Ultimate Male Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tourney Begins With Bones, NCIS, Psych and CSI

Their official mission is to serve and protect, but every TV fan knows that our favorite small-screen cops, detectives, and agents are also pretty adept at getting us to swoon on a regular basis.

That fact was never more evident than when TVLine asked its readers to nominate their favorite TV law-enforcement crushes as potential combatants in a 64-player bracket tournament. After more than 1,250 of you weighed in — with suggestions that ranged from the smoldering to the scorching, from current to classic — we were forced to split our contest into two separate groups — for male and female characters.

Today, we kick off the men’s side with current hotties from Bones, The Closer, The Mentalist, Psych, NCIS, and all three CSI franchises (NY, Miami, and original flavor). Tomorrow, the “classic” half of our bracket begins. And eventually, our battle will boil down to a finale that pits the ultimate old-school crime-fighter against the ultimate modern-day hero. (Their female counterparts will have their turn in November.)

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you dialing 911 with an emergency of lusty proportions. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

What’s more, if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (195)

• Psych: Shawn Spencer/James Roday

Comment by Professor Puffipants – October 24, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James (Shawn) is way hotter than Simon Baker. I can’t believe how close that race is. I mean, look at Shawn–THAT HAIR. And his hilarity is utterly sexy.

Comment by Callie – October 24, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I voted for Shawn too, but remember, the other guy wears a three-piece suit. That’s gotta get you some votes.

Comment by MJ – October 25, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Roday obviously. HOTT!! <3

Comment by Amanda – October 24, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think I’m missing something, can only see 4 sets of contenders – 8 people to vote for. :(

Comment by Katy – October 24, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Katy thats all I see to vote for as well, but I think that is correct because of this last paragraph.

“What’s more, if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket…”

Comment by Renee – October 24, 2011 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sussed it! Sorry! :)

Comment by Katy – October 24, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth, McGarrent (H50), Chuck, DiNozzo, Derek Morgan, are all EASY choices for me, the only hard one is Peter vs Pete – how can I choose? Guess my life long love affair with Mr Jackson will win though – liked him as a kid in Mighty Ducks, as a teen in Dawson’s Creek and as an adult in Fringe ;) In the oldies section, only Jack Bauer, Mulder and Michael Vaghn I’m interested in – LOVE Sawyer but think that his brief stint as sideways Sawyer shouldn’t really get him in here – his true character was a con man – the very opposite of law enforcement! But I’ll still vote for him! As for all the others, not a single other guy on there that I like, but most of my faves are here so no complaints from me :)

Comment by Katy – October 24, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team DiNozzo, Tony hotness all the way :)

Comment by Java – October 24, 2011 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GIBBS!!! No frakkin’ contest.

Comment by Jess – October 24, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Patrick Jane Love?

Comment by Dags – October 24, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team DiNozzo all the way….

Comment by kimbrady – October 24, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Seeley Booth for the win!

Comment by rcwblessed – October 24, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth vs. Fritz…unfair! I had to vote for Jon Tenney, but he doesn’t have a chance.

Comment by Morgan – October 24, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Alex O’Loughlin and Steve McGarret?

Comment by MGL – October 24, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Alex O’Loughlin is in a different part of the bracket

Comment by lacey – October 24, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys better all vote for Patrick Jane. Or else.

Comment by orpliecakes – October 24, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy that most of my crushes are winning!

Comment by lacey – October 24, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL, you have a pretty broad definition of “law enforcement” going here. Dexter? Michael is hot & a great actor, but a vigilante serial killer as law enforcement? LMAO!

Comment by Kathryn – October 24, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Ryan and Esposito from Castle????

Comment by Janell – October 24, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • silverfox Gibbs.

Comment by gidget – October 24, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to see Sam Swarek made it into the bracket.

Comment by Hillary – October 24, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess the ones we are voting for tonight are these 8 fellas sheely Booth.Shawn Spencer.Anthony denozzio.Det stabler.David boranzes. James today.Micheal weatherly.Christopher meloni.

Comment by gidget – October 24, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Cyrus Lupo?
    No Spencer Reid?
    No John Casey?

Boo!

Comment by MBR – October 24, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carmine Giovinazzo is the best CSI on tv. I vote for him. Please vote.

Comment by Tiffanie – October 24, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh I do got crush on patrick Jane but already voted this is hard they are all great looking like all their characters Its hard to choose we do best can.

Comment by gidget – October 24, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Auggie against Sherlock?!! That is just…I have no words.

Comment by Renee – October 24, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Roday is my #1 ultimate male law-enforcer

Comment by Jensmail0804 – October 24, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, this has been stated before but I’ll say it again. In all caps: I CAN’T BELIEVE SPENCER REID IS NOT ON THIS LIST!!

Comment by Heather – October 24, 2011 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeley Booth and Tony DiNozzo FTW.

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – October 24, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh this has to go to Danny Messer!! <3 Carmine all the way!!

Comment by Kathia – October 24, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Spencer Reid???????

Comment by Grace – October 24, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m bummed that Wayne Rigsby from the Mentalist didn’t make the cut…Love him!

Comment by laurab – October 24, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me…….no Donnie Wahlberg! That is blasphemous! Glad Tom made it, but seriously no Donnie! I am going to have to boycott Tvline:)! Do have a fondness for James Roday!

Comment by Julie – October 24, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Might I suggest posting shirtless pictures instead of just head shots?

Comment by Phoebi – October 24, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now THAT is a good idea.

Comment by Charpa – October 25, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Roday (Shawn Spencer) from Psych is the best! There is nothing sexier than a sense of humor! Just love this show and it’s cuz of James!

Comment by Karen – October 24, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree, although I love the show for both of the funny and sexy leads. Thank you Shawn and Gus for make swoon and giggle at the same time.

Comment by Melody – October 24, 2011 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Roday had this one on a lock.

Comment by AmyB – October 24, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Today’s brackets were easy – Seeley Booth, Shawn Spencer, Tony Dinozzo, and Nick Stokes! Give up for these hot guys!! Yum.

Comment by Melody – October 24, 2011 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love a lot of these guys, my biggest crush didn’t make it…Colby Granger from NUMB3RS!
    Guess I’m pulling for Steve McGarrett…
    Great group of guys though. :)

Comment by Charlotte – October 24, 2011 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Rodaaaaayyy….PSYCH!

Comment by sarah – October 24, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stabler FTW!

Comment by Brendan – October 24, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never have I had such strong feelings towards a TVLine post..I know these ‘characters’ won’t be upset if they lose, but you made me choose between Tony and Messer..I feel like I’ve been unfaithful!!!! :-O

Comment by Katy – October 25, 2011 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeley Booth. He is defiantly going to win!!! Go Bones!!!

Comment by Emily – October 25, 2011 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All these guys are great, but Seeley Booth is the best!!! I love him depserately!!!<3<3<3

Comment by Sophie – October 25, 2011 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Slezak, my bracket isn’t loading. This is the only hope I have at surviving in the corporate world today.

Comment by Meg – October 25, 2011 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so so happy Jimmy McNulty and Ed Green made the bracket!

Comment by Samantha F – October 25, 2011 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Michael Imperioli as Det. Louis Fitch from Detroit 1-8-7 or as Det. Nick Falco (only 6 episodes, but still. . .) on Law & Order or even as Det. Ray Carling in Life on Mars? Or Det. Len Fenerman in The Lovely Bones?

Comment by Doris – October 25, 2011 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you included someone from Santa Barbara in the classics, then I think all soaps operas should be given a chance to be on here. Given that, HOW is it possible Peter Reckell a.k.a. Bo Brady from Days of Our Lives didn’t make it on here? SO HOT

Comment by Steven – October 25, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big ‘D’, little ‘i’, big ‘N’, little ‘ozzo’.

Comment by keydazy – October 25, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gibbs vs. Frank Reagan? Neal vs. Sam? These are not fair! How am I supposed to make decisions like that?!

Comment by Jen – October 25, 2011 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Jesse L. Martin? Please oh please include him in a round. How could you NOT have him? Seriously.

Comment by ChellemaBelle – October 25, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Booth, Patrick, Tony (a little problem here since Danny’s my favorite on CSI:NY) and Nick (not watching CSI really, but I always liked him best whenever I had a chance to watch the show) :)

Comment by JustineK – October 25, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Jim Longworth from the Glades? Or Don Flack from CSI-NY? How about Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds? These are some serious hotties that have been overlooked. Not cool TV Line!!

Comment by Tanya – October 25, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, tvline didn’t pick out the guys, so you can’t blame them.

Comment by dude – October 25, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post