Dancing With the Stars Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home Tonight?

Rule No. 1 of Dancing With the Stars: Verbally sparring with the judges has its benefits — at least when it comes to creating morning-after water-cooler buzz. But did controversy yield dividends for Hope Solo, whose cantankerous pro partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy blasted Len Goodman & Co. for giving some dancers an ‘A for effort’ while judging others on strict ballroom guidelines?

Here’s how the Broadway Week results played out:

Dancing With the Stars Performance-Night Recap: Mad Maks

In Jeopardy (Though Not Necessarily the Bottom Two Couples)
Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer
Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer

Hope, meanwhile, was shown summing up her feelings about the judges’ tough love in a video clip filmed right after her Tuesday night performance: “I don’t get this show.” Hrmmm…wonder who the producers want to go home next week?

What do you think? Did the right couple go home? If not, who should it have been? And was Brooke right that Maks-Vs.-Len was “just as awkward the second time around”? (Or in LOLBrooke speak, “can haz more awkwardznezz again, plz?”) Sound off in the comments, and for all my reality TV recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Erin says:

The right couple went home tonight. If Rob or Nancy go home next week, it’ll be two successful weeks in a row.

• Rozelle says:

I agree with Erin. If it’s Rob next week, then Nancy Grace, the show will be where it’s supposed to be instead all the reality star promos given by the various t.v. shows and their stars.

• Abby Brocklebank says:

If Chaz Bono went home then the right couple went home. We do not need to know the reason she or he came to dance. Her or his private life is his own. We do not care. He has to live as he is and be happy with himself. Is he really happy????

• Nicole says:

I hope the female pronouns you’re using are not referring to Chaz. If so, not cool. Don’t do that.

• cheryl says:

I don’t care how many operations you have or how many hormones you take…you can’t change your DNA. So forgive us for referring to “Chaz” as she or her.

• Nicole says:

He was born with female organs, yes. DNA is hardly the only thing that matters in the equation.

But sure, go on being disrespectful jerks just because you can.

• Jaymie says:

Um, yes, Mom. Hush, Nicole, Chastity Bono was born a female, so “she” is acceptable and accurate to use. You saying “not cool” and “don’t do that” changes nothing, because we neither know nor respect you or your views.

• Nicole says:

It’s alright, dear. I’d rather earn the respect of decent human beings.

• Jaymie says:

Dude, you’re denying that someone born a female is female. I’m just telling you not to be so condescending in imposing your views on others- you saying you are right doesn’t make you right, believe it or not.

• (!) says:

It’s the fact that he wants to be known as a male, and you insist it’s a she, putting your views on the matter. So Nicole is valid. And honestly, you do sound like a jerk as with most of the others who just keep bringing it up. They want to be known as male, so who the hell cares — suck it up and just ignore it without needing to be all “proper” about it xD; Things like this remind me of people who rag on about gay/lesbian relationships despite the fact that it in now way has any effect whatsoever on their personal lives..or global for that matter

• (!) says:

in no way*

• Jaymie says:

I believe we all sound like jerks, thank you very much.

(!), I want to be known as the queen of the world. So if you don’t refer to me as that, you are imposing your unfair views onto me.

You can refer to Chaz as a guy since (s)he wants to be known as a guy, but it doesn’t make it biologically true.

• Fred says:

Why not?! Chaz is genetically a female. XX chromosome, not XY. Chaz can cut things off, sew things on, etc, but the genetic makeup at the core of everything is still female. Just because he wants to be a male does not mean that he can be or is a male.

• Anna says:

Would YOU be happy as a fat slob who lives off your mother, and tears up at the first sign of criticism?

• montana says:

EXACTLY !!! iT IS WHAT IT IS CHAZ DA..LING and what the Hell is Cher all upset about ? She wasn’t happy when the he/she told he was going man on her.

• montana says:

No ” it ” obviously isn’t . It did look like a Penquin if it is going to try to be a man, better man up and quit yer whining…Max ? can you hear me?

• Wayne says:

I don’t think Chaz Bono will EVER understand, what He did and the words of wisdom that He gave to the World in general. But What a Stepping Stone Chaz has become, to those who are fighting through the same situation and what He has to face. Abby in answer to Your question regarding Chaz” IS HE REALLY HAPPY??? I can say with Out a doubt that He is. Abby,I wish You all the Happiness in the World and May Your Life be a Stepping Stone to Others,the same as Chaz has become to other’s. It is so hard to understand the UN-KNOWN.

**** I don’t really know if I can give out my E-mail, but I am up-grading my new computer as of Monday-AM and My E-mail will be change.
        E-mail: gooch2gooch@aol.com Many Thanks

• GingerSnap says:

So JR isn’t showing us a POSITIVE way to deal with adversity? I don’t have time for a spoiled rich child of a celebrity who wants to live off of a Victim Mentality.

• Tom says:

Not caring shows how “little” our country has progressed in acceptance. Hopefully none of your children or grandchildren are gay and end up being picked on, ridiculed, and or have to face your type of non-caring.

• Diane says:

Times have changed and still there are people living in old ways. People are people, no doubt about that and whether they are gay, black, white hispanic does not matter. We need to change our opinions of people and think of others. I know how cruel people can be and I have always taught my kids and grandkids that people are just like us no matter what. We need respect as so do other people.

• Diane says:

Totally agree. Chaz just wasn’t good. Next week it should be Rob. He’s mean spirited off the show talking about the cast and frankly, his dancing doesn’t seem to show that he cares about being in the competition.

• Pam says:

Loved Chaz but it was time for him to move on. As for mean-spirited I have watched Hope and Nancy with their hand in front of their mourhs talking about the others performanaces. I like Rob, didn`t at first. He`s come a long way.

• Anna says:

I have a sinking feeling that Rob’s going to make it to the finals, and possibly win.

• Steve says:

as long as the public vote remains at 50 percent this show will be a joke. You want to make this a dance contest and not a popularity contest? reduce the impact of the general public. Len, Carrie Anne and Bruno can be obnoxious, brutal and idiotic at times, but it must be frustrating for them to rate dancers based on improvement, technique or whatever, only to find others saved because the idiot public likes them for whatever reason…

• Kaye says:

I agree. On another note it is obvious that Len does not like Max and he appears to be evaluating him rather than the celebrity and Max just got tired of it and reacted… Not that I agree with his outburst!

• Betty Riley says:

i agree, len is hateful and very moody he needs to step down he trys to be funny at someone elses expense go home len

• arkpuppies says:

I agree. Chaz should’ve gone home the first week. It’s ridiculous and frustrating for many of us viewers as well. I vote but it still doesn’t matter. It was not fun seeing him continue along consistantly as the worst.

• LL says:

If this were just a dance competition, they wouldn’t get the number of viewers. The fact that they have “stars” is what makes it popular. So, of course, it ends up being a popularity contest. The fun of it is seeing people who are not professional dancers trying so hard. Most of us can identify.

• helen says:

Finally, the right person went home, he should have gone the first week, not all thoses better dancers.

2. BJ Wanlund says:

I gotta be honest, that was quite enough Maks v. Len for quite a long, long time for me. Maks really should never have said what he said, full stop.

• Ricky says:

Max had every right to get up in Lens face! That old fart needs to be put in his place. Those D-Listers work their asses off each week with the pros and who in hell is Len to judge them. I’d like to see his do a Jive preferably without his walker! And Carrie Ann is just a bit too obvious with her favorites every season: the jocks! Just saying…

• tvwatcher says:

The nerve of those judges to get offended when Max gives them a taste of their own cruel comments. Chaz worked so hard, just like everyone else, but even though he did not perform like a pro no one has to refer to him as a penguin. Kudos to Chaz, Max, and the other DWTS contestants/performers.

• Missy says:

I totally agree with you. Someone needs to put the judges in their place. They are hurtful and mean to those contestants, who work their butts off, that they are not fond of. But it’s a different tone when it is a contestant that is one of their favorites. They do not need to belittle anyone. They should show constructive criticism. I think overly inflated egos have affected their judgment….This show used to be fun. Not any more.

• Anna says:

Problem being is that Len is the Head Judge, executive Producer; and Maks’ BOSS. It may come back to haunt him.

On the other hand; the controversy may have been the difference between Maks or Chaz going home.

• Lacey says:

If Len fires Maks it may not be the worst thing for Maks. DWTS is high profile job, but not the only job in town. Len is targeting Maks and Maks is fighting back, which makes people love him more.

• RUTH WALKER says:

Maks v Len Maks.what Maks said was right on time he said what others dont have the guts 2 say did U hear Chaz this morning on GMA what Bruno call him Maks mention what they are sometime call.They are not professional Dancer(contestants) so I think they are judge unfairly U can tell the Judges favorite thumbs UP for Maks –

3. John W says:

Yes, the right couple went home tonight. I support Chaz whole-heartedly in his life, but he actually should’ve left a while ago. I feel for Hope, she’s been having one of the toughest times I’ve ever seen a celebrity go through on this show. And how many times are they gonna put her and Maks in the last two? Must be so nerve-racking. I’m looking forward to the team dances next week. Something tells me Derek and Maks won’t be on the same team.

4. Selbs says:

In years past, it would have been difficult to see almost anyone go home at this point in the competition. HOWEVER, this year most of the “dancers” should go home with the exception of Ricki and AJ, but then the season would have ended too soon! This is, without a doubt, the worst of the worst! To call the show Dancing with the STARS is a misnomer. Reality performers would be more accurate – very few stars this year.

• MK says:

I think you mean JR, not AJ…

• Bernette says:

I agree! – Although, Chaz should have gone home the first week – and these people are “not” dancers..that judge shouldn’t be so cruel….!!…. that isn’t necessary – they are “amatuers”..it takes “guts” to get up and dance every week – I guess the 20,000 per week is well worth it…….the last dancers get 30,000 – I heard that from TMZ..

5. Shelly says:

Yes, the right couple went home. Chaz should’ve been gone long time ago. It took guts for Maks to stand up for himself and Hope. Way to go Maks.

• Ricky says:

Thank You! I agree 1000% Max was right and had every right to say what he said. Len needs to RETIRE! Carrie Ann needs to get laid! And Bruno needs to cut back on the Ectasy!

• Jay says:

Ricky, apparently you need to get professional in your remarks. Maks is supposed to be a professional and be able to take any criticism directed at him or his partner.

YOur comments regarding Carrie Ann were unprofessional and belong in the same category as Maks.

• (!) says:

except the fact that he really had a point, ahem. The judges are pretty nasty and do play favorites. Not as bad as other competitions, though. They also often forget that the contests all suck at dancing compared to the pros

• montana says:

Oh Please..Max is always whining about something

6. Oralia C says:

As much as I like Hope, I just don’t think she has the makings of any type of dancer. At least Chaz showed rhythm in his dancing. Yes, Chaz needed to leave, but NOT before Hope. Maks just needs to suck it up and bear the judges’ constructive critizism.

• Bill says:

Amazing! Chaz – showed rhythm! Clumping around like an elephant! What planet are you from? Chaz should not have gotten past week one. Elizabetta should still be in the competition. IT should have gone sooner, but this week is soon enough.

• Suki-chan36 says:

Please do not call Chaz an “it”. Disliking his performance on Dancing With The Stars is one thing; attacking the fact that he is transgendered is quite another. Not only is it extremely disrespectful, but it has nothing to do with the conversation at hand. So, while you are perfectly welcome to share your opinions on the goings-on of the show (as we all are), I ask you to please keep the irrelevant opinions on the stars’ lifestyle choices to yourself.

• Anna says:

Nope, sorry; Chaz DID need to leave before Hope. He also needed to leave before Kristen and Chynna. When Maks talked about people just walking across the dance floor, he was talking about Chaz.

No rythm, no improvement, no talent. If he didn’t have famous parents no one would give a crap about him, transgendered or not.

• GingerSnap says:

No, Chaz needed to go home, and that’s because he was an awful dancer. I don’t give a crap about his life struggles. They aren’t any more severe than what JR has put up with, and JR can dance. And that’s what DWTS is – a dancing show, not a political agenda.

• Pat Vickers`` says:

You are so on target. I commend Max for his professionalism in speaking out in defense of his partner and biased judging, but also for allowing me to have the opportunity to state how inferior and politically and socially motivated the celebrity pool was this season. It was disheartening to see talent subjugated to political and social agendas. I believe that the majority of viewers feel deceived. I understand what Max meant when he said it was his show. The show is so much a part of his life and vision that he must defend it when bombarded from negative forces. Perhaps it’s time to introduce new judges who haven’t forgotten their righteous indignation when judged subjectively rather than objectively. Basically, Len’s role as the elder negative commentator is done. His credibility is nil. Max and Hope, thank you both for your strength in standing up for what’s right in spite of knowing how your careers may unjustly suffer. God me with you. Pat in Panama City l for what it’s worth I’m sixty and according to Len’s standards, I have no musicality,although I have a good time.

7. Carol says:

Bruno has been bullying Chaz from the beginning and I’m sick of it! Len is no better. It’s time to either get two new judges or start a good book for the remainder of the season.

• Moonbeam says:

Totally agree that Chaz has been bullied from the beginning. When I watched him tango last night, I did NOT ONCE think of a penguin, contrary to what Bruno said. I also suspect Rob has been coddled because so many of his family members show up on the audience and boost the ratings. Further, glad to see somebody finally told Len off. I think the ratings would be just as good without him. And what’s with Nancy Grace getting a 9 last night? She did a cute routine, but a 9? Really?? I don’t think so! And what’s with Brooke asking Rob if he felt like a man or less of a man — or whatever her silly question was — right after his routine last night. She seems to struggle to find something to say and sometimes comes up with rather goofy and annoying questions.

• Anna says:

Carrianne coddled Chaz more than she does Rob.

When I saw Spaz do the tango I didn’t think of a penguin; but flashed back to his not-very-“quick”step. It was virtually the same “dance”.

If by portraying a different kind of man Spaz meant portraying a whining crybaby Mama’s boy; he was a howling success.

• Lisa says:

It’s time for ALL three judges to GO! Schools are trying to teach not to bully, call names, make rude comments. All three judges make the same mean comments season after season. It’s very uncomfortabe to watch and is not entertaining. Critque the dance, don’t belittle a person on national TV. I’ll vote by NOT watching Dances With the Stars.

8. Darlene says:

FINALLY the right people went home..now get rid of Rob and I will go back to watching the show on Mondays.

9. Kathleen says:

I think Maks is just getting frustrated. I look for him to leave the show and not come back next year. I could be wrong but we will see. I like Maks He is sure of himself and has confidence in what he does and I think he is a great dancer. He is just partnered with the wrong celeb. This seasons DWTS just sucks. But I am glad to see Chaz go and now Nancy Grace has to go.

• Margaret says:

I think that Maks is one of the best male dancers on the show, but he really hasn’t been himself this season. I don’t know if Len “ruffeled his feathers” or if Hope has been too difficult to handle. He seems very frustrated and short-tempered. Perhaps he should have a heart-to-heart with Hope since they are clashing so much. If Hope is serious about this competition, then she needs to let him be the leader and agree to follow his direction. I’ve never seen such “drama” between a couple on this show!

• rose says:

I think Len is harsh, but Maks NEVER gets along with his celebrity and always makes them all miserable so how can you say he was just paired up with the wrong partner? There is no right partner for Maks- he is an arrogant SOB

• Winston says:

Your comment about Max’s arrogance hit it on the nail…this has been his problem every season.

• Ev says:

I agree with Winston for the most part—with the exception of Kirstie Alley—she seemed to be the only one who could “handle” Maks.

• susan nitschke says:

Absolutely agree…Maks is extremely talented but is a flaming, grandiose narcissist and i thought all of his behavior was rude and dispicable. In comparing himself and Derek, he insulted his own partner, Hope, in basically saying Derek gets better partners. Would like to see Maks get kicked off the show…

• andrea says:

That is wrong most adore and love him…eg Kirsty Alley!!!

10. sharon says:

Is there any truth to Kim K telling people to call this number for Justin Beber to answer when really it was the number to vote for her brother?

• Michelle says:

No idea, but that is pretty brilliant.

• Kate says:

It is true! I was fooling around on twitter last night seeing what the dancers would say about the whole Maks-Len thing and saw Kim’s tweet about it being Justin’s number. She actually had to send another one because her followers weren’t smart enough to realize what she was doing on their own when they got a dwts recording instead of Justin!

11. P. says:

Len & Bruno are just too hurtful in their caustic & personal negative attacks ESPECIALLY ON CHAZ. There is NO call for this. Judges should only give constructive criticism, NO. There is too much negativity in the world & I sure don’t need it in “entertainment” too. ABC DWTS just lost a viewer. STOP

• Margaret says:

I wholeheartedly agree! I feel that the judges should judge on technique, presentation and improvement ONLY. I am getting tired of the nitpicky, hurtful comments made by the judges. I watch this show for entertainment and to learn about dancing, not to hear the judges humiliate the contestants. I also don’t enjoy listening to the judges arguing among themselves. The producers need to have the present judges clean up their act or get new judges next season (except Karianne).

• Kate says:

I agree! I also thought it was going too far to show the comments between the judges after Hope’s dance on the results show tonight. Carrianne said Hope’s dance was horrible. Whether or not that’s the way the judges talk behind the scenes, it shouldn’t be how they talk about the contestants on air (and ABC shouldn’t be showing how they talk when the camera isn’t on them). Hope has shown that this does not come naturally to her but still fights through it. It may not have been her best dance, but she still deserves encouragement and constructive criticism.

• andrea says:

Well written. I think Max is a wonderful man. How can he stand it when he sees good dancers get kicked off instead of horrid dancers. I think he is teaching Hope lessons in life and she is starting to understand what he is saying. The judges have to go or I won’t watch again. Even my husband who has dementia and used to love this show gets upset at the meaness of the comments, and lewedness of that Italian. Len is judging from formal Standard not American Show Dance rules…it must be horrible for the professionals. Thank goodness for Tom…he is so elegant, kind and quite witted…more judges with his qualities. I remember an older English judge who was wonderful a few seasons ago. And Brooke is just not the right person for that job. Not funny or quick like Tom…

• Jake says:

If people are appalled that Bruno called Chaz “a cute little penguin”, I would encourage everyone to look back at some of his greatest insults to other stars, because that was as tepid as it gets. It’s not like he called him a hippo or a cow…I think “a cute little penguin” when a man is wearing a tux with tails seems pretty mild…and I think the judges including Bruno have been MORE than generous with Chaz this season and have helped him outlast waaaaay better dancers.

12. Allys says:

I have no issues with Chaz’ lifestyle, he just couldn’t dance. He should have been voted off earlier. Maks is a total jerk and I think he has been way to hard on Hope. Nancy and Rob have both improved so much, I want them to do well. The others are all hit and miss, but at least have some moves!

• silkie70 says:

you are so right allys

• Brooke says:

Chaz doesn’t have a lifestyle. He has a life.

• Philip says:

Love him or hate him Chaz left with class. He spoke of his goals and walked away without complaining. Yes Hope didn’t look very good and yes she was judged fairly by the panel. Max may have been disappointed, but he had no right to complain about the truth. She will be gone next week, but might have a chance if Nancy doesn’t improve fast. She regularly “thinks” a good performance, but doesn’t seem to realize that she isn’t achieving her desires. She is not long for the show.

13. Cecilia says:

I love dancing with the stars I wish I could since there aren’t really any real stars … This cast is very random not exciting except I do like Ricki always liked her and JR well he is a special and very likable between the 2 of them is the reason I watch this season … They are great dancers ,,, I knew they would go far from
    The first dance

14. Barbara says:

Chaz should have gone home long ago. I agree with Max. Lyn has his favorites and is very critical of others. It’s time for Lyn to go home.

15. Sarah k says:

I agree, Chaz should have gone a long time ago..I do think that, at least,Hope has potential if she would just loosen up. But I also agree with another comment..Rob and Nancy should go home next.. and she should have gone sooner as well. Talk about no potential to ever be a dancer!

16. Ed says:

This season has been a waste. Never watch the show on Monday any more. Just the last 10 minutes on Tuesday to see when they would get rid of Chaz. Nothing personal but he didn’t dance once. He just isn’t any kind of a dancer. They seemed to want him on until Cher made an appearance. Now won’t watch at all because it’s such a bad cast. Hopefully, better next year.

17. manny says:

Maks is EGOESTIC ! This is not show period.

18. Margaret Stratton says:

Maks and Hope should have been the couple to go, mainly because of the lack of sportsmanship and professionalism, not because of dancing. DWTS has always been a popularity contest, but one that also shows fun and frivolity and the weight losses are outstanding! Chaz was a good sport and I hate to see him go!

19. Brianna says:

I think that Chaz & Lacey should’ve went home a long time ago. Hope & Maks could do better, but I can see how frustrating it could get for Hope. Week after week, she has been beatin’ down by the judges, and she has potential, and she has a lott of heart !

20. Zoe says:

I think it is time for Chaz to go he should have left awhile ago.Also go Maks he stood up to Len!!!!!!

21. boldnbeautifulme says:

The right Person did go home tonight,,, Chaz should have gone home sooner… This is a Dancing competetion, and let’s face it, He can’t Dance.. Mak’s should go home next,, His Ego is getting the best of Him!!!!

22. Murphy says:

The right person went home tonight….although I would have loved to see Max’ ego go for good. He is sooooo talented but after he said “my” show…I was done with him.

23. Maryanne says:

Chaz has made some real progress, but it’s time. There are many of the stars that need to go home. In my opinion, this seasons stars are lacking in every aspect. Not up to par with other seasons.

24. Anna says:

I was extremely turned off with Brunos unnecessary hurtful comments towards Chaz.

• Mags says:

I was also kind of appalled tonight when after they showed the clip Bruno was sitting there acting like he had no idea why Chaz would be upset.

25. kat says:

FINALLY! The right one went home. Chaz should have gone home week 1, and to keep him on as long as he was, well it was painful to watch! I was beginning to think that it was fixed every week he was kept on and others that were MUCH better than him went home. Lacey is a phenomenal dancer, and to be saddled with the big, clumsy Chaz was beginning to wear on her, you could see that in her responses last night when Chaz just wasn’t getting it.

26. vannie says:

none of these people are even stars except david arquette. some lousy season!

27. lori says:

I feel Chaz should have stayed at least one more week. A message needed to be sent to that arrogant Max that disrespecting the judges, and especially someone who has been in the business 50+ years won’t be tolerated. I am getting sick and tired of his being in love with himself. “His show?”. What arrogance.

• Ikawawa says:

Would people be as upset, I wonder, if the judge’s “golden boy” Derek had said it was “his show”?

• Suki-chan36 says:

I’d imagine so, yes. Dancing With The Stars is, in essence, a collaborative effort between many different parties. Anyone calling it “their show” is entirely out of place for doing so.

• Ikawawa says:

He apologized. Perhaps it made sense in his head. When they replayed it tonight it sounded more to me like he meant “my show” the way you might say ” my family” or “my school”

• Meg says:

I’m thinking it was a combination of not thinking before he spoke and English being his second language that made it come across differently. He apologized last night and clarified his statement.

• Kaye says:

Give him some credit. He did apologise!

• GingerSnap says:

When Max called it “his show”, he said it like I would say “my job”. He meant that he cares what happens on “his show”. Try substituting “my job” for “my show” and you’ll get his point. The favoritism that’s been show on this show is disgusting!

28. Fawn Dellmakok says:

That big fat ugly cow Nancy Grace should have been kicked out a long time ago. Why is she still there?

• Suki-chan36 says:

Was it really necessary for you to comment about what you think Nancy’s weight and appearance is?

• dJ says:

Really, what a crass and ignorant thing to say about Nancy! I find it truly amazing that another woman would say that. While I am not a fan of Nancy Grace per se, she is well educated, successful mom of twins. show some respect please.

• Fred says:

I asume you are one of Gods most perfect creations, why else would you have the nerve to to coment on some one elses weight or looks? whit that said I am sure your intellagents level is not too high, oh well we all can’t have every thing.

29. linda says:

hope max leaves and leaves for good, what kind of professionalism is that…hope the producers give him the heave ho. Need to have better potential dancers next year to keep me watching and boot off anyone with short fuses or outofline!

• pellet8 says:

Max doesn’t need to leave the show “LEN”” does. He is very insulting to Hope and has been since Day 1. Where is LEN”S professionalism?????? What is the big deal of what Hope wore for shoes. I thought Max & Hope was dancing to the Rumba “NOT SKATING” Max has the right to his opinion and he’s not afraid to say it as the other pros complain about LEN and they don’t have enough balls to say anything!!!!!!

30. Stacie says:

There ain’t no way that Hope was in the Bottom 2 tonight. That was all for dramatic reasons. When Tom says this isn’t necessarily the Bottom 2 it’s never more true than tonight. Dancing with the Stars since the very beginning has always been about the drama and last night, and tonight for that matter are no different.

31. Ceepia says:

The right couple was sent packing. I like Chaz but he is not a very good dancer. I am glad Max found it in his heart to apologize. The show is a competition with judging entrusted to professionals. There is no malice in their remarks. Critisism is difficult in any venue but public scrutiny is super hard. Max, respect the judges’ professional opinion. You are supposed to be a professional also.

Hope needs to stop talking about how she entered the competition with zero experience. A lot of people did. Get with the program Hope. You can do this. LET GO! Your athletics should help you. You are certainly more conditioned than some of the other participants. Competing is what you do. You have got the goods girl. Get it together and go for it.

32. Jo Ann says:

all 3 judges need to be fired. Len is the ringleader, Carrie Ann follows him and Bruno follows the first 2. They are not judges, they are cruel, sadistic, egotistical,conceited, etc. etc. I am not a fan of DWTS, but have been watching the show with my daughter. NO MORE, SHE WON’T BE WATCHING EITHER, AND A GROUP OF ABOUT 20 WILL NOT EITHER. I THINK IF ENOUGH PEOPLE STOP WATCHING THIS SHOW, THEY WILL BE IN TROUBLE. By the way, I am 72 and my daughter is 40. reason I am mentioning it, i would not want people to think I am making my daughter quit watching. by the way, who should have gone home tonight ?
    ron Kardashian. I think Chaz is a good dancer, not perfect, but neither was anyone else on the show.

• Diane says:

I liked Chaz and really wanted to see if he would improve. I love Cher but I would not have voted for him. My girls were dancers and I look at the foot work and the movement of the body and he just did not have it. He was cute and smiling all the time but dancing is not his thing. Hope, is athletic and I can see that she is not used to being feminine. She is a beautiful lady but a bit stiff in some of her movements. Athletes have different composure. She did try hard to learn but she may improve, who knows. I agree about Maks, he stood up for him and his partner, but he is arrogant and always has been, but he is a great conceded dancer. Nancy Grace is doing okay, but not great. Ricki Lake is good and JR is wonderful. So is Arquette, I commend him and yes he is a “star”. A little goofy, but a good dancer.

33. lynne says:

hope that max does not return next year. He has always been so full of himself. Len said that it was Max’s fault and I agree. He does the choreography and it was terrible. Chaz should have gone a long time ago but hope Max goes next. Tired of seeing his chest and his inflated ego! The judges could also limit their remarks to constructive criticism.

34. Carolyn says:

Criticism from the judges should be helpful. They used to say things like — work on your posture, point your toes, hold your shoulders back, work on musicality. Now the comments are often rude and hurtful. While Maks went a bit too far, I completely understood his frustration. The judges do seem to have their favorites, and those not on that list get treated shabbily.

35. Joe says:

Yes, Chaz was the right choice. Although he has shown improvement each week, he just is the at the level of the other contestants.
    In my humble opinion the next two to be eliminated should be Nancy and Rob. I offer that for the same reasons I stated about Chaz, they have both made improvements it just not enough at this point.

36. Alice says:

I believe the producers should get rid of Len – he is too cruel. Also, too old – he should retire. So what if he has been in the business for 50 yrs – who cares! This is really a popularity show in the end – the one that gets the most votes wins!!! And that pipsqueak Bruno should learn to clean up his act too! These people have never danced before and are working their hardest to learn the dances given to them. I admire MAX. I am glad that someone finally had the nerve to speak up and cut old Len down. Carianne should stay out of it – she is getting to be like Len.

37. jane anderson says:

““I came on this show because I wanted to show America a different kind of man,” said Chaz, who made history as DWTS‘ first-ever transgender contestant. “I know if there was somebody like me on TV when I was growing up, my whole life would’ve been different. And so I dedicate everything I did to all the people out there like me — especially the kids and teens who are struggling. You can have a wonderful, great life and be successful and happy.””

But Chaz – this is a DANCING COMPETITION. You are supposed to come there and compete for the best dancer. It is inspiring that Chaz came on the show to inspire kids and teens. But this is just the wrong show to do something like this. This is a dancing show, not a political forum.

Having said that, why does anyone have to go home? It is a treat for viewers to see how contestants improve each week. They may not be able to dance good enough to win, but when they improve dramatically like they have that is nice to watch.

So – don’t send anybody home. Instead form two groups. One strictly for judges scores. The second, for viewers votes. The judges will however judge all couples each week, so a couple could end up in either group depending on their score.

The final show competition would have two trophies. One from the judges, the second for viewer votes. The object is for the same couple to win both. But if not, there will be two winners.

• Gail says:

I like your idea of multiple awards and not sending the stars home!

Like you, I like watching the stars improve. Chaz was on the show as long as he was because enough folks found him *entertaining* to watch. He may not have been the best dancer, but he had a cute, cuddly presence that made up for it. I also like watching really good dancers, and sometimes better dancers aren’t as much fun to watch as lesser dancers with a good presence.

Since it has become obvious that the main award is more influenced by home viewers than quality of performance, perhaps we need separate awards for “Judges’ Choice,” “Most Improved,” and “Viewers’ Choice” in addition to the combined vote.

Barring that, if Chaz didn’t go home this week, he’d be going home in the next couple of them, because he’s *not* the best dancer in the pack. Still, it won’t be as much fun to watch without him.

As for Max and the judges, folks need to remember that it’s just as much Hope’s prize (if not MORE so) than his, so why should SHE be penalized for his actions?

Re: Len, HE’s the judge I’d like to see do some dancing. YEAH!!!

• Joyce Fisher says:

I really like this idea because each year one of the most enjoyable aspects of the show is seeing a star go from having “two left feet” to being a dancer! Sometimes their progress is amazing and often they are the most fun to watch. I’m always sad to see them voted off because I wonder just how good could they be with more training. Regarding the judges, although I like them, I do think they are too harsh at times. They should watch “The Sing-Off” and see how wonderful those judges are. When they point out the negatives of a performance they do it with the most positive attitude and give real advice on how the contestants can improve, they are ALWAYS kind. I would enjoy DWTS so much more and it would help the stars to become better dancers.

38. Ikawawa says:

I wish they would reveal the couples in order from most votes to least. This whole “not necessarily in the bottom two” process is ridiculous.
    It would be nice to see if the judges ranking really means anything at all.

• steve says:

the judge’s ranking does not mean a thing. If you’ve watched the seasons involving Bristol Palin and Kate Gosselin, now Chaz and Nancy Grace, you realize that the producers are going to decide who stays on the show based on the “outrage factor” i.e. who they think will generate the most controversy.

39. Bob says:

The judges do not have a solid criteria for their evaluation. It seems like their comments reflect a “bias” as opposed to objectivity and consistency. Maybe it is time to get a new set of judges.

40. Spencer says:

Ok, all I can say is: THANK GOD! I’m sorry Lacey, I wish u could get a good partner for once, but Chaz needed to go 2 weeks ago instead of Chynna and (boo) Carson. And, last but not least, CARSON NEEDS TO TAKE BROOKE’s job!

• Cinders says:

Lacey has had two very good partners, who both made it to the finals. The first was Lance Bass, who came in third and the second was Kyle Massey, who came in second.

So she has had some good partners.

41. Amber says:

I feel bad for the guy, but this was probably the best elimination decision made all season. However, I do wish people wouldn’t be so mean-spirited and insulting about his getting kicked off. People have a right to live their lives how they see fit without being called names by others. The judgment displayed by some posters on this website in Chaz’s lifestyle choice is extremely horrifying to me.

42. Pam says:

I don’t understand why Nancy Grace can advertise her being on DWTS on her television show and even give out the number to call and vote. I think it gives her an advantage over the other dancers and I think this makes it more a popularity contest than one of talent. The other contests should be upset about this advantage.

• Penny says:

At least Nancy Grace does not deceive the voters, Kim Kardashian tricked people into voting for Rob by posting on Twitter a phone number which she claimed was Justin Bieber but was to vote for Rob. Furthermore, Nancy is giving her winnings to charity (missing and exploited children). I’ve never heard of the Kardashian clan ever giving one penny away to charity!

43. s says:

I’m also wondering if Maks will leave the show after this season. They need to reconsider new judges for next season along with a new Host. They need to quit being mean, having picks, judging on every little lift, and hating on shirtless men and ‘raunchy’ dances. I myself love the shirtless men!! They need to realize some viewers not only tune in for the ‘Stars’ but also the PROS too. I know that I mainly tuned in this season because of the pros not the so called ‘stars’………. back to the eliminated, YEAH the right one went! Chaz should have went weeks ago!

44. Rebecca says:

I liked Chaz and enjoyed his dances, but from a technical standpoint, he just couldn’t keep up with the other dancers. It really was time for him to leave.

That said, I think Maks was a disrespectful snot with his comments. When did it become acceptable for such rudeness to be cheered? Look at the ridiculous remarks here from people saying things to the effect of “WTG, Maks!” or “Good job putting old fart Len in his place.” For shame!

If Maks doesn’t want to be judged, he should leave the show. Good riddance.

• Betty says:

I totally agree. Max was way out of line and should leave the show.DWTS has always had some class and been entertaining. Lately, it is looking more like Jerry Springer’s show. The world of competitive dance is subjective…meaning scores are subject to the thoughts and whims of the judges. Max should be used to that. He has grown pompous and self impressed, strutting and prancing around. He needs to go. Notice Derek, a truly great dancer, always behaves like a good sportsman, a gentleman, and a friend to his partner. More dancers like Derek, pls. Len, You bring a strict perspective to the show, no different than your counterparts on Idol, and X Factor. Good for you….hold your ground.

45. Missy says:

I think that the judges are harsh. There is a way of being constructive or just being mean. Len is mean. Perhaps Maks was right, he should get out. I used to enjoy the show. But the criticism has gotten so personal that it’s not a fun show anymore..The judges, all of them, are not Gods. They need to take a step back and be human. They are hurtful, mean and appear to have over inflated egos….

46. chris says:

Rob needs to go home

47. Nobody says:

I agree! No more fighting max. Len has 50 years experience and should be respected. As far as comments from judges I think they try to give the positive and what needs to improve. Each star is different and treated accordingly. I liked Max but that arugement was uncalled for and he lost my vote for this season. There will always be a battle for young vs old, but tactlessness is not winning it.

48. Very Disappointed says:

Good riddens Chasity, your are a no talent discrace, embarisment and a total waste of humanity. Please disappear from public life. I hope DWTS will find some credable stars in the future or I will not be watching another no star freak show.

• Betty says:

To Very Disappointed. Shame on you for belittling Chaz. Judge not lest ye be judged. At least he put himself out there for the world to see. You won’t even sign your name. God help you and your little narrow mind.

• Nicole says:

It’s Chaz. Chaz is his name. Won’t comment on the rest.

• Fred says:

I wish I had your ability to be able to weed out the waste to humanity, If I did I think you would be the first on my list, I am embarised for you, It seems your talent lies in mental defect & back woods life, would the world miss you if you disappeared from the face of the earth ? I wonder, & I think NOT.

49. cupcaxsaustin says:

The producers should listen to the bloggers if they want this show to regain it’s earlier popularity. There is no reason a judge should make derogatory remarks çalling the dancers names. All 3 should be replaced. Bruno with all of his arm waving, maniac acting perverted remarks should go immediately as well as karrieann who votes with brun regardless. And as for Lenn he always turns every comment negatve. He thinks they should all dance as he did 40 years ago..no props, just not current with the times. Maks is right, he needs to go,…. listen to your live audience ..they always disagree with him Their claim to be professionals lcks professionalism.

50. Rama says:

The right couple was eliminated. I think Chaz should’ve been eliminated on week 2. Hope should be eliminated next, though. She’s more masculine than Chaz, and she can’t dance, not graceful and she doesn’t even try to follow Maks’ instructions. Why would Maks want to keep dancing with someone who biceps are as muscular as his??