hoyt.

Comment by Melody – October 25, 2011 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t happy with the results. I think you are all mad. However, it’s just more Goren for me.

Comment by Veronica – October 26, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stabler all the way baby! Goren is super unattractive and the thingy he does with his hands is extremely annoying! So glad I don’t have to deal with CI’s more-boring-than-watching-paint-dry-story-lines anymore.

Comment by Jenna – October 26, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am partial to law & order Vincent d’0nofrio /Bobby GOren

Comment by Toni jorgensen – October 26, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m right there beside you, Toni! D’Onofrio/Goren is the all-time best!!

Comment by Ruby – October 27, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • vincent d onfronio -bobby goren

Comment by mlc – October 26, 2011 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • vincent d’onofrio love him

Comment by lizzia bullins – October 27, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thor: have you been spreading rumors about me?
    Was he not totally hot as a blond?!

Comment by Delaney – October 27, 2011 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Contest! Bobby Goren is the most and always will be TV’s most “crushable” detective.

Comment by Bev – October 27, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROBERT GORE ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Comment by leann – October 27, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROBERT ROBERT ROBERT ROBERT GORENNNNNNN ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYY I LOVE VINCENT D’ONOFRIO AS DET. ROBERT GOREN

Comment by LEANN – October 27, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post