Exclusive

Exclusive: Secret Circle Recruits Friday Night Lights' Grey Damon for Some Dark Magic

The Secret Circle has found its newest witchy hunk.

Former Friday Night Lights footballer Grey Damon is joining The CW’s freshman series in the potentially recurring role of Lee Labeque, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Matt’s Inside Line on Supernatural, CSI: NY, Chuck, Secret Circle, Unforgettable and More!

Lee, who first appears in Episode 10, is a sexy and mysterious twentysomething grifter type with a lot of confidence — and knowledge. He claims to come from Santeria heritage and runs an occult Botanica in the suburbs. He’s got a hint of danger about him, so it’s no surprise that resident bad girl Faye takes an interest in the guy and the dark side of magic in which he dabbles. Hmm, sounds like Faye is up to no good — what else is new? — maybe even trying to get her solo powers back.

In addition to FNL, Damon starred on ABC Family’s recently axed The Nine Lives of Chloe King.

1. shannon says:

he is perfect for this show!!

2. vera rigoli says:

Please tell us about a teaspoon of Sons of Anarchy, more specifically Jax and Tara, we know the fear of Tara for the death threat he received, so I would like to speak if she’ll actually go out of Charming.
    Thank you!

3. Anonymous says:

Brian from Chloe King! LOVE LOVE LOVED his character there, so good to see him coming to The Secret Circle.

4. Elizabeth says:

I was one of those people who watched (and enjoyed) Chloe King.

Grey Damon is definitely a cutie.
    Nice addition to TSC!

• Marsha says:

I caught Chloe King on Netflix and was appaled to realize that it wasn’t being renewed nor was ABC Family giving them the opportunity to at least wrap up the show. I am so mad about it. The least they could have done was given it a two-hour series finale or two more episodes to tie everything up. Brian was my favorite character on Chloe King and the series ending the way it did was a travesty.

5. Thomas says:

They’re really trying to make Faye/Boys happen, aren’t they?

• LS says:

Haha stop trying to make Faye/Boys happen! It’s not going to happen!

• Kelly says:

Probably because she’s straight and hasn’t expressed any interest in girls. There’s nothing wrong w/ being a lesbian but so far in canon, she has expressed interest in boys.

6. Lily says:

Um, I think the viewers are a bit confused by this. Faye and boys? Really? We can all see clearly that she’s a full-on lesbian. Go Faye and girls!

• gabhainn says:

No. Some people seem to think Faye is a lesbian. That doesn’t make her a lesbian. She was completely heartbroken by Jake Armstrong, that’s canon. People wanting her to be a lesbian is fiction.

• ger says:

Yeah, gay kids never experiment with people of the opposite sex in high school. Just don’t as my 10th grade girlfriend Valerie.

Oh, and people who use the word canon make me laugh.

7. Gusar says:

Still mourning the demise of Chloe King… Man I fell in love with that show. Hard. The cancellation still stings! Doesn’t help that the pic is from a Chloe King photoshoot!!
    But anyway, cool that Grey Damon has a new show.

8. Me says:

He’s hot but I still ship Faye with Melissa.

9. Lisa says:

Last weeks Secret Circle sucked.

• Anonymous says:

To each their own, but I thought it opened up a lot of new possibilities for the show to continue on with. Sure it was slower, but after two epic fast-paced episodes, and the death of Nick, this one was just perfect.

Besides, the Halloween episode is coming up this week on Thursday, and it’s sure looking like everything is going to be moving along great!

• Sess says:

Every episode of the Secret Circle has sucked. I didn’t like last week’s either, but the writing and acting in it was significantly better than any other episode thus far.

10. Erica says:

Oh God! This show will definitely suck more now. He was the worst part in Nine Lives of Chloe King!

11. Will says:

I’m still hoping Diana-Faye will happen sometime! lol

12. Cat says:

Yay! I love that guy!

13. Nicole says:

Awesome – I kept waiting for FNL to do something with his character, but it never really happened. They really need more boys on TSC, so this is a great addition.

14. Issha says:

Why not make Faye a lesbian? Out of a circle of 6, I struggle to understand why all those central characters are white and straight. The lack of diversity is making individual and pair-off dramas kinda redundant and plain. And oh look – we have another hunky male drifter blowing through town so soon after Jake?? The show’s mythology and the powers aren’t exciting enough either. I just think the books aren’t translating well to tv as well as TVD with the way they’ve developed it.

15. Billy says:

Let’s hope he doesn’t stay to long or dies either is fine, but I’m leaning toward dying so he doesn’t get the chance to come back later on.

16. shan T says:

Omg love this show … I think faye is the second which with balcoin magic as her mother had a thing for john blackwell who is also cassies father which will make them sisters … Love that twist …faye is an amazing character and also my favourite !! :D

17. g. says:

I don’t know if Faye is gay but she’s definitely (secretly) in love with in Melissa.