James Lafferty Will Be a Part of Tree Hill Finale

It’s no secret that James Lafferty’s presence in the upcoming ninth and final season of The CW’s One Tree Hill (premiering at midseason) will be scaled back in a major way. But would the primetime sudser’s longtime star really miss out on its ultimate swan song?

Thankfully, River Court fans, the answer is no. TVLine has confirmed that Nathan Scott will make it back to his old stomping grounds in time for the gang’s final hurrah. Our friends over at Zap2it first reported the news.

As for what exactly is responsible for Nate’s absence leading up to his return, we can’t spoil it. However, we can direct you to the following link, which gives a fun little tease.

Of course, any observant Tree Hill fan well knows that Lafferty’s reappearance is just one of a myriad of other familiar faces dropping by for the final  season. Former leading man Chad Michael Murray will reprise his role as Lucas Scott (for a brief stint opposite Bethany Joy Galeotti’s Haley), while Nate’s parents, Dan (Paul Johansson) and Deb (Barbara Alyn Woods), will resurface as well. Tyler Hilton is set to return as Chris Keller.

Also turning up during the 13-episode outing are Allison Munn as Miss Lauren, Scott Holroyd as Quinn’s ex-hubby David and Devin McGee as Brooke’s Season 6 attacker, Xavier.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Finales, Spring TV Preview

1. Lauren says:

YES!! Happy Dance We have Nate for the series finale it wouldn’t have been the same without him!!!

2. Dennis says:

Any news at Chad Michael Murray being in the series finale? I read somewhere that he’s just appearing once in the middle of the season. That can’t be all … when OTH is ending Lucas and Peyton have to be there next to Haley, Nathan and Brooke – the Fab5 in one last scene together. That would be a dream come true.

3. Rocky says:

I also want Lucas and Peyton to be in the series finale. It would be wrong not to have them there when it’s all over, especially Lucas. When he’s returning for one episode, they could just as well include him in the series finale.

4. Michelle says:

I am glad he will be there. It wouldn’t be the same. I have lost all hope for Peyton and Luke is fr only one episode. I will take what they give. Gunna be crying through the whole thing anyway lol

5. Anna says:

I wish Hilarie Burton, Peyton, was coming back too.

6. David says:

I’m really going to miss One Tree Hill. Say what you will about it being on the air for so long and losing cast members – it’s just such a good show! It’s unique because it’s graduated from a high school show to a show about a family. There needs to be more of that on tv – shows like One Tree Hill, and Parenthood. I hope that when it goes off the air at the end of the season that more realistic family style shows are given more of a chance!

7. Rebecca says:

I’d love to see Whitey make a return appearance. How about Karen and Andy? Also, I hope no major characters get killed. I really hate when shows kill characters, especially at the ends of their runs. It’s too depressing. (Unless the dead character is a villain, then I can usually go with it.)

8. Lauren says:

I want Karen to come back. I don’t care that there’s no reason for her to!
    It would be amazing if in the finale they had all of the original regulars – Keith, Karen, Lucas, Peyton. But I know that won’t happen.

9. Gracie says:

Would be most grateful if the fab5 takes part in the final season of oth. Lucas, nate, haley, b.d and p.s….oth is all bout dis fab5, frm high skul to becoming independent nd nw having there own family. I think dey shld tk part in d final season plz do dis 4 ur oth fans, am sure many out der wold be grateful.

10. Timelord says:

Is this steaming pile of horse manure still on the air?

11. roni says:

I really hope that while chad was filming that they did a scene for the finale. Because I concur with everyone else that you can’t have a series finale without the fab 5. I would hope that the actors the protray the characters and the people who write or produce the show wouldn’t want to disappoint the fans who have allowed this wonderful show to continue so long

12. april-ann says:

I’ve always really liked Nathan and hope he would be back for the remainder. I’d like to see the others too, but if they are not on the show for it’s last season and are not involved in the storylines leading up to the ending, then at this point I’m indifferent as to whether they return just to briefly drop-in during one episode or just to make a cameo appearance in the finale.

13. Robin says:

I’m glad to hear this but I would be even more pleased if Hilarie Burton was coming back to for the series finale (at least). How can it end without Lucus, Peyton, Brooke, Nathan and Haley all together in the last episode/last scene.

14. Alberto says:

I’ve lost my hope for Hilarie Burton, she will never be back for the finale, and I hate her for that… I just hope that Chad would make it, even if it’s not the same thing…

15. Megan says:

I will miss One Tree Hill! I have watched it since the begining, and I love it! I will say they made an Awesome TV show that I will watch forever! It will be a Great ending!

16. steven says:

everyone is all excited for nate to be in the finale… im not… why because it needed to be worked out that all of the original cast (with exception to keith) were in the finale. If i were the people in charge i would have found a way to get chad and hillary in on the series finale as well as lucas mom and little sister. also, wouldnt an appearance by Jake J seem good in the last season as well. Even Bevin!!! have her and Skills wind up together again, i always liked them together before!

17. Sam says:

This is exciting news! Does this mean that Nathan will be in 8 episodes instead of 7, or is this included in the 7 episodes that he was meant to be in? Also is there any word on are any chance of Lucas and Peyton returning for the finale?

18. blessing says:

Its sad that peyton won’t be coming back nd lucas just in d middle of an episode but am happy dan is in wit d rest.hoping for a wonderful finale