Ultimate Male Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tourney Begins With Bones, NCIS, Psych and CSI

Their official mission is to serve and protect, but every TV fan knows that our favorite small-screen cops, detectives, and agents are also pretty adept at getting us to swoon on a regular basis.

That fact was never more evident than when TVLine asked its readers to nominate their favorite TV law-enforcement crushes as potential combatants in a 64-player bracket tournament. After more than 1,250 of you weighed in — with suggestions that ranged from the smoldering to the scorching, from current to classic — we were forced to split our contest into two separate groups — for male and female characters.

Today, we kick off the men’s side with current hotties from Bones, The Closer, The Mentalist, Psych, NCIS, and all three CSI franchises (NY, Miami, and original flavor). Tomorrow, the “classic” half of our bracket begins. And eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you dialing 911 with an emergency of lusty proportions. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

What’s more, if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (195)

• I’d like to see a match up between Castle and Booth. I’d think that would be interesting!

Comment by Tracy – October 25, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my gosh, I wouldn’t know who to vote for. They’re both so yummy and drool worthy!

Comment by annie – October 25, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know right?! Love em both!

Comment by Tracy – October 27, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh galoshes, Imma have to choose between Harm and Mulder?! No fair.

Comment by MJ – October 25, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Ben and John from SouthLand? So not cool!

Comment by SaraK – October 25, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it is so depressing to see Jane against Shawn…i’ll just keep alternating my votes for them :)

and looked ahead…Gibbs against Frank Reagan? seriously? you can’t do this to me, TVLine.

Comment by Rach – October 25, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how come “prison break” is not on the list? where’s alex mahone?

Comment by superfan – October 25, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The bracket is based on the readers picks, so either no one nominated him or just not enough. They provided the link to the nomination thread so you can always shift through all 1,251 comments and tally the votes yourself.

Comment by lacey – October 25, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thrilled Seeley Booth is here and winning so far. But I’m sad not to see Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds. The guy is HOT!

Comment by Jen – October 25, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are so many great characters in this bracket, I don’t know who I want to win! I love James Roday (Psych), Ryan Kwanten (True Blood), Nathan Fillion (Castle), Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Kiefer Sutherland and Carlos Bernard (24). I don’t know who I want to win! But right now I’m in between James Roday and Michael C. Hall.

Comment by Mrichhh – October 25, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm interesting – not that another guy is in from Rookie Blue other than Sam Swarek, i guess he’s the main.

no callan from ncis: LA?

omg rabb vs fraser – eek!

there’s alot of guys to choose from third watch too!

Comment by Jo L. – October 25, 2011 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Boreanaz is number one! Beautiful, friendly, affectionate and a sense of humor!

Comment by Elisa – October 26, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben Bass from Rookie Blue is smokin hot. Glad he’s on the list.

Comment by cb – October 26, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David boreanaz as booth because no one has done crime fighting like him booth or angel

Comment by Raven Johnson – October 27, 2011 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwww man! I’m super glad that Booth and Shawn Spencer won, but now they’re going to be going up against each other!!! :(

I’ll have to go with my first love, Shawn…

Comment by Callie – October 29, 2011 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Very useful info specifically the last part :) I care for such information much. I was looking for this certain information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Comment by penile extender – October 7, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post