TVLine Items: All My Children Online Update, Psych's Ratings Boost and More!

Let’s hope this really is a done deal: All My Children‘s Lindsay Hartley has revealed via Twitter that Darnell Williams (aka Jesse Hubbard!) is set to join her when (or if?) the soap relaunches on The Online Network next year.

Prospect Park has yet to officially confirm the news, but should it prove true, Williams’ casting would bring to three the number of Pine Valley faves following the former ABC soap to the web. (Cameron Mathison previously signed on.)

Sadly, Jesse will be without his Angie (at least the original one) in the new P.V., as Debbi Morgan is now stirring up trouble on CBS’ The Young and the Restless.

More One Life to Live Stars Join Online Venture

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• USA Network’s Psych, now facing especially stiff competition on Wednesday nights from the likes of Revenge, CSI and American Horror Story, is seeing some mighty gains with its Live+3 DVR numbers. In total audience, Episode 2 of the long-awaited new season surged 60 percent, to nearly 4 million viewers, while the dramedy’s 18-49 numbers exploded 73 percent to 2.2 mil.

• A&E has announced that Stephen King’s much-anticipated miniseries, Bag of Bones, will premiere Sunday, Dec. 11. The four-hour saga stars erstwhile James Bond Pierce Brosnan, Melissa George (Alias), Jason Priestly (Beverly Hills, 90210), Annabeth Gish (Pretty Little Liars) and Anika Noni Rose (Dreamgirls).

• Beginning Nov. 10, Michael Learned (The Waltons) will temporarily fill in for Young and the Restless vet Jeanne Cooper as Katherine Chancellor. The Genoa City matriarch is on leave for non-serious medical issues, EW.com reports.

Ultimate Male Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tourney Begins With Psych, Bones, NCIS and CSI

• HBO and frequent collaborator Tom Hanks (Big Love, Band of Brothers, John Adams) are developing a half-hour comedy that centers on college athletes, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

• True Blood creator Alan Ball is developing a medical drama for HBO about an abortion doctor in Kansas, per The Hollywood Reporter.

• Nick at Nite has given the green light to its first original scripted pilot: the multi-cam comedy, Daddy’s Home, starring Scott Baio (Charles In Charge), per Deadline.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. heather_kaye says:

This week’s Psych was the best in several season, maybe ever – guess word got out!

2. SPARKY says:

There still needs to be far more than 3 AMC’ers to make All My Children 2.0. It’s good that Darnell – the only one of the three most of us give a crap about, frankly – is on board, but we need more of the AMC veterans to come on board. Because if they think anyone is going to watch AMC 2.0 with Ryan and a whole raft of newbies like Cara, Colby, Maya and Randi, they are ON CRACK.

• dan says:

Agreed! We need some of the oldies like David, a Martin family representative (Tad and/or Jake), somebody from the Kane clan (Erica, even if Susan Lucci only makes recurring appearances, and Bianca or Kendall), a few chandlers (Scott and a recast JR would be fine), along with Opal and even Liza (I’ll take Jamie Luner’s Liza because Marcy Walker seems to have retired from acting). Frankie is a good one to keep, Greenlee is fine (although I prefer the character far away from Ryan), Madison is a good one to keep and I don’t mind Asher sticking around if they give him something to do, but I can live without Caleb. Newbies are OK as long as there are established characters we care about. And PLEASE, do not make this the “Cameron Mathison Show” by making Ryan front and center. That was Fronsie’s idea of good story telling and we all know how that turned out!

• I MUST AGREE WITH DAN. THE SHOW SHOULD BE ABOUT A GROUP PROJECT AND NOT A ONE MAN ACT. I CAN’T TO SEE IF THEY RECAST JR CHANDLER. I STILL PRAYING THAT TAD MARTIN AND THE MARTIN FAMILY STILL BE PART OF ALL MY CHILDREN. GOOD LUCK TO THE SHOW. YOUR TRULY CHARLES DAVID HASKELL

• Elaine says:

Would love to see any of the Kane women but MOST important is Tad, Opal and Jake. Really miss them and their families. Tad and Opal have been a part of my daily life for so long that things have NOT been the same since 9/23 !!

• Tess says:

Hopefully, with Darnell Williams agreeing to do the web series, it will encourage other veterans of the show to sign on too. I don’t think Cameron Mathison or Lindsay Hartley would have any impact on their cast members deciding to keep with the show, but Darnell’s presence may give a little more oomph to the actors that have been sitting on the fence. It’s a good sign that he’s going to keep with it, I think, although I do wonder how they will work around Angie not being there. I don’t think many fans would accept someone else playing the role…perhaps they will say Angie was shot by JR and is in a coma so that if/when Debbi Morgan is available, she could come back to the show and they don’t have to pull the back from the dead card.

3. Tori says:

So happy to see Psych is finally getting the attention they deserve after 6 seasons. Best show ever!!!

4. Dessy says:

“True Blood creator Alan Ball is developing a medical drama for HBO about an abortion doctor in Kansas, per The Hollywood Reporter.”

Oh Please, God, No.
    Do not do this just to get a lot of controversy and ratings. that’s sick.

5. s. says:

Love PSYCH. Could be their best season yet. Shawn and Gus know how to bring it, take that CSI haha… Bags of Bones, Dec. 11? Really? Hope its worth the wait.

6. Eliza says:

Yay! So happy for Psych!!! The first 2 episodes were really great, especially last weeks — it was so hilarious!

Hope USA doesn’t take one of my favorite bromances ever away from me any time soon!

7. Carrie says:

I’m pleased about “Psych”, but I don’t understand how this online version of AMC is going to explain Angie’s absence if Jesse will still be a part of the show. Rebecca Budig said she doesn’t plan to continue with the show either, so how are they going to explain Greenlee’s absence when Ryan is still there? None of this makes sense. They don’t even have Erica Kane anymore, and I don’t think any of the fans will want to watch recasts of such popular characters. I also find it interesting that so many popular actors from OLTL have already signed on for the online version of their show, but we’ve barely heard anything about AMC actors.

• Bonnie says:

I would at least hope that characters like Greenlee and Angie would close up their story lines. No Angie recast, but they could do a Greenlee. I would love to see Jake, Tad and Amanda continue (although MEK, sounds like he does not want to full time) Susan can also not be replaced but the show can go on without her.

8. Mr Furley says:

A new Scott Baio Sitcom?? Sounds DREAMY!!! Not. ;-)

• Danielle H. says:

Knew this was gonna happen eventually. Apparently these older teen idols have blown their money and have to hop back on the tubes to pay the mortgage, lol. :P

9. Barb says:

As long as it gets renewed for a 7th season I’ll be a happy camper. They can finally get their Clue eppie filmed.

• Stefanie says:

OMG I would freak out if they did a Clue ep on Psych! It is my absolute favorite movie from when I was a kid and it would be perfect for that show! Brilliant!

10. Lisa says:

Last weeks epi was hilarious. Loved it!

11. Philip says:

So, so far there are 3 PP AMC people signed on but triple the amount of OLTL actors and that show will premiere on PP soon after it goes off the air on ABC. I’m upset at this but curious to see what will happen with AMC and what it will be like ratings-wise.

12. JAmandaFan says:

We need David, Krystal, Tad, Dixie, Kendall, Zach, Madison, Griffin–Prospect Park needs to negotiate with these actors! I read that Alicia Minshew wanted to join but only as recurring–hire her! They need everyone on board to get people to tune into the new online version–then if actors leave, the audience will already be there.

13. Amber says:

Ah, that Alan Ball. Ever the cheerful fellow! I want to force feed that guy Prozac mixed with ice cream.

I am a bit worried for AMC if they only have 3 actors signed on. Isn’t that show set to air in January or February? Not sure there will be much point to having Jesse without Angie, but I do like the actor. So for the people who won’t ever sign on, I’m guessing it’s Susan Lucci, Jacob Wood, Rebecca Budig, Debbi Morgan…I think Michael Knight will do it, what else does he have going on? C’mon, guy, I’m not ready to say goodbye to Tad Martin. Make a deal!

14. kathy says:

First week we watched Psych On Demand on Thursday. The second week we watched the East Coast time on their HD station, on the West Coast. So we watch it at 7pm and have no real conflicts at 10.

15. Michelle says:

That’s because psych ROCKS!! I record Revenge and watch psych live. It’s always good to end your night with a little Shawn and Gus :)

16. Brittany says:

Totally agree with everyone who said this season of Psych is the best yet. I haven’t laughed that hard in an episode in forever, and I’m still quoting it! (It’s hard out there for a pimp, Shawn. Love me some Gus!) This week’s episode looks just as good, and again looks like it has lots of great Gus lovin’ (how awesome is his vampire Bill impression in the preview?!)

17. LC says:

YAY for Psych!!! I just hope the show continues for as long as it can! I think Dule is looking for an out but I hope he sticks with it— I’d be lost w/o Shawn and Gus!!!!

18. ncisfan says:

OMG Psych was so awesome, I watched it like ten times! Gus and Shawn are hilarious, and I am glad they finally added some humor with Lassie, and brought back the autopsy guy because he is a riot! LOVELOVELOVE!!!

19. Rosie Dekgado says:

Can’t wait to see this happen. When next year?